Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear  (Read 8005 times)

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
Re: Endless Era - The Adventures of a Warrior and his Bear
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2015, 06:48:32 pm »

Well, why not take the quests? They're explicitly for the same place, chances are we'll stumble across wolves while fighting kobolds and see the plants along the way. It seems silly to me to not just grab all three and go.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2015, 07:19:28 pm »

Because then we'll be obligated to do the quests, even if we want to do some better quests we unlock later on. We can just get the wolf pelts and the herbs on the way there or back as we want and then activate the quests to instantly complete them.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2015, 07:29:40 pm »

I agree with the wolf pelts, but I don't think we really know what the herbs look like. Its kinda vague. We might wander back with rosemary after all, maybe a fine thyme. All we have to work off of is the name.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2015, 07:34:23 pm »

We won't pick herbs, then. Besides, flower-picking isn't exactly part of the job requirements of a bear warrior.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2015, 07:53:03 pm »

You do realize that if the wolf population decreases, it will throw the whole ecosystem in that area out of whack for quite some time, right?
It isn't going to, wolves are monsters and like all monsters they grow in numbers extremely fast so the standing request on wolf pelts is to counter the fact that they are the most common monster in the entire region. Leaving them alone would cause the death of several hundred if not thousands of people when they're no longer satisfied with their current hunting grounds.
I hope that that's just the wolves in your game, and you don't mean that about RL wolves.

Can we ask the quest giver about what the herbs look like?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 07:54:50 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2015, 07:57:33 pm »

I hope that that's just the wolves in your game, and you don't mean that about RL wolves.

Can we ask the quest giver about what the herbs look like?
1) I can't tell if you're trying to make a joke here or not.
2) You don't know where the employer for the herb gathering quest is, and the chapter house will only give you information on the herb if you accept the request.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2015, 08:16:27 pm »

Let's just take the kobold quest. Wolves will likely pick up on the smell of our bear and be scared off, so it would take a lot of time to finished that quest. Let's not take the herb quest because we're a warrior - we have our pride.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2015, 10:07:41 pm »

Well, long as we take some quests and still look around to see what else the guild offers us, sounds like a plan to me.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2015, 10:18:38 pm »

+1 to accepting all quests.

Wolves would probably not be deterred by a bear, and what's this about pride? We're an adventurer, we exist off of the money we earn by collecting weird and strange things for people.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2015, 12:19:17 am »

Well how about this: We're an adventurer. We're a warrior. We're awesome. We're badass. We slay monsters and save the world and don't afraid of anything. We pick flowers.

ONE OF THESE THINGS IS NOT LIKE THE OTHERS.
ONE OF THESE THINGS JUST DOESN'T BELONG.

Seriously, killing kobolds and wolves is a lot more fun than herb-gathering.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2015, 12:36:52 am »

Its not as if we're going to be forced to play herb gathering simulator 2015, honestly. We're barely even an adventurer at this point, and having delusions and ignoring jobs is only going to hinder us. That money can be used to maintain our equipment, pay for lodging&food, or even buy consumables and equipment.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2015, 12:52:20 am »

+1 to picking flowers.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2015, 09:03:10 am »

herb gathering simulator 2015
I bet that somewhere on the internet, someone has made that.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2015, 02:40:07 pm »

Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 25, 2015, 01:19:23 pm »

adwarf, you should add this game to your sig.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6