Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Fun execution methods  (Read 3960 times)

Wondabarrapa

• Bay Watcher
  • Charge!
    • View Profile
Fun execution methods
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:07:38 pm »

What is your favorite/sadistic way of executing captured goblins and such?

The best i've managed so far is dropping goblins from a 5 Z level fall into a jaguar and leopard pit, but im currently working on a 20+ Z level drop onto a sacrifice altar.

TruePikachu

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished System Administrator
    • View Profile
    • cDusto (my personal server)
Re: Fun execution methods
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 11:36:09 pm »

I generally strip them and kill them with the military, good for experience.
He likes Pokémon, composing ≡«☼characters☼»≡, Windows for its compatability, Linux for its security, and Pikachu for its electric capabilities. When possible, he prefers to consume pasta. He absolutely detests Apple.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:51:58 pm »

My favorite was digging out a 100x100 cavern like area then stripping and dumping all my captured prisoners in it, which were lots of goblins and elves. I initially named it goblin caverns, but The elves brought horses with them which I threw in as well and the horses kept giving birth and eventually it got overrun with horses and I started calling it horse caverns.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

YomToxic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2015, 12:00:40 am »

Advanced Special Forces Combat Training.

I create an entire 'living zone' below the fortress, complete with workshops, beds, etc and seal it off completely with a 'drawbridge airlock' serving as the only entryway. After dumping armorless gobbos in the area, I have the veteran military station in the airlock, then allow them to enter.

"SEARCH AND DESTROY."

I then pretend I'm in an RTS with the station command.

maxcat61

• Bay Watcher
  • SuperMinion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2015, 12:39:35 am »

I personally like taking prisoners to the middle of the dining hall, sealing them in a glass box (with fortifications on 1 side), gathering the entire fort, and then slowly kill them with marksdwarfs with wooden (or bone) bolts. Does great things to the stress levels, and makes dwarfs "not care about anything anymore".
If I am feeling generous, I drop take all my prisoners (FB's, Titans, Giants, and Goblins), seal then in 1 room, and then release them all. I build a bridge above them, about 10z. I then quantum-stockpile rocks onto the bridge, and when it looks like there is a "winner", I pull the lever, and let heavy stone *spinning* boulders fall on them.
You can't make an omelette without melting a few dwarves...
The purple overseer hat weights heavily on one's head. Some would argue that the leadership of Doomforest is uneasy to bear for too long. Others would simply suggest that we don't craft the next overseer hat out of rutile.

Pirate Santa

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2015, 04:55:36 am »

I like the dining hall death window method but I prefer to drop them from a great height to cause explosions.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress. Where peaceful death of old age is something nobody sees coming.
it turns out Dog Bone Doctors aren't very good at doctoring.

Skuggen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2015, 04:57:00 am »

In one fort I dug out a maze filled with traps and pressure plates that would rearrange the available paths. Then I just dumped naked prisoners into one end, and let the ones that made it to the exit go. If I remake it I want to floor it over with glass so the dwarves in a meeting hall above it can watch and cheer (I know they technically can't, but it's the thought that counts!).

IRON_GAUNTLET

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:27 am »

Advanced Special Forces Combat Training.

I create an entire 'living zone' below the fortress, complete with workshops, beds, etc and seal it off completely with a 'drawbridge airlock' serving as the only entryway. After dumping armorless gobbos in the area, I have the veteran military station in the airlock, then allow them to enter.

"SEARCH AND DESTROY."

I then pretend I'm in an RTS with the station command.

haha, this is awesome! :D
bay12: the place where the simulated mass murder of children is acceptable and even encouraged, but a demographic survey is controversial.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2015, 07:12:52 am »

It is shocking i know, but i am rather practicable in that regard.
Most caught invaders trying to murder my Dwarfes usually end up as training dummys for the Soldiers.

Sometimes i throw oen down a deep pit i have found or other such things if an oppurtunity arises.
But usually. Soldier food.

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 07:21:31 am »

I'm a "no quarter" kind of military strategist. We don't get a lot of prisoners. Unless its a necromancer, I just have it fed to the military.

Now if I want to be fun, undead labyrinth.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2015, 04:00:43 pm »

They become a living practice target for my catapults and ballistas, if they are particularly nasty.
Sometimes I strip them naked and then release them. Not often though.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2015, 04:20:22 pm »

After taking their weapons and armor (I need the metal), I round up my prisoners and give them an ultimatum.

You can stay here, rot in jail, and eventually be used as bait for some terrible creature or another.

Or you can go free, on one condition.

You can go free... through hell. If you survive the demons and make it to the edge of the map, you can climb the staircase through the adamantine spire and leave on the surface. No, you can't have your armor and weapons back. We melted them down to make steel and copper bolts already.

Safety, or freedom. The choice is yours.

NESgamer190

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundle hugger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2015, 08:58:36 pm »

Personally, my most interesting means of murder had been sentencing the goblins into a pit full of skewers and repeatedly stabbing them.  If they survive one stabbing, cue round two!  Also used for troglodytes.

If I could keep the resources, I would use the spikes, as well as magma for the skewertron mk. 2

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 08:59:59 pm »

How do you ask them?  Do you have a dwarven -> goblin handy phrasebook?

Our Language: hairy man work, attack stupid green man.  crush stupid green man

Dwarven Language: bistök udos ducim, rashgur othob omer udos.  ôm othob omer udos.  *flips through book*  says stuff like snustrok ngokang + so on

Actually, that sounds cool.  Bis-Tock Oo-Dohs Ducim, Rash-gurr Ah-Thahb Oh-Mer Oo-Dohs.  Om Ah-Thahb Oh-Mer Oo-Dohs.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

The Bard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 12:05:25 am »

Stripped and released into the war rhino paddock. If they can climb the wall and escape, they're allowed to return home in shame... if they can get past the archery towers.
Pages: [1] 2 3