Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15927 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2015, 11:40:38 am »

+1 to what weird said

Of further interest, will killing Kerrick end her shape-shifting ways?

A moot point if the question above was answered positive, but ask if she can spread the curse, and if she would be willing to do so. Obviously her brood would currently be controlled by Kerrick, but still.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 04, 2015, 11:56:00 am »

+1 to what weird said

Of further interest, will killing Kerrick end her shape-shifting ways?

A moot point if the question above was answered positive, but ask if she can spread the curse, and if she would be willing to do so. Obviously her brood would currently be controlled by Kerrick, but still.

Killing Kerrick shouldn't cure her, if it did, she wouldn't also be asking for our help in relocating. I wouldn't ask her about spreading the curse until after we kill Kerrick and earn her trust a bit.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 04, 2015, 12:02:04 pm »

Right. Lets hide the question then?;
We can get the same information if we ask her if she has her own brood, or if she has taken appropriate steps against it, as we don't see any of them around. Her answer will tell us if she can spread the curse, and her attitude towards it.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 04, 2015, 02:53:44 pm »

Ask about an Elven retreat here that we can destroy for power and materials. Elves will have lots of stuff and we can dominate a small group and force them to trade their valuables for Steel. As for fire...well we can just set a tree limb on fire or something.

We'll attack in the day when he is in human form.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 04, 2015, 03:21:17 pm »

Ask about an Elven retreat here that we can destroy for power and materials. Elves will have lots of stuff and we can dominate a small group and force them to trade their valuables for Steel. As for fire...well we can just set a tree limb on fire or something.

We'll attack in the day when he is in human form.

-1 She still could be fond of the elves.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2015, 06:22:43 pm »

Lets go to the goblin place and just look around a bit see how they react. Then If they attack we should try to beat them but not kill them and threaten to kill them if they don't serve us. If they don't attack ask where there leader is and if we can go see him then give the leader a choice of serving us with his tribe or dying.

-1. They have a fortress. The tribe is likely big enough to have sorcerers who could hurt us, or even a demonic leader of its own. I don't think we are quite strong enough to conquer such a tribe by threats and force. Not yet anyway. I'm not opposed to paying them a peaceful visit soon though, Goblins are usually somewhat friendly towards demons, and we could work the settlement for debt.

Unless you have other questions or ideas?"

You have agreed to kill Kerrick, a contract that you cannot back out of. You never however specified in that contract precisely when he would die, so if need be you can delay such a confrontation as long as you need to.

A few questions/ideas:

Exactly what does Kerrick hope for you to become before he takes you? And are you capable of lying to him? The least risky method would be to help you grow strong, let him take you (and us), and convince him that I am bound not to serve and not to harm him. Then it is a simple matter of waiting for him to let his guard down.

(If the non-violence contract can be temporarily voided by mutual consent) My claws are made of otherworldly material that outmatches the power of steel. Would you be so kind as to allow me to test them against your brood by inflicting a small cut on your body? If my claws can do the job, it will save me the effort of finding and mastering a steel weapon.

What do you know of the surrounding lands? Are there people aside from the goblins within a few days march that we could raid?

And of course: When are you next scheduled to transform, and how much of your mind do you keep while in beast form? If her brood loses its mind while changed, it might actually be safer to attack them in beast form so that the Sorcerer is less dangerous.

---

Once we get our answers, wait for the imp to show up. Order it to never reveal our true origin to anybody, avoid the elf while it is transformed, but otherwise split its time between hunting down the Kobolds and keeping an eye on her. Instruct it to seek us out and deliver the Kobold for questioning if he catches one.

As soon as the imp has its orders, head to the Goblin Fort and see if we can gain peaceful entry. Stick to public spaces and use our horns to scout for people in need of help. We might want to build a bit of debt to work with as power before hunting werebeings.

1+

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 05, 2015, 03:03:28 am »

FOOLISH FOOLS! Why are we overcomplicating this plan? With our Demon Eyes and our Demon Horns it should be easy to find a kobold spy. Once we find the brood it'll be easy to kill them while they're untransformed (it's day time!) with our OP perks, though we could probably end them even if they were transformed. Fire and steel do bonus damage to werebeasts but they can still be killed by other means. These are DF werebeasts, after all.

Find a kobold spy and torture it till it gives us a location. Give the kobold to Thalei in case it's lying. Go to the brood, kill the sorcerer first and then most of everyone else, make a deal with the survivors to let them live in exchange for eternal servitude (kill them if they decline), and present the head of Kerrick to Thalei.

Anyone get the reference?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2015, 02:22:47 am »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You decide to spend the day waiting,discussing and planning with Thalei in her lair. Firstly you ask her the questions that she so offered to answer."Exactly what does Kerrick hope for you to become before he takes you? And are you capable of lying to him? The least risky method would be to help you grow strong, let him take you (and us), and convince him that I am bound to serve and not to harm him. Then it is a simple matter of waiting for him to let his guard down"

Your suggested plan clearly fills the elf with unease, and she speaks in a small slow voice in response."For me? He wishes to let me grow to the fullness of my strength and become skilled in surviving. I think he also hopes i will become more... pliant, after a certain amount of torment and loneliness. I expect he grows impatient however, my hatred for him has not abated over the years, and it took time for me to become willing to feed my... nature, and with it my strength. His next visit to me may be his last before forcing me to join his brood in full." Her mouth begins to form a hard line, and her words become grim and hardened. "Or at least it might have been, if our alliance had not come to pass. I do not believe such a deception would currently be wise, while i might be able to lie to him a powerful compulsion still lies upon me, and if he commanded truth from me it might prove difficult not to give it."

"When are you next scheduled to transform, and how much of your mind do you keep while in beast form?"

"Nineteen days or so from now by my guess, and for three nights in a row. I've gotten much better at controlling myself over the years, though it's difficult. I can put... purpose and intention, to my actions, but every impulse i have is greatly intensified."

"And what do you know of the surrounding lands? Are there people aside from the goblins within a few days march that we could raid?"

"Within a few day's...?" She gives a few moments of serious thought before continuing. "There are a few local tribes of animal-men nearby. Badger-Men clans to the south-west in particular have become particularly common, and even civilised by many accounts, due to trade with elven and human neighbors. One clan has even taken up residence within a forest retreat, as elven citizens. Some of their stronger leaders have made fortified burrows, while others have turned their tribes into trading caravans. Even further to the south and west are human settlements, though i know little to nothing about them, and they are not within easy walking distance." As she talks she begins rifling through some of her things, and from a bag produces various bones and other bits of fresh goblin viscera. "There are nomadic Loon Folk to the west as well, not as organized or formidable, though also with less of value. When i still lived in the forests near the lake they were an occasional meal of mine, much more palatable than my current diet... " she grins viciously as she starts her fire and begins dropping her meal into the water of her cooking pot. "... but then again, i hate goblins ever so much more, and nothing sweetens a meal quite like hate." from another bag she begins adding retrieving tiny pinches of dried herbs. "There are Foul Blendec's in the forests to the east but... i stay away from those. Except for that there's not much i know of, you'll find wandering ogres or trolls around, but most things of note are at least a week of travel away. The sea to the south, mountains, dwarves and a labyrinth to the east, a mage's tower to the southeast, and of course ever greater goblin settlements to the north."

Though she's mentioned them in passing it's pointedly clear she's avoiding telling you much about the local elven populations, something all the more obvious considering that there is a sharp spike in fear whenever she comes close to talking about them, or the forests to the west.

After a day of waiting your servant at last arrives, rather unceremoniously crawling into the tunnel at about mid-day. The name of the imp is Narguthep, though it professes that you may call it anything you wish. You have little memory of the creature, and it is a piteous, mewling thing, with mottled skin of red and black, short horns, a slight whiplike tail and a pair of wings suitable for carrying it about. It might be waist-height if it stood up straight, but it's back is hunched. It explains that while it has no raw power with which to work with for the moment, that it is gifted with the ability to fool and trick mortal minds with illusion and suggestion. Narguthep is not likely to perform well in combat engagements however, having piteous claws and teeth with which to fight, and only a slight, delicate build to work with. When you explain the task you would like it to perform the imp delightedly exclaims that with it's keen demonic eyesight finding kobold spys should be a simple matter.

The Imp is bound to obey you nearly completely. The only stipulation within your contract entails that you cannot ask Narguthep to commit intentional suicide, it's still a raw deal however, as you can still order it to perform actions likely to result in the creature's demise if the action accomplishes something you consider worthwhile.

You however, have been considering leaving this hole, perhaps to go make contact with the local goblin people. Unless in your contemplation, and with added information you have decided you would like to go elsewhere. If so, are there any other actions you would like to take before leaving?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2015, 03:00:16 am »

For now, tell Narguthep to track the Kobolds by air, preferable at night to avoid detection. If it thinks he is strong enough to deliver one to us, it is permitted to try and make a capture at its own disgression. Tell him to check in once a day with Thalei as well, during daylight hours, just to make sure she is okay and not harassed.

Explain to Thalei that we are going to visit the Goblins to gather some debt that we might use to power ourselves when we fight Kerrick. We should be back within two weeks top, and that if she needs us, she can send a message through our servant Narguthep, who will check in on her daily.

Head to the Goblin Settlement. Try to gain peaceful access, and pick up some information on the civilization from whatever guards they have out front.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2015, 03:12:45 am »

For now, tell Narguthep to track the Kobolds by air, preferable at night to avoid detection. If it thinks he is strong enough to deliver one to us, it is permitted to try and make a capture at its own disgression. Tell him to check in once a day with Thalei as well, during daylight hours, just to make sure she is okay and not harassed.

Explain to Thalei that we are going to visit the Goblins to gather some debt that we might use to power ourselves when we fight Kerrick. We should be back within two weeks top, and that if she needs us, she can send a message through our servant Narguthep, who will check in on her daily.

Head to the Goblin Settlement. Try to gain peaceful access, and pick up some information on the civilization from whatever guards they have out front.

+1
Seems like our best course of action for now

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 08, 2015, 03:13:56 am »

Talk to Thalei about the elves. Feed on her delicious fear.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 08, 2015, 03:16:58 am »

Talk to Thalei about the elves. Feed on her delicious fear.

I'd rather not antagonize her and make her talk about uncomfortable things more than we have to. We can find fear to eat elsewhere.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 08, 2015, 03:18:55 am »

We're a demon. If we act too nice, she'll know we're screwing with her.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 08, 2015, 03:21:18 am »

We're a demon. If we act too nice, she'll know we're screwing with her.

We ain't acting too nice. We are flat up telling her that we are going to peacefully interact with people she just told us she hates. We could be a bit rude about that if it makes you feel better. And I'm pretty sure she suspects we are screwing with her anyway.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 15, 2015, 02:14:00 pm »

bump
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13