Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15922 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 02:15:50 pm »

By the way, are we going by the D&D system of demons being chaotic evil and devils being lawful evil? Is there a blood war?

Nope. There's an eternal power struggle in hell, with multiple "layers" serving various purposes and being home to different kinds of demons, but other than that this is mostly just a modified Dwarf Fortress universe. You may see certain conceptual similarities with DnD cosmology but that's mostly it.
Ah. Good to know.

My eventual plan: Rule over the world, but with a gentle hand. Generally make people happy. We don't want to become like our enemy. Black magic and things like that would be legal, however. Note: I'm not saying that we should be goody two-shoes, but I think the populace will like a CN leader over a CE one (we'll get less paladins and dissidents trying to kill us). Our nickname could be the Redeemon, to help seperate us from the rest of Hell and the stereotypes that come with it. If demons are always CE, we can still use the above as a facade that hides our true CE nature.

-1 We are who we are.
But we could be so much more! What if we started a group of beings that represented neutrality? I mean, good has angels, evil has demons, but what does neutrality have? Nothing! We'd have no competitors! Plus, who would you rather make a deal with: a being that represents evil, or one that represents neutrality (or, at least he says he does ;))?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 02:19:07 pm »

By the way, are we going by the D&D system of demons being chaotic evil and devils being lawful evil? Is there a blood war?

Nope. There's an eternal power struggle in hell, with multiple "layers" serving various purposes and being home to different kinds of demons, but other than that this is mostly just a modified Dwarf Fortress universe. You may see certain conceptual similarities with DnD cosmology but that's mostly it.
Ah. Good to know.

My eventual plan: Rule over the world, but with a gentle hand. Generally make people happy. We don't want to become like our enemy. Black magic and things like that would be legal, however. Note: I'm not saying that we should be goody two-shoes, but I think the populace will like a CN leader over a CE one (we'll get less paladins and dissidents trying to kill us). Our nickname could be the Redeemon, to help seperate us from the rest of Hell and the stereotypes that come with it. If demons are always CE, we can still use the above as a facade that hides our true CE nature.

-1 We are who we are.
But we could be so much more! What if we started a group of beings that represented neutrality? I mean, good has angels, evil has demons, but what does neutrality have? Nothing! We'd have no competitors! Plus, who would you rather make a deal with: a being that represents evil, or one that represents neutrality (or, at least he says he does ;))?
1+

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2015, 02:21:09 pm »

Trader of Favors (80)
The name of your liege (5)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
The demon's strength (50)
Wings (60)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)
Bag (5)

There we go. Fixed
+1.
+1
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2015, 02:42:27 pm »

Why can't we just play as an Embodiment of Chaos instead of Evil?

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2015, 02:44:41 pm »

Why can't we just play as an Embodiment of Chaos instead of Evil?
Because then we can't create an empire.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2015, 02:47:01 pm »

Trader of Favors (80)
The name of your liege (5)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
The demon's strength (50)
Wings (60)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)
Bag (5)

There we go. Fixed
+1.
+1
Why is this appealing? The horns are too small to influence people, there are many ways to fly using magic, and the claws will become obsolete after we find an artifact or heavily enchanted weapon. -1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2015, 02:54:15 pm »

At this point i am trying to put together a build that incorporates the most voted for characteristics in a fair way rather than simply a single group of them. If you think that's a terrible idea and would rather we just use whatever individual build is voted for the most than speak now or hold your peace.

Kassire

• Bay Watcher
  • The damning skull motif
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2015, 03:09:33 pm »

Why is this appealing? The horns are too small to influence people, there are many ways to fly using magic, and the claws will become obsolete after we find an artifact or heavily enchanted weapon. -1
I simply feel that it would create an interesting setup, whether it's good or bad could be up to the system. I mean, to enjoy reading the game is the objective, and I feel that I would vote for what makes the best story for myself and hopefully others.
All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2015, 05:05:08 pm »

Ah. Good to know.

-1 We are who we are.
1+
-1. We're literally a being that literally feeds on pain, suffering, fear, and rage. Let's just be evil.

At this point i am trying to put together a build that incorporates the most voted for characteristics in a fair way rather than simply a single group of them.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2015, 05:19:22 pm »

At this point i am trying to put together a build that incorporates the most voted for characteristics in a fair way rather than simply a single group of them. If you think that's a terrible idea and would rather we just use whatever individual build is voted for the most than speak now or hold your peace.

Well, as I see it all builds are trying to be some sort of all around-type, albeit to differing degrees?;
Combat Capability: Demon Strength / Soldier of Hell
Scheming: Horns / Trador of Favours
Magick: Magic Book / Tutor of Witches
Utility: Demon Eyes / Equipment / Wings / Demons Hunger

So yeah, patching our debts together might close the door on some specific plans some of the builds plan to or could do, but should not change the overall game all too much.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 23, 2015, 05:39:08 pm »

Tutor of Witches: 120 points
Trader of Favors: 80 points
Spellbook: 30 points
Indebted Imp: 50 points
Witch's Blade: 20 points
+1.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2015, 05:43:50 pm »

The imp is a massive waste of points.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2015, 06:04:01 pm »

-A demon's eyes: 40

-Your Sword: 15

-Indebted Imp: 50

-Bag: 5

-Hell-Forged Chainmail: 15

-Trader of Favors: 80

-Lord of Demons: 100

A simple build that will give us a lot to work off of. and make getting our Vengeance in the endgame much easier.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2015, 06:06:39 pm »

+1
Do imps have innate magic? He can also tell us what is going on in Hell at the moment, serve as a guide to the underworld, and tell us some of the stuff that we forgot.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2015, 06:11:17 pm »

We can upgrade our body later. We cannot get a fully loyal follower later.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13