Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32

Author Topic: XCOM on Forums: OOC thread. FULL ROSTER! (Waitlist open)  (Read 31051 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: XCOM on Forums: OOC thread. The Invasion Has Begun! (19/25)
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2015, 09:19:58 am »

It wouldn't be as effective, but what if Crazy moves up, and you take the bottom boxes?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2015, 09:25:24 am »

I guess that'd work, but that still leaves the two of us against four of them.  Don't forget drones have DR; I consider it very possible that after both of us act that BOTH drones are still standing, and then those Sectoids are active...

Thoughts?

EDIT:  Keep in mind this position gives them the cover advantage, while falling back would reverse that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:27:12 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2015, 10:01:31 am »

Defense bonus and damage resistance. Next you'll tell me they have BVR area attack. Alright, where do you propose we ambush them?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2015, 10:09:11 am »

Thankfully, their offense is nothing impressive; their shot does something like 2-3 damage in the actual game.

I was thinking the building Pierce is in.  Sadly, the back window firing ports don't quite have range to the box cover, but at least we'd have a full cover option while they're stuck in half.  We could then move someone (Aywen has the mobility from Pierce's spot  EDIT: oh derp, that's you) back up to the boxes to blast them at close range once they move in.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 10:12:06 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2015, 11:22:42 am »

I was thinking the building Pierce is in.  Sadly, the back window firing ports don't quite have range to the box cover, but at least we'd have a full cover option while they're stuck in half.  We could then move someone (Aywen has the mobility from Pierce's spot  EDIT: oh derp, that's you) back up to the boxes to blast them at close range once they move in.
There's also K10. I know it's a big empty building with possible hostiles inside, but it's better if we know now, before they flank us...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2015, 12:03:18 pm »

I think K10 is simply too big a risk.  If it's empty, great, more firing positions in good cover, but if it's not, we're suddenly caught in a pincer with crap cover and we'll be forced to fall back a lot.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2015, 02:18:31 pm »

Adriana could move to D10 to check out the building. If it's got enemies, she has a shotgun and full cover. If it doesn't, firing positions and good cover.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

Adriana could move to D10 to check out the building. If it's got enemies, she has a shotgun and full cover. If it doesn't, firing positions and good cover.
That won't actually make a good firing position (you only have range to M12), but at least we'll know if that building has any hostiles. I support this move.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2015, 02:47:16 pm »

That won't actually make a good firing position (you only have range to M12), but at least we'll know if that building has any hostiles. I support this move.
I'm aware of that, but I can't see any other moves that won't get me flanked.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2015, 03:15:15 pm »

Yeah, I think that's a good move.  If the building is clear, she can move in to whatever cover is in the building (hopefully some) and be prepared to support next turn.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2015, 05:46:05 pm »

M14
You're going to get flanked if you move to M14 Cheesecake.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »

M14
You're going to get flanked if you move to M14 Cheesecake.

so, look, you're trying to go where the red arrow is pointing. And you need to go along the green arrow. It's not cowardice as long as you move towards the enemy.

Solymr

• Bay Watcher
  • BEEP BOP READ SOLDIERMON
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 29, 2015, 06:46:45 am »

Well, he's had enough time to fix it and it's not my job to prevent suicide by alien. He still has a second move if he feels like living after all.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 29, 2015, 08:12:40 am »

Guys, I really don't know what to do. I feel Kind of useless where I am right now but I'm debating getting to a position that allows for me to shoot anything that comes from the south in the face.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #149 on: May 29, 2015, 01:28:31 pm »

Crazy go to K10 and Overwatch
Julio go to M16 and flashbang T16
Adrianna should move further into that building
Ivan should dash to F16
Pierre is going to Overwatch
And John can go ahead and reposition because: goddammit Cheesecake

How does that sound?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 32