Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15981 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #75 on: April 27, 2015, 06:17:17 am »

Get a feel for our body
Just a bit of athletics and smaller feats of strength to gauge our current power. Unless we have an innate understanding of it already.

Take a better look at the corpses
We should be able to deduce some sort of clue, as to what kind of creature has killed them. And if we even want to bother with it. Which might turn out to be a good idea, actually. Throwing a locally feared menace in front of those goblins, should make things quicker.

Take a look through our spellbook and see what kind of useful stuff it has.
+1

+1
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 27, 2015, 10:32:59 am »

Get a feel for our body
Just a bit of athletics and smaller feats of strength to gauge our current power. Unless we have an innate understanding of it already.

We should be able to deduce some sort of clue, as to what kind of creature has killed them. And if we even want to bother with it. Which might turn out to be a good idea, actually. Throwing a locally feared menace in front of those goblins, should make things quicker.

+1

+1
1+

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 27, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »

Get a feel for our body

+1

+1
1+
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 27, 2015, 03:45:13 pm »

Get a feel for our body

+1

+1
1+
+1
+1

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 27, 2015, 06:33:17 pm »

Get a feel for our body

+1

+1
1+
+1
+1
+1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2015, 05:59:56 pm »

Trader of Favors, a Pactbinder.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The limits of your body you already have a decent estimation of. Your skin will easily turn aside mundane blades and arrows, and your bones will resist being broken from falls at heights that would grievously injure a human. Your muscles empowered as they are might allow you to hit with the power of a hammer-blow, lift and throw boulders with little trouble, and vault over the heads of most creatures. There are limits to these abilities however. Numerous determined attackers, large beasts, and skilled magicians might still injure or kill you given the chance. Being buried under dirt, burned by a torch, or falling into a rushing river might prove more inconvenient than truly injurious, but being crushed under stone, caught in a conflagration, or falling from the top of a great tower could prove your undoing, or at least give opponents the opportunity to elsewise end you while you protect yourself from such dangers. However, this is only the first tier of demonic strength, and in the future you may yet gain the opportunity to increase the physical might and durability of your body yet further.

The spell-book you flip through briefly, in order to gain some approximation of the secrets kept therein. Clerical Skill 1d20+5(Skill)-4(unfamiliar with Arcana)=15
There's a lot of terminology you don't understand, and the writing kept here assumes a basic understanding of Wizardly academia but you're fairly used to looking through legal contracts with unfamiliar, local terminology, and there are similarities between that and this. This book in particular seems to be an introduction to higher study, detailing how to ward against the magic of other mages, lay complex enchantments upon an object and to similarly tear apart wards and enchantments and break them down into raw magical energy that might be used in other ways. It might prove very difficult to learn these techniques without a baseline of skill in arcane magic, but you suppose that it's not entirely impossible to extrapolate from the vague mentioning and reference to basic techniques. It would be difficult and time consuming to be sure in the absence of a teacher or other literature to teach you those basic techniques, but with time and exhaustive study you believe you could eventually do it.

Search 1d20+4(Eyes of the Demon)= 9
Giving the corpses another look you examine the wounds and damage done to their equipment. It's not hard to determine that whatever did this likely had large claws. You flex your own claws out to compare them to the damage done and come to the conclusion that they were probably several times larger than your own, though doubtlessly not as strong. If the creature is particularly strong it is likely it could hurt you, though judging by the size of the cave it probably isn't so large as to render yourself outmatched.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2015, 06:04:58 pm »

Pierce into the cave with our eyes. If there is nothing, move on to a goblin fortress or something.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 06:12:44 pm »

Pierce into the cave with our eyes. If there is nothing, move on to a goblin fortress or something.

The floor is littered with bones and scattered possessions before the tunnel snakes off to the right. If you wish to see what more lies in the cave you will have to enter.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 06:20:38 pm »

Enter

really want to kill this thing then make a cloak out of its skin

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2015, 06:40:45 pm »

Enter

-1. Why? For what? We already have great clothes.

Go to a goblin fortress.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »

Enter

-1. Why? For what? We already have great clothes.

Go to a goblin fortress.
+1 to the -1 and action.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2015, 07:30:49 pm »

We'll come back later if anything. Go to the Goblin fortress and see if they are in need of a master. If not, We'll force ourselves as their new Master  :D
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 07:40:54 pm by 3man75 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2015, 07:39:44 pm »

+1 To Checking out the Cave. Try to be sneaky. The Goblins will be impressed if we drag the corpse of a terrible beast into town, but lets try and judge our foe before we make a final call on this.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2015, 07:40:43 pm »

+1 To Checking out the Cave. Try to be sneaky. The Goblins will be impressed if we drag the corpse of a terrible beast into town, but lets try and judge our foe before we make a final call on this.

Actually this is a good idea. +1 and i'm going to scratch my last post.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2015, 07:55:18 pm »

Actually this is a good idea. +1 and i'm going to scratch my last post.
1+
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13