Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)  (Read 15921 times)

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
Re: Trader of Favors (A Rebooted Suggestion Game)
« Reply #120 on: May 01, 2015, 07:44:37 pm »

Mutual service and allyment. This constant transfer of metaphysichal goods will be useful and open the route for larger favors later on with this being, once she has become more used to us.

"Very Well. In return for Mutual partnership, and your help in reasonable matters by your own standards that will be discussed beforehand, I will help you to A: Kill this man. and B: Aid in obtaining the Secure dwellings that I am sure you have dreamed of."

Pause for dramatic effect.

"You do not have consort with demons. But... Wouldn't you rather have the safety of mind knowing that what is yours will remain yours?"

Put on a sympathetic look, aided by the fact that this hits close to home for yourself.

Now that we know what we are getting into, This? the whole idea is that we are supposed to be Warping peoples' minds so that they Take deals with us.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2015, 07:48:57 pm by Shadestyle »
You are now having excessive amounts of fun

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 01, 2015, 07:45:40 pm »

Smirk, and show our claws. "My lady, such beasts are beneath you and I. You'll find me far, far stronger than he." Jam our claws straight through the stone wall to show off our power.

Kneel before her. "Turn me to my foe, and let slip the dogs of war."
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 01, 2015, 08:35:49 pm »

Smirk, and show our claws. "My lady, such beasts are beneath you and I. You'll find me far, far stronger than he." Jam our claws straight through the stone wall to show off our power.

Kneel before her. "Turn me to my foe, and let slip the dogs of war."
+1, but the contract should say that she is to become our servant eternal. Under us, her enemies (her current enemies, if we want to exploit a loophole) shall be our enemies and as our servant shall be sustained and protected indefinitely.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 01, 2015, 08:43:39 pm »

Out of curiousity, would it be within our power to take the Kerrick's domination of the elf or other broodmembers from him if he incurs debt to us? Also, would a mutual service and alliance agreement prevent her from attacking us while she is transformed?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 01, 2015, 08:45:49 pm »

Also, would a mutual service and alliance agreement prevent her from attacking us while she is transformed?
This I am extremely interested in knowing. If there is and considering a werebeast's magical nature, we could make a deal where they're not allowed to transform, basically freeing them from their curse.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 01, 2015, 08:52:10 pm »

We should also ask what form she and Kerrick take, as well as when the next full moon is scheduled to be. We should also ask about how good of a fighter Kerrick is as a human.

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 01, 2015, 08:54:46 pm »

Also, would a mutual service and alliance agreement prevent her from attacking us while she is transformed?
This I am extremely interested in knowing. If there is and considering a werebeast's magical nature, we could make a deal where they're not allowed to transform, basically freeing them from their curse.
1+

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 01, 2015, 09:03:54 pm »

Out of curiousity, would it be within our power to take the Kerrick's domination of the elf or other broodmembers from him if he incurs debt to us? Also, would a mutual service and alliance agreement prevent her from attacking us while she is transformed?

It may be possible to manipulate his debt in such a way, though it would be difficult and would itself require the use of additional metaphysical power to alter those tethers. One could also form a convoluted contract that might prevent him from expressing his control without your explicit consent, and control them by proxy, though such a thing would likely become moot were he to die.

Assuming part of the contract includes mutual non-violence it would ensure that intentional harm is impossible. The terms of a contract are magically binding, which is a powerful tool, though also a double-edged sword, as you too are required to hold to the exact terms.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 01, 2015, 09:11:31 pm »

It may be possible to manipulate his debt in such a way, though it would be difficult and would itself require the use of additional metaphysical power to alter those tethers. One could also form a convoluted contract that might prevent him from expressing his control without your explicit consent, and control them by proxy, though such a thing would likely become moot were he to die.

Assuming part of the contract includes mutual non-violence it would ensure that intentional harm is impossible. The terms of a contract are magically binding, which is a powerful tool, though also a double-edged sword, as you too are required to hold to the exact terms.

It would make her eager to sign it though. She thinks the spear is the only thing keeping her safe, and we didn't do the best job convincing her we have her best interests in mind. She knows that at some point she will fall asleep or transform.

...I think I have an idea, that will get us in with the werebeings and help us get rid of Kerrick. It all depends on the elf having being able to lie to her maker though. She agrees to the mutual non-violence, and focuses on growing stronger and waiting for Kerrick to come get her. When Kerrick arrives, he meets us, and the elf tells him that a random goblin weapon other than the spear is the key to controlling us. Us and the elf temporarily join his group, he thinks we are his slave,  so all we have to do is wait for an opening to kill him.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 01, 2015, 09:16:54 pm »

The terms of a contract are magically binding, which is a powerful tool, though also a double-edged sword, as you too are required to hold to the exact terms.
Not really. We can just loophole our way out of whatever we want, considering we're the ones making the contract.

It would make her eager to sign it though. She thinks the spear is the only thing keeping her safe, and we didn't do the best job convincing her we have her best interests in mind. She knows that at some point she will fall asleep or transform.

...I think I have an idea, that will get us in with the werebeings and help us get rid of Kerrick. It all depends on the elf having being able to lie to her maker though. She agrees to the mutual non-violence, and focuses on growing stronger and waiting for Kerrick to come get her. When Kerrick arrives, he meets us, and the elf tells him that a random goblin weapon other than the spear is the key to controlling us. Us and the elf temporarily join his group, he thinks we are his slave,  so all we have to do is wait for an opening to kill him.
-1. The plan has too many moving parts. Let's just kill the guy and get this side-quest over with.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 01, 2015, 09:22:12 pm »

Yeah. Killing him straight up might work too. If he has a large brood, we might have to impress the goblins and gather some reinforcements though.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 01, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »

We can easily take this guy, probably even in beast form. We're made of hellstuff so I doubt his claws and teeth can hurt us much.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 01, 2015, 09:25:55 pm »

Yeah. Killing him straight up might work too. If he has a large brood, we might have to impress the goblins and gather some reinforcements though.
If he has a large brood, we'll just kill the brood as well. Conventional weapons don't work against us, our claws cut through anything, and it's not a full moon so they won't be transformed.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 01, 2015, 09:34:16 pm »

If he has a large brood, we'll just kill the brood as well. Conventional weapons don't work against us, our claws cut through anything, and it's not a full moon so they won't be transformed.

Alright. Fair enough. Assuming she can tell us where to find him, lets sign both a mutual non-violence pact, and a deal to kill her maker in echange for a good chunk of metaphysical debt. Say you will negotiate finding a new life for her once you strike down the monster threatening it.

Shadestyle

• Bay Watcher
  • Adorable
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 01, 2015, 09:35:20 pm »

Alright. Fair enough. Assuming she can tell us where to find him, lets sign both a mutual non-violence pact, and a deal to kill her maker in echange for a good chunk of metaphysical debt. Say you will negotiate finding a new life for her once you strike down the monster threatening it.
+1
You are now having excessive amounts of fun
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13