Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-A Quiet Evening)  (Read 18646 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 2-A Quiet Evening)
« on: April 29, 2015, 04:41:21 pm »

OOC Thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=150308.0
New World Map

=Player List=

Ker Packbrother, Human Ranger (Frying Dice)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=180516

Nigma, Changeling Rogue(Mynameismatteral)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=180881

Natalee Chavee, Halfling Rogue (Maniac)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=182861

Ispil Desdaea, Human Monk (UXLXQQ)
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=181629

=High Score List=
1. Empty
2. Empty
3. Empty
4. Empty
5. Empty
6. Empty
7. Empty
8. Empty
9. Empty
10. Empty

Score: Your game score is 1/player level+1/wealth level+2/personal missions. Death, or retiring without completing a player goal-which you can do by level 10-halves your score, rounded down.

Don't post below here, please.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 09:29:41 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D 5e: Braving the New World (Day 1-Catherine's Luck)
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2015, 05:02:34 pm »

The Catherine's Luck isn't the most seaworthy of vessels, but at least it's not overcrowded. You've all heard the horror stories of captains packing immigrants to the New World in every spare inch of space, even locking them in the hold to make more room...still, Captain Catherine has said she's made the trip a dozen times, and no worse for wear...

Two weeks at sea and you've yet to espy the land you've all traveled so far to find. The weather has varied between bad and worse. Right now, it's a bit worse-rain slapping the porthole windows, wind whistling through the halls, the creaking of the hull under stress as the ocean vents it's rage upon you...

Four people of no particular importance have found themselves on this vessel together, passengers together by chance.

A man who is not a man, who desires power for reasons he has never questioned.

A hooded monk who wonders about the nature of those he hunts.

A confident Halfling girl with a love of knowledge.

A rough looking hunter who dreams of wolf howls.

The small group has all been roused from their dreams, personal amusements, and nightly ruminations by the fury of the storm pounding the hull. They find themselves gathered in the ships mess hall by chance, each one possessing an odd feeling that the waiting is almost over...

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Initiative (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Player Status (click to show/hide)

((Now you can post. Will finish the character info fluff soon. Just Question marks for now!))
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 11:11:57 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2015, 08:33:49 pm »

Nigma is currently using a persona called Earl for the passage. Earl is a rather average looking young man in his early twenties, with light brown hair, and tanned skin. He's in the new world looking to get away from his father, who he had had a falling out with, and start a new life.
Earl is standing, gripping a vertical beam for stability while looking anxiously out the portholes. The storm kept him from returning to sleep, so he ventured here for company. He had left his gear in his cabin, so he is just in his normal clothes. Nigma likes to wear a dagger openly, with another hidden, and tonight is no different.
If anyone seems to be unoccupied with their own thoughts, he asks "What's the first thing you're going to do once you get off this ship?"

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2015, 09:55:07 pm »

Ker glances at the plain-looking two-legs and utters a single growling laugh from deep in his throat before looking away. He has braced himself at the joining of two bulkheads with one hand, the other occupied with stroking something beneath his cloak.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2015, 10:13:01 pm »

Earl shoots a quizzical glance at the bescarfed man. He's a bit miffed, but has no interest in starting anything.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2015, 10:17:37 pm »

If anyone seems to be unoccupied with their own thoughts, he asks "What's the first thing you're going to do once you get off this ship?"

Natalie had been sitting alone in a dark corner of the ship writing.  The language she was writing in wasn't a script familiar to any man, or any other halfling for that matter but was a tiny set of symbols of her own devising that she used to conserve paper.  It had been handy for her as a small child when she was still getting a formal education since she could fit many answers on a single unobtrusive scrap of paper.

Natalie worked on the plan, writing and rewriting it.  Step one was the ship; the ship lead to everything else.  Once she had a ship she would be able to start making inroads with the lowlifes she would need to free her father.  Once she had a ship she would be able to bait the trap for the long con on Seranko.  Once she had a ship she'd have her floating sanctuary and could start trading in favors to earn some real power.  So the ship comes first...

Well actually food came first.  Her hunger was bad enough to overcome the seasickness and make her appetite return.  Natalie tucked away the plan and went to scrounge up some hardtack.  The diminutive woman breathed through the seasickness as she walked over towards Earl.  Company would settle her stomach in a way that food certainly wouldn't.  And Earl was quite obliging by asking Natalie a question, her favorite thing in the world.

"First thing I'm going to do?  Vomit, probably, but that's neither here nor there.  Second thing I'll do is find a bar and  have a nice mug of lager.  But you humans dont care for lager, do you?  Third thing, that's the fun part, assuming I can find a paladin and enough ships captains who are interested in making boatloads of money." Natalie gave a self satisfied smile as she thought about the third part.  "Assuming of course we survive this trip.  I wonder if I shouldn't have checked out the vessel more carefully before I booked passage.  Odd ship, isn't it?"
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2015, 10:43:47 pm »

"It certainly isn't very stable. Are ships always like this?"

Ispil is having difficulty keeping himself focused with the sickeningly swaying ship beneath his feet. It was his first time being on such a long voyage, and he still hadn't gotten used to it. Normally he wouldn't be so sociable given his mission, but he didn't see any need to be on guard here. He doubted these people had any connection with what he needed to do.
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 12:54:08 am »

"First thing I'm going to do?  Vomit, probably, but that's neither here nor there.  Second thing I'll do is find a bar and  have a nice mug of lager.  But you humans dont care for lager, do you?  Third thing, that's the fun part, assuming I can find a paladin and enough ships captains who are interested in making boatloads of money." Natalie gave a self satisfied smile as she thought about the third part.  "Assuming of course we survive this trip.  I wonder if I shouldn't have checked out the vessel more carefully before I booked passage.  Odd ship, isn't it?"
Earl's face turns from a grin at her first comment, to a nod of agreement at her second, a raised eyebrow in confusion with the third, and a look of worry at the last part.
"I've never been on ship before. Are you suggesting that we're going to sink?"
"It certainly isn't very stable. Are ships always like this?"

Ispil is having difficulty keeping himself focused with the sickeningly swaying ship beneath his feet. It was his first time being on such a long voyage, and he still hadn't gotten used to it. Normally he wouldn't be so sociable given his mission, but he didn't see any need to be on guard here. He doubted these people had any connection with what he needed to do.
Earl just gives a small shrug, sharing in the pale man's confusion.

"My name's Earl, by the way. Not that it'll matter much if we're going to sink..."

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 05:32:53 am »

Ispil smiled and gave his own name in turn.

"Norn."

It was a lie he had told many times before. Real names were forbidden from use outside the monastery's boundaries, lest they be used to track down down things like family members or lovers to be used as bargaining chips. Ispil had no family or spouse, but he adhered to the rules all the same.
Besides, he thought, names had a certain power to them. Better safe than sorry.
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2015, 08:44:27 am »

Staring at Ispil, Ker barks out, "You feel it too, don't you? These floating houses are even worse than the other sort, nothing natural about them."

3. Run Resize Enable

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 09:11:53 am »

"They certainly aren't very pleasant, though I don't know about how natural they are."

Ispil was surprised to see Ker speak. He didn't seem one for small talk.
The circle is complete.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2015, 09:13:10 am »

At that moment, there's a terrible lash of lightning some where outside, very close to the ship-anyone peering out the porthole at that moment is momentarily blinded by a bright white flash, and all of you hear the terrific boom that buffets the vessel. A moment after, the floor begins an subtle, yet extremely uncomfortable cant to the left-not enough to toss you off your feet, but enough to make one want to brace against something for balance-any unattended object shifts slightly to the left. A small metal cup clatters to the floor and rolls against the wall with a *tink*.

The unstable groaning gets louder, along with a series of rapid metallic popping sounds which most of you think might be the copper rivets on the hull coming off, for those of you that wonder about such things.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 09:24:09 am »

Losing control of his normal calm features for a fraction of a second, Ispil shows worry on his face and braces himself against whatever is nearby and suitable.

"That cannot be a good sign."
The circle is complete.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 09:28:03 am »

Ker pushes himself further into his corner, visibly tense. He seems fixated on the door.

3. Run Resize Enable

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 10:23:32 am »

Earl's face turns even greener and he mutters a prayer to Fharlanghn under his breath.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20