Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Galaxy Rise II  (Read 6732 times)

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxy Rise II
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2015, 12:30:47 am »

((I wonder if another stealth mission is in order. :) ))

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2015, 12:44:08 am »

First things first - we need trained troops. To that end, we'll have to get in contact with the rebellious elements of Dunport, destroy all enemy strongholds and comms towers (except the one(s) we capture), and then proceed to give fire support to the Dunport rebels.

Let's try to avoid fighting any enemy ships until the GM recovers from his loss.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2015, 12:50:31 am »

Ask Roge, "In which cities will we be likely to find whatever we need to repair our hyperdrive?"
"This place can be seen as a gold mine for hyperdrives. Among many other possible options, I'd say that Expanse and Killerth are our best options for a hyperdrive. Expanse is bound to have hyperdrives of all ranges in the various stores. Maybe even some military grade ones, or really good consumer-grade, which would be just as good. Killerth will almost definitely have a factory somewhere that deals in civilian hyperdrives. There's also Dunport. They, without a doubt, have military-grade hyperdrives in stock. Though it would be challenging to grab one from there thanks to the martial law they have going on."
Smarte chips in: "I'd like to point out that while we can use civilian hyperdrives, they would likely burn out after one or two jumps, or even mid-jump. Luckily a burnout mid-jump just means we stop in orbit of the nearest gravity well, but it's still something to consider. I'd recommend going straight for a military-grade one. A really high-end civilian unit could also work for a ship of our size, though."
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 01:00:33 am »

((I wonder if another stealth mission is in order. :) ))

pffft.. Stealth...

It is a much better idea to just attack the Uarks capital planet and take it over. Then, we could strike a deal and trade it to them if they give us earth back!
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 02:00:17 am »

Land near Dunport. Send in the espionage officer during the day to get in contact with rebel elements. Get some maps of the city and find out where the Uark bases and comms stations are.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 08:14:54 am »

Ask Smarte, "would a civilian hyperdrive work on this ship if we were to cut down the mass of this ship? Or is the hyperdrive dependent on volume?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:14:07 am by origamiscienceguy »
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:04 am »

Land near Dunport. Send in the espionage officer during the day to get in contact with rebel elements. Get some maps of the city and find out where the Uark bases and comms stations are.
+1

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 07:26:57 pm »

Ask Smarte, "would a civilian hyperdrive work on this ship if we were to cut down the mass of this ship? Or is the hyperdrive dependent on volume?"
She looks at you strangely, then begins talking. "Nope. Hyperdrives are completely dependent on the volume of their host ship."
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 10:45:19 pm »

Hmmm, if we could shave off pieces of the ship that are not 100% necessary, could we make a civilian hyperdrive work? If we take off the observation deck, and some other pieces, and store it in the hangar until we need it, could a civilian hyperdrive work for us?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 11:54:40 pm »

The Phoenix is carefully landed within a reasonable walking distance from Dunport, hopefully not setting off any alarms. Officer Rodra steps out the airlock, alone. With a wave, the airlock door closes and he departs.

Officer Rodra, dressed in civilian clothing, solemnly walks across the vast desert separating the Phoenix and Dunport. About an hour later, the familiar U.E.F. military architecture comes into distance. He barely manages to slip past the Uark patrols, and enters Dunport.
Dunport is a rather intimidating town. Large structures made from military-grade alloys designed to withstand even orbital bombardment dominate the cityscape, with the rare building made out of civilian materials interspersed between. Rodra walks past many of these structures as he searches for an apartment complex infamous for housing some of the best soldiers in the U.E.F. garrison. Within minutes, he finds the exact building he's been looking for.

He knocks on the door of the relatively small building and waits. A rather gruff-looking man appears at the doorway.

Rodra's voice comes through the secure channel linked between his headset and the Phoenix communications array. "Captain, I believe I've located a rebel group. They don't appear to be cooperative, though. Despite my attempts to convince them, they don't truly believe I speak for a U.E.F. vessel."
Gonzal activates his headset; "Why not show them the Phoenix?" he asks.
"I don't believe that'd work. Based on how uncooperative they are now, chances are we'd actually have to do something big to help them before they'd help us."
"In fact, I was able to convince them to give us a bit of help. I'll forward their data to you right now."

File retrieved from: Intelligence Officer Rodra.
Spoiler: Cooperation (click to show/hide)
"It's not much, but it'll definitely help. I'll leave the interpretation up to you, Captain."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Hmmm, if we could shave off pieces of the ship that are not 100% necessary, could we make a civilian hyperdrive work? If we take off the observation deck, and some other pieces, and store it in the hangar until we need it, could a civilian hyperdrive work for us?
"I.. guess? Though I don't believe we actually have the equipment or materials to properly temporarily dismantle any actual parts of the ship without compromising hull and wiring integrity. Or even dismantle it in a reasonable timeframe."

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 12:19:26 am by Chiefwaffles »

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 12:10:23 am »

Clearly they expect us to help that town to get a specialty. How about hyperdrive-making?

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 12:18:11 am »

Smarte scowls at you.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2015, 12:21:30 am »

No need to get all smarte with me.

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2015, 12:31:40 am »

No, seriously. Rodra could pose as an engineer and offer to build a factory in the town to manufacture hyperdrives. Th Uarks most likely want the town to have some use, so they would supply the materials, and the town would likely get reduced cruelty because the Uarks would want to prevent a strike. Us, on the other hand, would get a hyperdrive we need.

Instruct Rodra to come back, and have Smarte teach him everything she knows about hyperdrives and how one would manufacture them.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2015, 12:59:10 am »

-1 to any more mentions of hyperdrives.

Send espionage officer to the town to mark Uark bases for orbital annihilation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6