Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Primal Entity of Life, Death, Intelligence, Creation, Destruction, and Blood  (Read 12929 times)

Fallatus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, Shouldn't the blood golem have the ability to give life as well? so that it may undo the sinful actions of immortals.
Life taken by something that can't die isn't just after all, As immortals can't die they may end up taking more life than necessary. Life is needed to have death after all.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Editing the Reaper is a zero-sum operation. If we're increasing its life-giving abilities, we're NOT increasing its death-giving abilities. Our Reaper should be focused on killing.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have to do stuff!

Ok, we'll let evolution do the rest of the work for us. As a Primal Entity, nurturing life isn't our only job. We've gotta make contacts and change the laws of nature and whatnot.

Find other primal entities and see what they're doing.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, while introducing sexual reproduction and stuff looks fun, evolution should handle it itself. I'd rather mess with evolution by creating stuff(like the geysers) then directly intervene into it.

Resting and seeking contacts with other deities is my preferred course of action.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have to do stuff!

Ok, we'll let evolution do the rest of the work for us. As a Primal Entity, nurturing life isn't our only job. We've gotta make contacts and change the laws of nature and whatnot.

Find other primal entities and see what they're doing.
1+

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

(Going to take a bit to write up the other gods.

Do you guys want to up your contribution to the Common Plane? That's where you can sense them.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile

ummm.....

whats in the common plane right now?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Isn't our evolution stuff in the Common Plane? If not, we should move it there.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Lover Girl and I are working on the God List. We're not done with the virtue/sins, but:

Earth, Art, Creation | Strength, Magic, Luck
Light, Fertility, Time | Life, Poetry, Wisdom
Lightning, Plague, Fear | Fire, Light, Protection
Air, Dance, Honor | Music, Love, Pain
Darkness, Void, Space | Justice, Peace, Death
Plants, Animals, Lust | Life, Art, Drugs
Metal, War, Blood | Destruction, Weapons, Chaos
Fire, Passion, Shadow | Anger, Fear, Love
Water, Magic, Destruction, | Time, Space, Life

Once we finish that it'll be time to decide how much effort they put into the Common Plane.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Asside from ensuring our supreme dominance over the other Primal Entities, I think we should pay particular attention to <Darkness, Void, Space | Justice, Peace, Death> since its domains combined lead me to think they're the "kill everything" kind of god. <Lightning, Plague, Fear | Fire, Light, Protection> is a secondary concern as its Protection sphere would lead it to use its other spheres to boost its own races to the detriment of others.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

GM hat: Worry less about that God of Void and Silence. They aren't fond of immortals either.

God of Blood and War? That's Omnicidal Neutral.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So we have 3 competing life gods

I think we will be labeled evil by those

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GM hat: Worry less about that God of Void and Silence. They aren't fond of immortals either.

God of Blood and War? That's Omnicidal Neutral.
Wow. I somehow completely missed the fact that that war god had zero reconstructive spheres.

So we have 3 competing life gods

I think we will be labeled evil by those
Not really to both of those sentences. Those three "life gods" all have Life as merely a secondary sphere. To us, Life is a primary sphere. They really can't compare. As to being evil, if even the omnicidal god of war and destruction is merely treated as neutral, I don't think we're in much danger of being labelled either.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile

In this context, I think evil has little meaning; I think Ross just means that they don't give a shit about allegiance or intent; they kill things. That's what they do. It's like asking what alignment a chainsaw is. The answer: BRRRRRRRRRR

I think I'll actually try to participate in this soon...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Sorry about the delay, had to prep and cook and clean for a wedding.

Rolepgeek is correct, as is Andres. Life itself is INCREDIBLY important to us in and of itself. Others have it because it is included in the sphere of what they consider IMPORTANT. To phrase it another way, Life is a means to ends for them. To You, it's both of them.

I'll post the list of what we came up with later today, and tentative "relationships" as well.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10