Hell
- 3 (14.3%)
Other? Post in thread
- 1 (4.8%)
I'm GM and want to see the results.
- 4 (19%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 534

Author Topic: Eclipse Heights School for the Supernatural OOC -- Hextuple Incendiary Chainsaws  (Read 432650 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Maces pretty much ignore armour.
Have maces ever been shown to shoot laser beams, though? No?
I rest my case.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

They also have piss poor reach.

Or you know, use a modern weapon.
...no. How dare you even suggest such a thing?
Also, maces are by far the better weapons.

You misspelled 'Spears'. CAN'T HIT ME IF I'M TOO FAR FOR YOUR LITTLE STICK. GIT GUD NUB.
No. Spears are fucking awesome and all, but knifes and swords far surpass them in terms of everything.

Except they have a shorter reach and are way harder to use properly. They're generalist weapons, not particularly better than anything.

Well

Swords are.

Knives are just terrible.

I rest my case.

Had a hammer once that blasted what are essentially lasers by smashing all the space in front of the blow.

Was a beam.

That count?
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile

Not ballistic maces.
thincake

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Eh, bullets made of magic materials are super expensive for something you can only use once.

Plus you can half-enchant them and just activate them with your internal mana in combat, which, since you're not in physical contact with a bullet, is kinda difficult.

On the other hand, boolet is already pretty nasty unless someone has dr/magic.
Who said anything about the bullet? Just grabbing an example from another setting of mine, since bullets don't enchant too well (mass is a factor for enchanting in this setting, so obviously something like a sword is far more useful for that), they just create a magical railgun that propels bullets at ridiculous velocities without any noticeable recoil (less due to magically cancelling it, and more because the recoil dampener is larger than the size of the observable universe).
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

Fuck you knives are the best weapons ever.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

Eh, bullets made of magic materials are super expensive for something you can only use once.

Plus you can half-enchant them and just activate them with your internal mana in combat, which, since you're not in physical contact with a bullet, is kinda difficult.

On the other hand, boolet is already pretty nasty unless someone has dr/magic.
Who said anything about the bullet? Just grabbing an example from another setting of mine, since bullets don't enchant too well (mass is a factor for enchanting in this setting, so obviously something like a sword is far more useful for that), they just create a magical railgun that propels bullets at ridiculous velocities without any noticeable recoil (less due to magically cancelling it, and more because the recoil dampener is larger than the size of the observable universe).

Still gets rekt by anything with a high DR/Magic, but still, impressive.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

I rest my case.
Yes. There's an artifact in Dominions 4 that's a mace that shoots lasers.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

I rest my case.
Yes. There's an artifact in Dominions 4 that's a mace that shoots lasers.
Is there more than one? My point precisely.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

You can make as many as you want so long as you have the materials. It's not a unique artifact.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If non-teaching staff are allowed, then I'd like to submit this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

I'll PM you exactly what she is, Rag.
If she's something more than what's on the character sheet, might it make sense that the GM also know?

Are new students still welcome?

And would be a largish time difference (7h ahead of board-time) acceptable?
In the OP I say there's no limit to players, go for it. There's a couple of people that are around your time-zone, so you can RP with them.

If non-teaching staff are allowed, then I'd like to submit this.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm going to allow it.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

mdk666

• Bay Watcher
  • cheaply produced multi-functional biological tool
    • View Profile

Join and see how well you handle it~

People are all across the timezones from what I've seen.
Are new students still welcome?

And would be a largish time difference (7h ahead of board-time) acceptable?
In the OP I say there's no limit to players, go for it. There's a couple of people that are around your time-zone, so you can RP with them.
K, i will make a character then.

As for the discussion about weapons, do any of you have actual knowledge about about the real stuff or does your knowledge merely come from animees/mangas, computer games, movies etc?
Especially frowns at the guy/gal who doesn't seem to know the difference between a cheaply mass-produced dust-catcher and a carefully handcrafted weapon for war (katanas) and the spear-sword-knife debate.
The world will look up and shout: "Spare us."
And I will laugh.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a bit of firearm knowledge in terms of the physics and whatnot from personal research and reading various articles. Archaic weapons are not something I discuss nor research due to them being effectively obsolete nowadays, well at least in terms of being used as a primary weapon by soldiers.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

7 hours ahead? You mean like GMT+1? Since that's where I'm at.
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.

Happy Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • Forum Demon
    • View Profile

By the way, regarding the spear, sword, dagger thing. You've not specified in what area and range you're talking.
I'd rather have all 3, spear for medium range, sword for short range, and dagger for grappling range (shiv shiv shiv).
Spears work great in formation, just look at the phalanx (granted, that's a pike, but you get the idea).
I like cats, they're smart and mysterious, and their kittens adorable.

I'm a Forum Demon, expect to find me lurking, and knowing random details.
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 534