Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 433437 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

So basically throw Kitsune at giant black holes?

There is this thing called gravity. It is very, very good at killing things, because energy is effected by gravity (E=mc2, remember?). Throw anything made of energy near something that fucks with gravity in a big way, and your problem is solved.
So, the Dark Souls method of killing hackers?
I thought that was breaking the unbreakable. :P
I wonder if black holes insetting affect souls.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

That's sorta how it works for Kitsune. As long as the soul stays intact, they keep their personality. Mostly. If the soul gets shredded, it'll eventually reform, however they won't be them anymore. They'll be a new person, and a very young one in mind at that.

Okay, so destroy the body with HFS. What now?

Black holes are for pansies.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Doesn't have to be giant. Fuzzballs can also work.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's sorta how it works for Kitsune. As long as the soul stays intact, they keep their personality. Mostly. If the soul gets shredded, it'll eventually reform, however they won't be them anymore. They'll be a new person, and a very young one in mind at that.

Okay, so destroy the body with HFS. What now?

Black holes are for pansies.
Depends on the type of HFS. If it's DF HFS. That tends to make dorfghosts. So they obviously aren't using the souls for anything. Therefore proceed as normal.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Okay, so I have no idea what you just said.

What if the body is destroyed? No trace?
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Body =/= soul.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Yeah okay.
I'm just... Not going to say anything of this sort anymore, because apparently there's dozens of justifications/reasons/whatever prepared beforehand and I'm just too stupid to see them or whatever.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think the point is you'd need to destroy the soul. Which I'd imagine is very damn difficult to do. Which makes it go from "immortal" to "virtually immortal".

But, it's quite easy to just seal something away. Or just to break something with psychological trauma.

Plus another "Age of Creation" assumes a cyclic universe. If it's just an open universe, there will be nothing but heat death.

smurfingtonthethird

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Shitposter
    • View Profile

Body =/= soul.

Body AND soul then, broken either literally or figuratively as needed.

Even though there's no such thing as a soul, but whatever.
RIP Moot ;-;7 Sigtext!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

I think the point is you'd need to destroy the soul. Which I'd imagine is very damn difficult to do. Which makes it go from "immortal" to "virtually immortal".

But, it's quite easy to just seal something away. Or just to break something with psychological trauma.

This. Also, wouldn't sheer math mean that this would mean that every being in the universe would eventually be a kitsune by the simple fact that they can't die and anything that they breed with defaults to kitsune?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, wouldn't sheer math mean that this would mean that every being in the universe would eventually be a kitsune by the simple fact that they can't die and anything that they breed with defaults to kitsune?
Not if they are all eliminated first.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Or if the kitsune lack competition. For one, Domovoi are equally immortal (or, at least, I haven't found a myth describing how one dies). Just far fewer in number and far easier to kill.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Also, wouldn't sheer math mean that this would mean that every being in the universe would eventually be a kitsune by the simple fact that they can't die and anything that they breed with defaults to kitsune?
Not if they are all eliminated first.
I'm tempted to make a hitler joke for some reason but I don't think I will.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Or if the kitsune lack competition. For one, Domovoi are equally immortal (or, at least, I haven't found a myth describing how one dies). Just far fewer in number and far easier to kill.
Yeah, but wouldn't that mean there would only be spirits and gods?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile

Assuming no benevolent god spares his flock, or humans don't find a method to immortality with science, or magic goes away.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 534