Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Born Today (SG)  (Read 2551 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Born Today (SG)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 05:19:31 pm »

We are clearly male!
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 02:46:05 am »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 06:20:21 am »

We are clearly male!

+1
+1

We'z da biggest and da strongest. Our best nob is Gork "Gitsmasha" Mork.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 08:21:55 am »

We'z da biggest and da strongest.

We don't even exercise.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2015, 09:05:52 am »

((Since there seems to be a severe lack of suggestions I'm just going to go with 3mans. Also i changed your best friends name to Kade Opal because having 2 Urists is stupid))

During your early childhood you didn't really notice the difference between you and your friends. You were always bigger, stronger and faster than all but one of them, he was called Kade Opal and was the son of the guard captain. You two quickly became fast friends, having foot races across the rocky ground and playing in the deep underground rivers. You spent a lot of your time just sitting down and talking. One day when you were exploring the rocks you stumbled upon a witches hut with Kade. Together you went inside and met your first human. She was called Isabel. Seeing you two small children brought a smile to her face and she asked "Wether you could get me some small plants that look like this" Pointing to a picture of a blue mushroom. After that you regularly visited her with Kade and helped with her alchemy. During your early years, you were oblivious to the troubles going on outside. The only thing you noticed was your parents were regularly away. When they were back, they would teach you the better points of warfare and how to use an axe. They seemed to think it would be important.

As you grew up the contrast between Kade and you was growing ever vaster. While you were big with wiry strength and green skin. He was small but stout and strong with white skin. But despite your differences you stayed fast friends and continued playing together. You and Kade also continued to visit Isabel. Turns out she is also a well renowned mage and she taught you both on conjuration and a little of divination. Your parents seemed to go away more and more frequently now. This left you to your own devices a lot of the time, so you started camping outside the fortress with Kade. During this time you learned a lot about survival and hunting with a bow. You would roast your kills over a campfire in a clearing you and Kade had cut down in the forest.

On your 17th year your parents had been away for a long time almost 4 months now. The inhabitants of the fortress seemed increasingly anxious about something. This seemed to be rubbing off on you and you were becoming extremely worried of your parents. So you decided to go on another camp with Kade to calm down and relax. You brought along everything you would need and stayed their for a whole week. You hunted a lot of your own food so you didn't really use your rations. On your last day you set off back home with Kade only to find the gate smashed down and a burned down funeral pyre outside. Both you and Kade were panicking now and sprinted into the fortress to find Kade's dad and his squad all dead stripped of their steel plate and weapons. You left Kade to mourn and searched the rest of the fortress only to find valuables plundered and furniture broken. You next went down to the witches hut. Isabel was on the floor, her throat cut and a pool of blood beneath her. You could hear something outside... Trolls. Attracted to the smell of blood and the humans must have knocked down the gate to the underground. There was only one of them and in your grief and anger you drew out your axe and charged...

How do you kill the troll? And what do you do after?

((trolls regenerate even lost limbs within 10 minutes unless cauterised))

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 09:13:50 am by Generally me »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2015, 09:30:33 am »

Needless to say, that did not go well. We didn't actually kill the troll, but we managed to deal enough damage that fleeing was possible. We managed to grab Isabel and run, though she probably died. Kade thankfully ran with us, though she (he?) received some cuts and bruises.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2015, 10:07:31 am »

PTW.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2015, 10:10:41 am »

Needless to say, that did not go well. We didn't actually kill the troll, but we managed to deal enough damage that fleeing was possible. We managed to grab Isabel and run, though she probably died. Kade thankfully ran with us, though she (he?) received some cuts and bruises.
just suggest how to go about killing the troll and what you will do after. also look at the spoiler they contain information about Kade and you. Isabel is on the ground with her throat slit and a pool of blood beneath her. i figured that would be enough of hint that she was dead.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2015, 12:50:28 pm »

Continuously charge forward but then feint right and then go left. Swing our axe in the direction of its faces aiming for his eyes. Then quickly chop him at his neck to decapitate him. If that fails continuously dodge around until you can find an opportune moment to lop off a limb or go for a good neck shot again. Call for Kada.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2015, 01:23:14 pm »

... You charge at screaming at the top of your voice and bring the axe down. Perfect. It separates the trolls head from its body. With satisfaction you trudge up the worn stone stair, avoiding the bright stains of red that is no doubt the life blood of your friends and acquaintances. Calling out to Kade you tell him to come down. After you tell him what happened his face grows sad, hearing about Isabel. When you tell him about the troll, his face grows worried and he runs down the stairs, shouting behind him "You didn't cauterise the wound". You start running after him to find the troll, enraged it smashes Kade out of the way and rushes towards you on all fours. Your weapons are strapped on your back.

What do you do?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2015, 02:37:46 pm »

Conjure a lightning bolt at him!

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2015, 03:36:11 pm »

Thinking quickly, you raise your hands and conjure lightning into the creature. The bolt goes burns a large gash across the trolls legs, bringing it crashing to the ground howling. Kade takes the opportunity to cut off its head and cauterise the stump, killing it permanently. Sitting back down in exhaustion, Kade says we should probably get out of here. Nothing left he explains sadly.

What do you do?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 03:46:42 pm by Generally me »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2015, 03:43:32 pm »

Calmly but with a skowl continusly smash our axe onto the troll and then set it on fire. "Lets take rations from the armory and extra clothes. If were leaving here we might as well be prepared.

Where can we go though? Are there any Dwarven forts nearby that'll take us?"

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2015, 04:06:44 pm »

You crudely hack apart the trolls body before lighting it on fire. seeing one of the trolls teeth on the ground, on a whim you decide to keep it as a trophy. Asking Kade about other fortresses, he answers distracted by your handy work "i know the general direction of the next fort over, hopefully it won't be like ours". Next you head into the armoury, only to find it empty. Humans did a good job of stealing absolutely everything. So you head out with Kade leading in the direction of the next fort. Kade says it will probably take a month to walk there.

The first week of your travelling was uneventful except for one incident.

You had spent three days walking by now. hunting during the day and making camp during night. You had managed to sustain yourself easily of your hunting and even get a surplus. While you were on watch during the night, with Kade sleeping, you heard a branch snap. You quickly brought yourself alert, waiting another 5 minutes you persuaded yourself you were hearing things. A growl. Back alert, you shake Kade awake. Then a rustle, before a wolves leaps frothing at the mouth towards you, another two sprint out behind the first. You have your bow with an arrow on it and taut.

What do you do?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:13:14 pm by Generally me »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2015, 04:23:11 pm »

Wolves tend to be very smart animals. Lets show them how powerful we are by conjuring lighting at one of them. As hard as we can and make it explode so the others run away in fear of our power. If that fails just get our axe and ready to hack these puppies up.

We should aim to destroy the alpha male, who's probably the one in the front.

((Come on guys I hate it when good SG's die like this. :())
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 04:59:59 pm by 3man75 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3