Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15910 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2015, 09:37:46 pm »

Yeah. Killing him straight up might work too. If he has a large brood, we might have to impress the goblins and gather some reinforcements though.
If he has a large brood, we'll just kill the brood as well. Conventional weapons don't work against us, our claws cut through anything, and it's not a full moon so they won't be transformed.

Alright. Fair enough. Assuming she can tell us where to find him, lets sign both a mutual non-violence pact, and a deal to kill her maker in echange for a good chunk of metaphysical debt. Say you will negotiate finding a new life for her once you strike down the monster threatening it.
+1
-1 to the non-violence pact (we can violence her but she can't violence us, so we'd just be impeding ourself) and the saying we'll find her a new life bit. +1 to offering to kill her maker for debt.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2015, 09:48:27 pm »

I'd rather her not spend the entirety of her transformation trying to kill us. We don't know exactly how strong she is as a werebeing, there is at least a small chance she could actually be a threat.

Besides, it gives her peace of mind and reason to trust us (she knows that she will likely drop the spear when she transforms, or even sleeps), and we don't lose much. I can't see us having much reason to kill her, especially once we hold some of her debt.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2015, 09:40:04 am »

Yeah. Killing him straight up might work too. If he has a large brood, we might have to impress the goblins and gather some reinforcements though.
If he has a large brood, we'll just kill the brood as well. Conventional weapons don't work against us, our claws cut through anything, and it's not a full moon so they won't be transformed.
Alright. Fair enough. Assuming she can tell us where to find him, lets sign both a mutual non-violence pact, and a deal to kill her maker in echange for a good chunk of metaphysical debt. Say you will negotiate finding a new life for her once you strike down the monster threatening it.
+1
-1 to the non-violence pact (we can violence her but she can't violence us, so we'd just be impeding ourself) and the saying we'll find her a new life bit. +1 to offering to kill her maker for debt.
1+

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2015, 07:14:56 pm »

There's a tie on whether or not to make a mutual non-violence pact.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:34 pm »

Would such a pact prevent her from harming us if she turns into a werebeast?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 02, 2015, 07:24:44 pm »

It makes intentional harm impossible, so yes.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 02, 2015, 07:33:24 pm »

Then nonviolence pact it is.
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2015, 07:41:32 pm »

+1, but let's try to weave in some loophole that'll let us get out if we want.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2015, 08:06:52 pm »

I wouldn't waste the effort. She is small time, and has little of value. If she pisses us off, we can rob her and walk out, and we wouldn't lose much over killing her in doing so.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 02, 2015, 08:13:13 pm »

I wouldn't waste the effort. She is small time, and has little of value. If she pisses us off, we can rob her and walk out, and we wouldn't lose much over killing her in doing so.
+1
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 02, 2015, 11:37:01 pm »

To be clear... the rough consensus is to form a non-violence pact and agree to deal with Kerrick outside of contract? Or to have the nonviolence pact be a part of a demonic contact to deal with Kerrick?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 02, 2015, 11:38:46 pm »

Two contracts:
- Non-violence contract
- Kill Kerrick in exchange for debt

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 03, 2015, 12:16:35 am »

Two contracts:
- Non-violence contract
- Kill Kerrick in exchange for debt

Yeah that.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 03, 2015, 12:23:21 am »

You can't make a non-violence contract without betraying that you've lied to her about not being able to harm her.  Let her assume that this is the case without stating it, so we can kill her later if desired.  Imply that 'ownership' of the spear protects her and that even if she drops it she'll be fine until someone else claims it - and you can't claim it yourself.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 03, 2015, 12:26:12 am »

You can't make a non-violence contract without betraying that you've lied to her about not being able to harm her.  Let her assume that this is the case without stating it, so we can kill her later if desired.  Imply that 'ownership' of the spear protects her and that even if she drops it she'll be fine until someone else claims it - and you can't claim it yourself.

We can too. Phrase it as insurance for both of us. We don't want to get mauled by a werebeing, she wants to put the spear down. I think the odds of her transformation being a pain in our ass are greater than the odds of us gaining anything significant out of killing her later on.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13