Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15918 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2015, 10:24:12 pm »

Sword for stabbing
Spellbook for basic magic
Shadow cloak for hidding

65 if i counted right

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2015, 10:26:10 pm »

Trader of Favors (40)
The name of your liege (5)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
The demon's strength (50)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)
Bag (5)

Trader of Favors because it's the name of the game and useful in procuring debt.
Name of liege so we know who to watch out for.
Claws because they're just as good as a sword and they can't get stolen.
Small horns so we know the emotions of other people and thus make it easier to make deals, plus it's cheaper and less obvious than large horns.
Demon's eyes for loads of uses.
Demon's strength for auto-winning fights.
Fine clothes because we can afford it and there's nothing else to buy.
Stone of hellstuff to make a sword or mail or something else for a cheaper price.
A bag to carry the hellstuff.

+1

This one is 65 points under the limit, could easily grab a couple more perks.
Wow, I REALLY messed up the count there. According to my new calculations, however, it seems it was 105 points under the limit, not 65. 300-195=105, after all.

Trader of Favors (40)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
Wings (60)
Demon's Hunger (50)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)

Wings for transportation, combat, and visage.
Demon's hunger for gaining extra power.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2015, 10:31:19 pm »

The trader of favors background costs 80 rather than 40 points, so it's 65.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2015, 10:34:10 pm »

I'm not opposed to swapping out Nightmare for Demon's eyes on my build, so +1 to that just for consistency,

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2015, 10:40:29 pm »

The trader of favors background costs 80 rather than 40 points, so it's 65.
Trader of Favors (80)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
Wings (60)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)
Bag (5)

There we go. Fixed
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 04:55:39 am »

Trader of Favors (80)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
Wings (60)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)
Bag (5)

There we go. Fixed
+1.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 05:53:21 am by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2015, 05:48:15 am »

Wow, I REALLY messed up the count there. According to my new calculations, however, it seems it was 105 points under the limit, not 65. 300-195=105, after all.

Trader of Favors (40)
Claws (15)
Small horns (25)
A demon's eyes (40)
Wings (60)
Demon's Hunger (50)
Fine Clothes (5)
Stone of Hellstuff (10)

Wings for transportation, combat, and visage.
Demon's hunger for gaining extra power.
+1.
That's my old suggestion which costs more debt than we have. This is my revised suggestion.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 06:37:48 am by Andres »

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2015, 05:53:40 am »

Quoted the wrong post. It's fixed now.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2015, 07:37:29 am »

How about weirdsounds build but with nightmare replaced with demon eyes(which seems more useful to a criminal mastermind to me)and clothes replaced with knowing our liedges name
+1. Good enough for me. Besides, we all know we'll eventually replace our nightmare with a dragon mount the first chance we get.
+1 Sounds good.

( Actually, I would consider changing the stone of hellstuff and fine clothes into upgrading our small horns into large ones, but that may just be me. Still, if we want to take over some corner of some world, having large horns would ease up any diplomacy involved. )

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2015, 09:56:18 am »

Tutor of Witches: 120 points
Trader of Favors: 80 points
Spellbook: 30 points
Indebted Imp: 50 points
Witch's Blade: 20 points

It adds up to exactly 300 points. The imp can tell us our lord's name, and we can steal clothes from a clothesline or something. We can't stab our way through Hell, but a cult of witches might be able to curse our old master from afar. Charm Person or similar spells can help us aquire a position of leadership in a mortal empire, if we need one (note: a position of power might attract attention from Hell...). If we really need a sword, we can aquire an artifact one through deals, dungeoneering, and/or murder. If desired, we could trade out Trader of Favors for Large Horns, a tail, our master's name (I don't trust the imp), and clothes, to make it easier to aquire a cult.

I'm glad that this is back, I read the first one.

Future plan: Torture a cultist for seven days and seven nights, and feed off of his suffering. Cast a spell that makes him forget the pain. Give him a reward for his service. To you, it's tediumless food. For the cultist, it's free stuff. Note: only do this to willing cultists, and tell them the entire plan beforehand.

By the way, are we going by the D&D system of demons being chaotic evil and devils being lawful evil? Is there a blood war?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 02:17:52 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2015, 10:27:32 am »

Tutor of Witches: 120 points
Trader of Favors: 80 points
Spellbook: 30 points
Indebted Imp: 50 points
Witch's Blade: 20 points

Adds up to exactly 300 points. The imp can tell us our lord's name, and we can steal clothes from a clothesline or something. We can't stab our way through Hell, but a cult of witches might be able to curse our old master from afar. Charm Person or similar spells can help us aquire a position of leadership in a mortal empire, if we need one (note: a position of power might attract attention from Hell...). If we really need a sword, we can aquire an artifact one through deals, dungeoneering, and/or murder. If desired, we could trade out Trader of Favors for Large Horns, a tail, a bag (or our master's name, if we don't trust the imp), and clothes, to make it easier to aquire a cult.

I'm glad that this is back, I read the first one.

Future plan: Torture a cultist for seven days and seven nights, and feed off of his suffering. Cast a spell that makes him forget the pain. Give him a reward for his service. To you, iit's tediumless food. For the cultist, it's free stuff. Note: only do this to willing cultists, and tell them the entire plan beforehand.

By the way, are we going by the D&D system of demons being chaotic evil and devils being lawful evil? Is there a blood war?
changeing my vote to this

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2015, 10:29:56 am »

Nope. There's an eternal power struggle in hell, with multiple "layers" serving various purposes and being home to different kinds of demons, but other than that this is mostly just a modified Dwarf Fortress universe. You may see certain conceptual similarities with DnD cosmology but that's mostly it.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2015, 12:34:27 pm »

Nope. There's an eternal power struggle in hell, with multiple "layers" serving various purposes and being home to different kinds of demons, but other than that this is mostly just a modified Dwarf Fortress universe. You may see certain conceptual similarities with DnD cosmology but that's mostly it.
Ah. Good to know.

My eventual plan: Rule over the world, but with a gentle hand. Generally make people happy. We don't want to become like our enemy. Black magic and things like that would be legal, however. Note: I'm not saying that we should be goody two-shoes, but I think the populace will like a CN leader over a CE one (we'll get less paladins and dissidents trying to kill us). Our nickname could be the Redeemon, to help seperate us from the rest of Hell and the stereotypes that come with it. If demons are always CE, we can still use the above as a facade that hides our true CE nature.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2015, 02:06:46 pm »

GM SIGNAL

Can we later obtain more debt points and buy large horns? If we can, I vote for my original build. If we can't, I vote for the alternate build.

Wait, can we check to see what someone's reaction to something would be if we had large horns? If so, the horns would help immensely in building the cult and I would vote for my alternate build.

I'm also changing the bag in the alternate build to be our old master's name, unless the bag is a bag of holding.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2015, 02:07:02 pm »

Ah. Good to know.

My eventual plan: Rule over the world, but with a gentle hand. Generally make people happy. We don't want to become like our enemy. Black magic and things like that would be legal, however. Note: I'm not saying that we should be goody two-shoes, but I think the populace will like a CN leader over a CE one (we'll get less paladins and dissidents trying to kill us). Our nickname could be the Redeemon, to help seperate us from the rest of Hell and the stereotypes that come with it. If demons are always CE, we can still use the above as a facade that hides our true CE nature.

-1 We are who we are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13