Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Polls

Are
Dumb

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45

Author Topic: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!  (Read 56506 times)

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Bay12 DF Gladiator Challenge Tournament - Reborn!
« Reply #435 on: May 16, 2015, 07:18:29 pm »

Nice job, Myrma!

one fun guy

UNRAVELLERRRRR!!
Manager of Hugh Mann the Dabbler.
0-2-0

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: May 16, 2015, 07:19:58 pm »

one fun guy

UNRAVELLERRRRR!!

You don't understand, I had to!

I would remove the different dodging prices entirely. They already begin with extra points, I feel like that's a pretty huge advantage in itself. Of course, I'm definitely biased.

You may be correct, we'll find out as we move forward.
I've lost control of my life.

foxtrot

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike true
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 16, 2015, 07:24:23 pm »

I would remove the different dodging prices entirely. They already begin with extra points, I feel like that's a pretty huge advantage in itself. Of course, I'm definitely biased.

I too am biased and agree with your opinion

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 16, 2015, 07:35:12 pm »

100% Biased agreement. Small creatures need to be given less points, or large creatures need to be given more points. it's very unbalanced right now.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 16, 2015, 07:44:37 pm »

Elimination Match VII
Plisssskin the Miasssmagnificient  VS. Expedia The Terrible

Ah, smell that Klassic arena smell, oh and here come the gladiators. The last serpent in circulation as well as the creepy dark gnome!

So Pliskin has been an antagonizer since the moment he's gotten here. First picking a fight with Steapa which will unfortunately not come to fruition, and going after the others he has face in the most cold blooded (heh) of manner. This snake man weighs a solid 50,000 Urists of muscle, and has fangs that drip a paralytic venom.

Fighting as his opponent is the relatively small and much more so creepy Expedia the Terrible. Wearing one of those red gnome caps this creature hails from dark pits in unexplored mountains. Its beady eyes unnerve even the most stalwart of gladiators. It weighs a meager 15,000 Urists, but it's whip packs a punch.

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

All it takes is one solid bite for that serpent venom to course through the blood of its target, shortly after expunging into a painful paralysis, where the only wish the victim has left is to be eaten. Unfortunately that is just what happened here. This sick and vile snake is moving on to the quarter finals.

Only one match left in the Elimination round, better make it a good one!

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 16, 2015, 07:45:33 pm »

Agreed, little people are given too much extra swag, while the big guys don't have nearly enough.

Wofi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 16, 2015, 07:46:41 pm »

Good job Pliskin! Snake venom OP.
Manager of Hugh Mann the Dabbler.
0-2-0

variablenonsense

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 16, 2015, 07:47:31 pm »

I too am completely biased and disagree with more points for the big guys.  :P

Realistically though, they probably should get a bit more, and we could probably drop the dodge discount (either 10% or none at all, it really depends on if you dropped little guys' points or not).

Dat snake venom tho.
Call me Vari. It's easier to type.

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 16, 2015, 07:50:46 pm »

It will certainly be a balancing process over numerous tournaments, but we'll get there.

Tesseract

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 16, 2015, 07:57:09 pm »

*disgusting slurping sound effect*

Yeah, maybe serpent man a bit intense, we'll see how Pliskin will manage against the knife kobold and the mighty 4-shield ant !

Rero Falcon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 16, 2015, 08:00:42 pm »

I'm updating Orthus' ledger. Please check my math, as there's a very big chance I've done it wrong.

[Orthus the Manflayer]
Race: Minotaur (+140p)
Leftover points: 1 (+2p)

[Skills]
Novice Fighter
Competent Lasher -> Talented Lasher (-75p)
Competent Huge Dodger -> Proficient Huge Dodger (-54)

[Equipment]
Platinum Whip
Silver Whip
Human Leather Armor

Leftover points: 13

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 16, 2015, 08:10:12 pm »

I believe everything is in order there!

DS

• Bay Watcher
  • DS cancels Attend Party: no floor space.
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 16, 2015, 08:16:56 pm »

Nice job, Myrma!

Thanks Wofi!

As for the tweaking of point costs, I would be interested to see the results of repeated matchups of the same combatants. As it stands, the points could conceivably be balanced, and the smaller gladiators have been favored by chance. Personally, I think that's unlikely, but I'd feel better about changing the point costs if we had a little more evidence on our hands.
Finished: Weatherwires, the Last Mountainhome. A tragic mix of Children of Men, City of Ember, and, uh, magma.
Stymied: Correspondence from Syrupurns, a prematurely ended narrative, told through annual updates.
In Progress: Roomcarnage, a fortress clinging to life beneath a haunted glacier.

kiershar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 16, 2015, 08:26:15 pm »

Poor Cerol, we're gonna have to get him out of the arena with shovels and buckets. Random arena for Crush, always!
- Crush bashes Hugh in the head with his silver maul and the injured part is crushed!
... NEXT
- Crush gores Cerol in the head with his left horn and the injured part collapses into a lump of gore!
... NEXT
- Crush bashes Pliskin in the head with his silver maul and the injured part exploded in gore!
... NEXT

Unraveller

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 16, 2015, 08:30:44 pm »

Elimination Match VIII
Cerol Chickenkicker  VS. Crush the Crusher

What's this? Do I smell singed hair and sweating flesh? Of course I do, because we're bringing you a fight from Heat Stroke, between a dwarf and a minotaur! We've come to the final match-up of the Elimination round, and it's one you don't wanna miss!

Cerol Chicken kicker is a rather small dwarf, likely his title is a reference to such. But do not let his small stature sway you from him for he is a right dangerous foe with that steel dagger. In-fact he's faced a minotaur before in the qualifiers and won! Will this be a repeat of that match? He weighs in at 60,000 Urists.

Crush the Crusher has come to the tournament because he's had a severe crushing deficiency back home, we're sorry Crush, but let us make it up to you! You'd be a fool to underestimate the slayer of Asbjorn The Elf-Eater however! At a mighty 220,000 Urists this won't be an easy match!

Spoiler: Battle Gif (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Battle Log (click to show/hide)

Right outta the gate mister Chickenkicker is doing great! A flurry of stabs and slashes render Crush's crushin' arm useless! It seems that this was going to be another poor end for a bovine, however just as he was losing hope, Crush remembered that he had horns! Responding with his own onslaught of goring he begins to push back the now frightened dwarf. Finally the great beast grabs Cerol and dunks him in and out of the magma, the flesh pours of of the dwarf's bones which Crush in turn gnaws.

Great fight you two! Real Brütal! Great job everyone who's participated!

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 45