Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Four vampires. FOUR!!  (Read 2814 times)

Fhaertala

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady of Onren Serinne
    • View Profile
Four vampires. FOUR!!
« on: April 22, 2015, 10:16:16 am »

Whille reading the discriptions of my dwarfs, I realised that one of them had a HUGE history. I assumed it was because he were super old. He was only 53. And, then, after reveiwing several, others, I realised that I have  FOUR fairly important VAMPIRES inside my base. I never had this happen before. What do I do?
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live."- Unkown

"A hero need not speak. For when she is gone, the world will speak for her"-Ayra Fahlla of Elvish-Human descent. "Ëlf wïll rülë æll!"-Naeryndam Warlord

Zephyrous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Four vampires. FOUR!!
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 10:28:11 am »

Burrow them all off in their own little mini fort, make them the book keeper, and what ever other jobs you can think of,  you can control access to materials with bridges and what not. once you get them there.

Fhaertala

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady of Onren Serinne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 10:32:48 am »

But I want to KILL them. And I dont have any military yet, since I just started. And I dont want one of them to feed on someone.
"Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside of us while we live."- Unkown

"A hero need not speak. For when she is gone, the world will speak for her"-Ayra Fahlla of Elvish-Human descent. "Ëlf wïll rülë æll!"-Naeryndam Warlord

TheKaspa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 10:36:43 am »

Dig a room
Build a bridge (not retracting), linked to a lever
Burrow the vampires inside the room
Seal the room
Pull the lever (not the other one)!
Tai'shar DwarfFortress

I've heard Minecart Airlines Express offers nice trips to nobility. Alternative trips include a voyage over the volcano. Call 1-800-I-THE-GUINEAPIG-VOLUNTEER and book now!
My fucking armok, you broke the game.

Magnnus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2015, 10:46:17 am »

No military? You have four vampires. That is your military.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2015, 10:57:40 am »

And I dont have any military yet, since I just started.

You've just started?
As in "I hit embark and before doing anything else I looked at my dwarves"?
If so, then you don't have any vampires.

Huge histories (i.e. huge kill lists) don't actually mean that they are vampires.
It could be a hint, but it's not a proof.
If you already played long enough and got some migrant waves (if the answer to my question above is no) and you're not sure if they are vampires, then I suggest you build four little rooms, station them there, lock the doors and wait.
If some of them begin to starve, you can move them out.

Btw.:
Really, you want to kill them?
Really?
Lock them up and question yourself if they wouldn't be a nice addition to your fort.
Some players would kill to get some vampires - or even complete vampire-forts.

Fhaertala

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady of Onren Serinne
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2015, 11:04:10 am »

And I dont have any military yet, since I just started.

You've just started?
As in "I hit embark and before doing anything else I looked at my dwarves"?
If so, then you don't have any vampires.

Huge histories (i.e. huge kill lists) don't actually mean that they are vampires.
It could be a hint, but it's not a proof.
If you already played long enough and got some migrant waves (if the answer to my question above is no) and you're not sure if they are vampires, then I suggest you build four little rooms, station them there, lock the doors and wait.
If some of them begin to starve, you can move them out.

Btw.:
Really, you want to kill them?
Really?

Lock them up and question yourself if they wouldn't be a nice addition to your fort.
Some players would kill to get some vampires - or even complete vampire-forts.

Well, it was after a migrant wave and I was checking them over, so they are most likely vamps. I guess I can lock them in rooms. Thanks for the replies!

BoredVirulence

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 01:13:13 pm »

Not everyone starts their military immediately upon embarking. I mean I do, but not everyone...

Keep them in a separate part of the fortress. Seal it in. Honestly, their worth keeping for their necromancer assassinating abilities alone...
Not to mention the miner got his face eaten off while digging out a route for migrants to safely get to the fortress without feeding the ravenous horde, that was my only pick. Or everyone dies, if only I had walled someone in. Indispensable...

Bearcoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Im not new to the forums i just forgot my Password
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 06:43:37 pm »

Dont kill them make a mini fort for them lock them in make them book keepers and let them breed so that you have two forts the vampires and the Dwarfs!
"Click" 3....2....Oops Wrong Lever

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2015, 06:58:16 pm »

Dont kill them make a mini fort for them lock them in make them book keepers and let them breed so that you have two forts the vampires and the Dwarfs!
vamps are sterile

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2015, 07:03:27 pm »

No military? You have four vampires. That is your military.
Time to get some legendary biters.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Bearcoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Im not new to the forums i just forgot my Password
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2015, 07:35:03 pm »

vamps are steril that makes me sad
"Click" 3....2....Oops Wrong Lever

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2015, 11:17:38 pm »

not the other one
Hehehe I'm going to have to keep this video somewhere where I can access it for other circumstances.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2015, 04:46:22 pm »

You could make your entire fort vampires by not making booze and getting one of them to die/bleed into a source of water. I haven't done it myself, but I think others have.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2015, 09:03:56 pm »

Well, if they live forever, then they don't need to reproduce.  Migrants can either be food or new vampires.

See the thread (don't have link) on vampire fortress.  Modding needed to prevent non-alcoholic slowdown and possibly mood decrease.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: [1] 2