Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: "You"  (Read 5259 times)

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
Re: "You"
« Reply #45 on: May 25, 2015, 04:31:20 am »

Sometimes I pretend to be the expedition leader, especially when I want to write the story.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2015, 04:43:36 pm »

I view myself like this:

"I AM the ALPHA and the OMEGA, the BEGINNING and the END. Also, I like mead and cheese. I'm not those, but I will happily make you stockpile them to please me."
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2015, 05:18:46 pm »

Honestly, this is a non-question.  However, you could put yourself in a different mindframe, but this will work less and less as Toady changes how the game works.  That is what NW_Kohaku was saying.

Hi, NW_Kohaku!  I love surfing the thread archives, and like your !!SCIENCE!! very much.  Also your very long posts about improving DF.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2015, 06:09:21 pm »

Honestly, this is a non-question.  However, you could put yourself in a different mindframe, but this will work less and less as Toady changes how the game works.  That is what NW_Kohaku was saying.

Hi, NW_Kohaku!  I love surfing the thread archives, and like your !!SCIENCE!! very much.  Also your very long posts about improving DF.

I like his syringes. So colorful.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2015, 07:31:32 pm »

Well, thanks.  It's nice to be back...
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »

I'm the reader of an unwritten book where I can explore the world from the mundane and into surprising scenarios. 
I am given some tools, to peel, pick, push and prod the land and its inhabitants.
In doing so, reveals seeds of details that can grow with ample imagination.
Some sleepless nights are replaced with inspired design of a shell of a dwelling, until my eyes behold finer things within.
I begin hearing laughter from booze induced festivities, and cries of anguish and horror when war visits.
The hollow halls fill with historical details as migrants add to the populations.
I glimpse a thriving society as industries grow to feed the war machines, or fantastic projects that takes generations to build.
Sometimes, other characters of favorite novels fill the roles of these dwarves.
Most often, however, the dwarves themselves gain my notice from their heroic deeds and idiotic actions alike.
Alas, my past time fades eventually, and the great stories I just took part in remains a fog of my distant memories.

Chief10

• Bay Watcher
  • since 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2015, 04:27:16 pm »

I'm the reader of an unwritten book where I can explore the world from the mundane and into surprising scenarios. 

Alas, my past time fades eventually, and the great stories I just took part in remains a fog of my distant memories.

I don't know why this made me so sad
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]