Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15913 times)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #150 on: May 03, 2015, 12:55:12 am »

The girl seeks our alliance, and thinks we are not able to harm her because of said spear. It might be best to not even touch upon this area with a pact of any sort, as it would only lessen our possible influence over her.

And why should we even want to harm her, if we make it apperant that we plan to get our use out of her? She will not be foolish enough to think otherwise, nor do we need to hide our goal in this matter. What we can do though, is to add a few little inconvienences to the contract, which put us into a far better position than her, all along.

Not sure if I am cut out to be a banker, politician or pact-demon, but these would be the ingredients to our contract that I would write into it, and ways how we might explain them away. Obviously, IC, these might be far more elusive, convincing or hidden in nature.

Quote from: Crippling Debt. Only the best for treehuggers!

As long as we keep her safe from Kerric's clutches, she is not allowed to harm us, or our interests.

- Chalk the interests part up to the possibility of her backstabbing us.

Once we have acquired a safe place for her, We may request her aid once, as to further our own interests. It will not be any request that would endager her.
- There will be no set limit to the length or strength of this request. Also, phrasing. We can't send her off to a suicide, but if we bind her to servitude, we just might. Our little trap, if we want so?

Once we have indefinitely freed her of Kerrick's clutches, she will be lightly indebted towards us
- This should be the mayor point, but really, the "hidden" middle condition is where it is at. This one? Just to fool her into thinking this to be our true reward.

Should any of you have more devious designs, or improvements to mine, I'd be all ears.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 03, 2015, 01:18:03 am »

As long as we keep her safe from Kerric's clutches, she is not allowed to harm us, or our interests.

+1

Once we have acquired a safe place for her, We may request her aid once, as to further our own interests. It will not be any request that would endager her.
- There will be no set limit to the length or strength of this request. Also, phrasing. We can't send her off to a suicide, but if we bind her to servitude, we just might. Our little trap, if we want so?
-1. There is no safe place - only safer places. This could screw up the contract. Besides, I have a better deal in mind that involves her servitude.

Once we have indefinitely freed her of Kerrick's clutches, she will be lightly indebted towards us
- This should be the mayor point, but really, the "hidden" middle condition is where it is at. This one? Just to fool her into thinking this to be our true reward.
-1. Once Kerrick is dead, she will be our servant and will obey all orders given to her by us within good reason, including an order to not transform even during a full moon.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 03, 2015, 01:23:40 am »

-1. Once Kerrick is dead, she will be our servant and will obey all orders given to her by us within good reason, including an order to not transform even during a full moon.

Involuntary action cannot be fully controlled by contract.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 03, 2015, 01:31:39 am »

The girl seeks our alliance, and thinks we are not able to harm her because of said spear. It might be best to not even touch upon this area with a pact of any sort, as it would only lessen our possible influence over her.

And why should we even want to harm her, if we make it apperant that we plan to get our use out of her? She will not be foolish enough to think otherwise, nor do we need to hide our goal in this matter. What we can do though, is to add a few little inconvienences to the contract, which put us into a far better position than her, all along.

Not sure if I am cut out to be a banker, politician or pact-demon, but these would be the ingredients to our contract that I would write into it, and ways how we might explain them away. Obviously, IC, these might be far more elusive, convincing or hidden in nature.

Should any of you have more devious designs, or improvements to mine, I'd be all ears.

I'd rather just take vauge debt for killing Kerrick. I'm not opposed to making her our servant, but lets give her a chance to warm up to us before even proposing that sort of thing.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 03, 2015, 01:37:04 am »

-snip-

I'd rather just take vauge debt for killing Kerrick. I'm not opposed to making her our servant, but lets give her a chance to warm up to us before even proposing that sort of thing.

So... first comes gaining a modicum of trust, if not, well.. yeah... sympathy might be out of the picture. Acceptance, mayhaps?
Either way, that actually doesn't sound too bad, and in the meantime we could improve on the current draft for the contract.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 03, 2015, 01:41:08 am »

+1 let's just do this.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 03, 2015, 02:47:42 am »

My long term plan is to use our first debt to take away her shame over her condition and her empathy towards those weaker than her. Then we wait, eventually she will start having traditional evil werebeing goals, which we can help her meet, for a price. Once we are positive she can trust us, we propose this:

She gives us absolute control over her and her brood while transformed. That way she can fit into whatever society accepts us, once we show that she is 'tame'. We then pick a civilization to live in, earn the prestige of, and feed off its foes together; She hunts and builds a brood, we collect debts by helping her victims. Win/Win.

---

If she is not agreeable towards working with us long term, a lesser prize we could try to negotiate from her is her womanhood and elfish beauty. If she is determined to hunt and live alone, she can be the sexless thing of indeterminate race, and we can use an elfish appearance to further amplify our persuasiveness when dealing with mortals.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2015, 03:52:00 pm »

My long term plan is to use our first debt to take away her shame over her condition and her empathy towards those weaker than her. Then we wait, eventually she will start having traditional evil werebeing goals, which we can help her meet, for a price. Once we are positive she can trust us, we propose this:

She gives us absolute control over her and her brood while transformed. That way she can fit into whatever society accepts us, once we show that she is 'tame'. We then pick a civilization to live in, earn the prestige of, and feed off its foes together; She hunts and builds a brood, we collect debts by helping her victims. Win/Win.

---

If she is not agreeable towards working with us long term, a lesser prize we could try to negotiate from her is her womanhood and elfish beauty. If she is determined to hunt and live alone, she can be the sexless thing of indeterminate race, and we can use an elfish appearance to further amplify our persuasiveness when dealing with mortals.

We act the part of mercenaries and help the people in that civ also such as killing murderes inside their cities and buidling more contacts via our own contracts. Slowly as her brood builds up we can take over a civilization.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2015, 03:56:30 pm »

Actually, let's just make a deal where we kill Kerrick in exchange for debt. We can always come back to her later on but let's not close ourself off to one path of world-domination when we've only just started.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2015, 04:08:39 pm »

Actually, let's just make a deal where we kill Kerrick in exchange for debt. We can always come back to her later on but let's not close ourself off to one path of world-domination when we've only just started.

Thats what I'm saying. The crazy ideas I posted above are just hypothetical long term plans.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 04, 2015, 04:15:50 am »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1d20+2(diplomacy)= 14
It takes a little more time than you would like given your incomplete understanding of any true elven tongue, but you spend a couple hours working out the terms of a contract with the elf, who refers to herself as Thalei Lushpear. In assuring an artificial basis for mutual trust and safety you agree to a mutual non-violence pact, and you agree to bind yourself with the task of Killing Kerrick, with the stated preference of bringing his head to Thalei, though such is not a binding clause in any way. In exchange you will gain Debt, in excess energy from her soul, withering as it is. Such Debt could be used as raw power in works of magic, or manipulated specifically in relation to the person it is tied to.

Contract Forging 1d20+5(Power Broker)-2(Night-Riddled)=18
Lacking any kind of power, you are forced to forge the bonds of the contract in the only power immediately available, namely the excess emotions of fear, anger, and hate that had only just been given off by the elf. It takes you very little time to turn the contract from an idea into an immutable law that must be held to, and not only that, but you take in more of the emotion than you needed to forge the contract, giving you a small pool of resources to use in the future if you so wish.

Now that you are bound, Thalei leans the spear against the wall, and gives you the information she feels you might need to help you kill Kerrick. "He, i and the rest of his brood turn into bear-like creatures for three days once every month. He is a skilled warrior, and at least one of his brood is a sorcerer, so he is not defenceless in human form, though certainly more vulnerable. He has at least two other were-creatures beneath him, those i have met are as cruel and perverse as he, though there may be others who are less loyal and evil." She pauses for several minutes, attempting to control her painful emotions. When she begins to speak again it is coldly and clinically, though you still feel her hate being nursed underneath. "We are resistant to most forms of harm, but the sting of forged steel will part our flesh easily enough, as will the touch of fire. Many years ago he butchered a Kobold Tribe and took some of them for slaves, and he breeds them still, using them as his spies. When he doesn't think that i am in danger he has one or two of them shadow me. When he thinks i am vulnerable he has one of our..." her face twists into a grimace of disgust "... HIS brood follow me and "Protect" me from harm. It will likely be a Kobold right now, in which case your best way of finding him may be to catch the kobold and torture it for information. Or perhaps we could raid the goblins nearby and force a confrontation when he makes his move to protect me from the consequences. The latter would be more dangerous, but the chaos might be useful too. Unless you have other questions or ideas?"

You have agreed to kill Kerrick, a contract that you cannot back out of. You never however specified in that contract precisely when he would die, so if need be you can delay such a confrontation as long as you need to.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 04, 2015, 05:22:33 am »

Firstly, we need some steel and fire. The goblins should have some. Some meatshields as well. Goblins are good for that. As for that Kobold, we can easily find him thanks to our demon eyes.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 04, 2015, 05:33:04 am »

Lets go to the goblin place and just look around a bit see how they react. Then If they attack we should try to beat them but not kill them and threaten to kill them if they don't serve us. If they don't attack ask where there leader is and if we can go see him then give the leader a choice of serving us with his tribe or dying.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 04, 2015, 10:58:51 am »

Lets go to the goblin place and just look around a bit see how they react. Then If they attack we should try to beat them but not kill them and threaten to kill them if they don't serve us. If they don't attack ask where there leader is and if we can go see him then give the leader a choice of serving us with his tribe or dying.

-1. They have a fortress. The tribe is likely big enough to have sorcerers who could hurt us, or even a demonic leader of its own. I don't think we are quite strong enough to conquer such a tribe by threats and force. Not yet anyway. I'm not opposed to paying them a peaceful visit soon though, Goblins are usually somewhat friendly towards demons, and we could work the settlement for debt.

Unless you have other questions or ideas?"

You have agreed to kill Kerrick, a contract that you cannot back out of. You never however specified in that contract precisely when he would die, so if need be you can delay such a confrontation as long as you need to.

A few questions/ideas:

Exactly what does Kerrick hope for you to become before he takes you? And are you capable of lying to him? The least risky method would be to help you grow strong, let him take you (and us), and convince him that I am bound not to serve and not to harm him. Then it is a simple matter of waiting for him to let his guard down.

(If the non-violence contract can be temporarily voided by mutual consent) My claws are made of otherworldly material that outmatches the power of steel. Would you be so kind as to allow me to test them against your brood by inflicting a small cut on your body? If my claws can do the job, it will save me the effort of finding and mastering a steel weapon.

What do you know of the surrounding lands? Are there people aside from the goblins within a few days march that we could raid?

And of course: When are you next scheduled to transform, and how much of your mind do you keep while in beast form? If her brood loses its mind while changed, it might actually be safer to attack them in beast form so that the Sorcerer is less dangerous.

---

Once we get our answers, wait for the imp to show up. Order it to never reveal our true origin to anybody, avoid the elf while it is transformed, but otherwise split its time between hunting down the Kobolds and keeping an eye on her. Instruct it to seek us out and deliver the Kobold for questioning if he catches one.

As soon as the imp has its orders, head to the Goblin Fort and see if we can gain peaceful entry. Stick to public spaces and use our horns to scout for people in need of help. We might want to build a bit of debt to work with as power before hunting werebeings.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 04, 2015, 11:17:21 am »

+1 to thing above cuz it's way better plan
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13