Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15967 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #90 on: April 28, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »

+1 To Checking out the Cave. Try to be sneaky. The Goblins will be impressed if we drag the corpse of a terrible beast into town, but lets try and judge our foe before we make a final call on this.

Actually this is a good idea. +1 and i'm going to scratch my last post.
1+
+1. We could probably bribe the goblins with food or something.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 28, 2015, 09:24:44 pm »

I'm sure this cave has killed any who come in it because of the creature. Killing it would allow us to show power and it would scare them into submission.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 29, 2015, 10:58:24 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Stealth 1d20 -4(unstealthy)= 8

You creep into the cave, your sight guiding the way. While you occasionally shift bones this way and that as you step upon them you do not make a great deal of noise, and nothing during your approach gives you any cause to think that your movement is detected.

Search1d20+4(Demon Sight)= 23
As you edge around the corner of the tunnel you spy a thin thread of cord attached to a crude device made of more cord and bone, attached to a knife designed to swing out when the cord is snapped. It's a simple matter to step over the cord, and spy what lies around the corner. Not far ahead you see the wisps of smoke indicative of a recently smothered flame, and beside them a womanly elven figure, dressed in rags and improvized bone armour, controlling her breathing and holding an iron-tipped spear ahead in front of her. Her black hair and pale skin are unwashed and unkempt, traits uncharacteristic of elven vanity. She even with her keen elven senses probably does not see you, while you with your even keener Demonic vision see her with crystal clarity.

Not quite the beast you had expected to find, though it might explain why nothing was drawn out by your screams.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 29, 2015, 11:03:37 pm »

Of course, the obvious thing to do is greet her. Say hello.

(Then we steal her soul! Mwahahaha!)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 29, 2015, 11:03:57 pm »

Time to make a deal.  And lie profusely.

"Congratulations, mortal, on summoning me.  For as long as you hold that spear, I cannot do you harm.  What is your will?"

If she gets too pissy, point out that her 'summoning' only guarantees our presence and that we will not harm her.  Further action will require a deal.  Either way, let's play up the angle that she's somehow accidentally summoned us with that spear.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2015, 11:06:42 pm »

"Congratulations, mortal, on summoning me.  For as long as you hold that spear, I cannot do you harm.  What is your will?"

If she gets too pissy, point out that her 'summoning' only guarantees our presence and that we will not harm her.  Further action will require a deal.  Either way, let's play up the angle that she's somehow accidentally summoned us with that spear.
+1. Time to start trading favours!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:29 pm »

+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2015, 11:28:59 pm »

Guys, we have Goblins killed by Claw Marks. Elves don't have claws. I'm thinking we have a werebeing on our hands.

Still, +1 to pretending she summoned us and trying to see if we can work out some sort of deal.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 29, 2015, 11:30:17 pm »

+1
1+

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 29, 2015, 11:36:22 pm »

Guys, we have Goblins killed by Claw Marks. Elves don't have claws. I'm thinking we have a werebeing on our hands.

Still, +1 to pretending she summoned us and trying to see if we can work out some sort of deal.

That's really good reasoning, actually! Imagine a werebeast on our side, right at the start!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 29, 2015, 11:47:01 pm »

We should probably bow so that we look genuine in our intentions. If she attacks us, we won't react and will continue to act as though we can't harm her. Besides, her spear can't hurt us because of our strength.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 29, 2015, 11:53:53 pm »

We should probably bow so that we look genuine in our intentions. If she attacks us, we won't react and will continue to act as though we can't harm her. Besides, her spear can't hurt us because of our strength.
1+

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2015, 12:00:22 am »

+1

+1

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 30, 2015, 06:33:31 am »

+1
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 30, 2015, 07:33:33 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Lie 1d20+2(diplomacy)+4(Target is shocked and afraid)=8 vs. ???

You step towards the mortal and attempt to put all of the charm you can muster into your voice, speaking in a pidgin marketplace-learned elven, but the lie you provide sounds hollow, and your hunger betrays you as your voice drips with menace, rather than the likability you had hoped to convey.

The elf cries out and stumbles back in fear, until her back touches the wall a few feet behind her. Patiently you wait a few moments for her to gather herself, and her eyes slowly adjust to the darkness. As she sees you her fear fades, and she looks closely at the spear in her hands. Her fear hangs heavy in the air, but something feels... wrong with it, like a smell come from spoiling meat. Still consumable, but perhaps not very palatable.

She recovers however, and holding the crude goblin-made spear aloft she makes her first demand, speaking in a true elven tongue. "Creature of the Slade Kingdoms, tell to me by what cost you render service." She is still afraid, but now you also feel the power of hate colouring her thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13