Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: Emdrive news: we might be about to become an interstellar civilization  (Read 31715 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

"Excuse me sir, I represent a forum called Bay12 and we really want to know if this shit works so we can get excited."

Why not? at most you'll get a "Sorry, I can't talk about that currently". If it's been already published in a news article it's not really classified is it?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

"Excuse me sir, I represent a forum called Bay12 and we really want to know if this shit works so we can get excited."

Why not? at most you'll get a "Sorry, I can't talk about that currently". If it's been already published in a news article it's not really classified is it?
Its not a bad idea, just amusing. :)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile

PTW. Gimme my Space Marines now!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile

Its not a bad idea, just amusing. :)

I'm happy to sometimes point out the obvious. I'd write it myself but I have no idea what you lot are talking about. Something about microwaves, vacuums and propulsion. Sounds like the spaceship from Commander Keen.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile

And I know just enough to really fuck it up.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wired just put out a pretty nice summary. The verdict- wait for peer review before you start believing. Also- you'll never see a published, peer reviewed study because EM Drives aren't real. :P
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

So, once again, we have not proven or disproven it. Nothing has changed.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile

Nobody proves or disproves anything, more articles come out saying the same stuff over and over, internet media beats the same horse over and over to generate extra hits on their sites for the same (rewritten) piece of information, thread goes on with people saying it can/cannot happen without any side having proof of anything because there is none currently availiable, etc.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile

ptf

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been disproven in the sense that the people trying to measure an effect have not measured an effect.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

It's been disproven in the sense that the people trying to measure an effect have not measured an effect.
The claim that the thing produces thrust has not been proven or disproven, as far as I have seen, and likely won't be. It seems like nobody is even willing/able to do a proper test.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

The claim that the thing produces thrust has not been proven or disproven, as far as I have seen, and likely won't be. It seems like nobody is even willing/able to do a proper test.
In this, and similar cases, it all comes down to this failure of logic. The burden of proof is on the side making the claim. It's not anybody's job to disprove that the drive works. It's the job of the proponents to show that it does, and considering how extraordinary the claim is, their evidence better be water-tight.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch

In this, and similar cases, it all comes down to this failure of logic. The burden of proof is on the side making the claim. It's not anybody's job to disprove that the drive works. It's the job of the proponents to show that it does, and considering how extraordinary the claim is, their evidence better be water-tight.
I'm not sure where my failure of logic is? I said essentially the same thing you did. Nobody, INCLUDING THE PEOPLE MAKING THE CLAIM, has managed to prove or disprove the claim. You're acting as if I'm taking the claim as proof and charging the scientific community with the task of disproving it. I am not, and have not made any such statement.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What, for you, would constitute "disproof"?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

I'm not sure where my failure of logic is?
You act like there's anything to disprove.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13