Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: We Are Final Boss (Text Suggestion Game)  (Read 6912 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: You Are Final Boss (Text Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2015, 07:06:33 pm »

PTW
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2015, 08:27:41 pm »

Memories... scrambled. We do not actually remember very much about our own lair, unfortunately. You attempt to - We attempt to- our fragmented minds seem to be unable to reach an overall consensus. We however, notice a dead ogre next to us. Perhaps we should look around the immediate area to make sure we are safe before trying any long-term plans? We feel however, that acquiring a mundane meatsheild is a good idea. We proceed to cast Raise Dead on the ogre's body. The spell unfortunately fizzles. We attempt to focus our energies... the energy flows forth from our hands, bringing the ogre back to life. He is ours to command. Now...

> Add Command

Spoiler: We (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

((I'm going to try to establish the rolling system over the next few updates.))

(?) We sense, see, hear, and otherwise know about the room we are in. This is our Boss Room, a room specially made to weaken Plot Armor on any heroes who enter it. It is currently in ruins, but it looks stable, not in danger of collapsing. There are two doors: one tough wooden, broken to splinters. That leads into our lair. The other is a metal door carved with many glyphs... shattered. Well, our wealth is gone.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2015, 08:31:56 pm »

Check the treasury anyways. Odds are is they didn't find all five hundred and sixty two secret floor, wall, and ceiling vaults. Not only that but they prolly couldn't have carried it all away. I mean, even with a bag of holding or four, there's only so much that you can fit in a pocket dimension. They are called Pocket dimensions for a reason. They aren't infinite. Even if they stuffed their pants fulla gold also. And their helmets. And took off their shirts and used them as gold carriers.

Just was too damn much for three people to loot. Gotta be a buncha stuff left. They likely took the choicest artifacts though.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2015, 08:41:29 pm »

Check the treasury anyways. Odds are is they didn't find all five hundred and sixty two secret floor, wall, and ceiling vaults. Not only that but they prolly couldn't have carried it all away. I mean, even with a bag of holding or four, there's only so much that you can fit in a pocket dimension. They are called Pocket dimensions for a reason. They aren't infinite. Even if they stuffed their pants fulla gold also. And their helmets. And took off their shirts and used them as gold carriers.

Just was too damn much for three people to loot. Gotta be a buncha stuff left. They likely took the choicest artifacts though.
+1 Also study the runes to try to remember more of our magic.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2015, 09:45:16 pm »

An check our own personal inventories (what the heck are we wearing?) and our health.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 05, 2015, 09:46:00 pm »

An check our own personal inventories (what the heck are we wearing?) and our health.
Well, we are a dragon. I'd imagine it isn't exactly a suit and tie.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:18 pm »

We're in Human form I think.

Wait. If we can switch from dragon to human and back at will, why is our boss chamber not perfectly sized so we can expand to dragon and crush the Heros into the walls?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 05, 2015, 09:48:42 pm »

Well, we are a dragon. I'd imagine it isn't exactly a suit and tie.
You racist!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 05, 2015, 09:50:49 pm »

We're in Human form I think.

Wait. If we can switch from dragon to human and back at will, why is our boss chamber not perfectly sized so we can expand to dragon and crush the Heros into the walls?
Right, forgot about that.

And maybe our transformation is one of those things where it aborts if there isn't enough space to do it in? On one hand, I'd imagine forcing yourself through the jail cell some human managed to lock you in is pretty painful. On the other hand, transformative squishes are a viable tactic.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2015, 09:52:16 pm »

Just forcing ourself through the cell? No. Blow apart the building as the wayward hobo they locked up last night turns into a massive undead dragon? Yes.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 05, 2015, 09:54:24 pm »

Just forcing ourself through the cell? No. Blow apart the building as the wayward hobo they locked up last night turns into a massive undead dragon? Yes.
I suppose it's a question of how fast our transformation is. If it's more like a slow swelling into draconic form, it probably wouldn't hurt us too badly. If it's more like a quick blink-and-you-miss-it explosion into dragonness, impacting with a wall is going to hurt. Even to an undead dragon. Well...Assuming we have a nervous system, but it still probably wouldn't be great for our un-health.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »

Would still kill errything in the way.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2015, 07:36:16 am »

Well as it happens, we transform at whatever speed we want. Unfortunately it wasn't really in the budget to have a boss room where our dragon form could fit- such things cost more money than a boss of our caliber would have for a long, long, time. Not to mention the incredibly nasty effects of Black Arrows...

Now then. We must make certain our body is- yup, it's fine. Wait. Fine? There should at least be a few cuts... (roll) well. That's a pain- we unconsciously absorbed the life essence of all the undead in our base, making the heroes' time a lot easier on the way out. Oh well... another pain- we can't remember the location and type of traps in our own base. Those that weren't disabled by the heroes could be a danger to us.

(d20 system established.)

We walk towards the treasury door, sidestepping a few chunks of rubble. All those focused Plot Armor Breaker glyphs- gone. We allow ourselves a moment of anger. Then it's on to more practical concerns. We come to the shattered metal door that leads into our treasury. (roll the random-org thing loves you) Ah... we remember... Glyph of Hardening/Durability learnt!

We walk into the treasury. Well. So much for our thoughts of treasure being left. Our vault was well warded and defended- and possibly trapped- but the heroes had Bags of Looting. (roll) Argh. We nearly had that memory. Oh well- wait-... this angers us. The heroes have carved something into your wonderful glyph-powered marble wall: "Boldbold, Sylvis, and Ragnor waz here!" This is an insult. There is an empty healing potion bottle on the floor, as well as a single gold piece. We think that might be deliberate.

Everything snaps into place.

> Add Command

Spoiler: We (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Magic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Bonuses and Maluses: (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Minions (click to show/hide)

((Please inform me if anything about my newly established system seems off to you.))

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: We Are Final Boss (Text Suggestion Game)
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2015, 09:29:45 am »

Be ticked off and kick the bottle into the wall so hard it breakes.

Then start up a soft evil laugh that grows into a roaring laugh of evil, that makes all tremble in fear. Swear our revenge
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: We Are Final Boss (Text Suggestion Game)
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2015, 10:09:32 am »

Explore the base making sure the ogre walks in front of you.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5