Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15979 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2015, 07:46:02 pm »

"Well, that depends what service I shall render for you, my lady."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2015, 07:55:01 pm »

"In the end, that spear is what can bring you what you truly desire..or you could stay locked away. Hollow. An leave your heart in total darkness like this cave we inhabit."

*Hands open up to show and point to the darkness*

"What is your will, My lady?"

EDIT: Fixed a small mistake in what I wrote above.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:42:08 pm by 3man75 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2015, 08:02:59 pm »

+1

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2015, 08:19:43 pm »

"In the end, that spear is what can bring you what you trully desire..or you could stay locked away. Hollow. An leave your heart in total darkness like this cave we inhabit."

"What is you will, My lady?"
1+

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2015, 08:22:11 pm »

"In the end, that spear is what can bring you what you trully desire..or you could stay locked away. Hollow. An leave your heart in total darkness like this cave we inhabit."

1+
+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 30, 2015, 08:45:03 pm »

Our approach can actually work to our favour. We "obviously hate her" and when a demon hates something, it kills the something, yet we're not doing that. That we're not killing her even though we "want to" proves that we truly can't harm her, that we're actually under her control.

I'm not going to vote on what was suggested because I don't even know what.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2015, 02:35:29 pm »

1+
+1
+1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2015, 05:27:04 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

1d20+2(diplomacy)= 16
Mostly you avoid the question, attempting to emotionally manipulate her into reliance on you. "Well that largely depends on the service you request my lady. That spear... and i with it, can give you what you desire. Or you could stay here, a hollow person in a hollow cave, dressed in rags and waiting in fear in the darkness." You hold your hands open, emptiness between them. "What is your will my lady?"

Silence hangs heavy in the air, punctuated only by the breathing of the elf. You take the opportunity to look about, and to spy the few scant possessions of the elf. A few goblin made knives, spear-heads and swords lie scattered around. In one corner of the crude dirt room sits a table or chair crudely cobbled together out of a shield and goblin bones, a leather-bound book sitting upon it. In another corner sits a collection of tallow candles and -if your guess is correct- firewood, along one wall sits a cot fashioned out of hair, a small iron pot hangs over-top a recently smothered fire. A few sackcloth bags lie against the walls, hanging limp with few possessions within them.

After she has taken the time to think, the elf bores into you with hate filled eyes. She reeks of it, hate and rage, with the festering remnants of shame. "I want to find a lair, a safe lair i can hunt from, where myself and what possessions i gather can remain undisturbed. I want Kerrick the Breaker dead, i want his head for my supper. The rest of him fed to carrion birds, so that they can shit out what remains of him to be fed on by worms." Her eyes are like smouldering coals, her nails digging so deeply into her palms so as to draw blood. Her words have gone from the flowery poetry that elves prize so much to words spoken only in the vilest curses of the elven tongue. The raw unfettered emotions leaking out of her like sewage gives you a sniff of her soul, and you know now that it is a festering thing, consuming itself, and that soon it will be gone entirely.

You suppose that you could forge a contract with this creature, but the debt you would gain would be tainted, as would any emotions you could harvest from her. Still, your metaphysical larder is entirely empty, not a healthy state of affairs for a demon to be in,and rotten power is better than no power. You could also form another sort of contract however, if you so wished. A simple mutually binding agreement of the kind demons forge between eachother, for mutual service and alliance.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2015, 05:33:04 pm »

Forge a contrct with the Elf. The power sucks but we have to start somewhere. I guess from there we find Kerrick the Breaker then right and a new lair for this Elf right?

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2015, 05:33:59 pm »

Inquire into Kerrick the Breaker
If he is, as one would think, a goblin of the nearby tower, I say we cut off this deal right here and now. What we stand to gain is very little, and not worth the enmity of said goblins. Actually, we could "retrieve" her even, if this comes to pass, making a nice entrance-present to the nasty folks.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2015, 05:35:42 pm »

Mutual service and allyment. This constant transfer of metaphysichal goods will be useful and open the route for larger favors later on with this being, once she has become more used to us.

"Very Well. In return for Mutual partnership, and your help in reasonable matters by your own standards that will be discussed beforehand, I will help you to A: Kill this man. and B: Aid in obtaining the Secure dwellings that I am sure you have dreamed of."

Pause for dramatic effect.

"You do not have to do this. But... Wouldn't you rather have the safety of mind knowing that what is yours will remain yours?"

Put on a sympathetic look, aided by the fact that this hits close to home for yourself.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 05:38:51 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2015, 05:54:41 pm »

If he is, as one would think, a goblin of the nearby tower, I say we cut off this deal right here and now. What we stand to gain is very little, and not worth the enmity of said goblins. Actually, we could "retrieve" her even, if this comes to pass, making a nice entrance-present to the nasty folks.
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2015, 06:11:38 pm »

Mutual service and allyment. This constant transfer of metaphysichal goods will be useful and open the route for larger favors later on with this being, once she has become more used to us.

"Very Well. In return for Mutual partnership, and your help in reasonable matters by your own standards that will be discussed beforehand, I will help you to A: Kill this man. and B: Aid in obtaining the Secure dwellings that I am sure you have dreamed of."

Pause for dramatic effect.

"You do not have to do this. But... Wouldn't you rather have the safety of mind knowing that what is yours will remain yours?"

Put on a sympathetic look, aided by the fact that this hits close to home for yourself.
-1. The sympathetic look wouldn't work, considering our entrance. We don't know who the guy is and we don't know where to find secure dwellings or what even makes a dwelling "secure". I don't even know what the second paragraph of dialogue is referring to.

+1
+1

I think we should try to get this woman as a servant rather than food. Werebeasts are rare and so are elves willing to assist us, after all.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2015, 06:27:47 pm »

Also, ask her what she considers a safe lair. If a boobie trapped cave doesn't count, her standards could be pretty high.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2015, 07:39:53 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You ask her to elaborate on her requests, and still full of anger, she is quick to speak more on the matter. "Kerrick is a human werebeing who hounds me. He... turned me, and now he waits for me to grow stronger before he..." you see now that her eyes are changing colour and shape, and her teeth and nails are growing longer. "I cannot harm him, but i want to be free of him and his brood. I want a lair where i can live undisturbed to nurse my shame and move on, one where i don't have to worry for the day when the goblins might decide to root me out on a day where i am weak, where i don't have to worry about Kerrick taking me away." The brief changes you saw are gone, and the heat of her anger has cooled to deep, calculating hate."I cannot willfully harm him no matter how much stronger i grow, so i need another to do it. I cannot live with my people without being discovered, and while i need prey i also need somewhere to retreat. Somewhere either better hidden or more defensible than this place,  where it is only a matter of time before i am taken or slain."

She touches the tip of the spear in her hands, it is iron crudely forged and twisted by the fire of a lazy smith. "Can you help?"
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13