Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Bush's Beans Mafia (Generic Mafia with moronic twist) 2/10, Currently in Signups  (Read 6577 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's been a while, B12. And in my absence I've learned very few things, but one I remembered pretty good was how to play mafia, and I figure I'm smart enough to run a game now. I've also worked on a little creative writing, and got the idea from the current-as-of-this Beginner's Mafia for a food themed game.

Spoiler: Setup (click to show/hide)

For years, Bush's Grilling Bean's recipe has been a secret closely guarded by the frantic psychopath Jay "Asmodeus" Bush, and his loyal canine servitor, Duke. For years, bush's employees have endured human rights violations the likes of which have never been seen. That ends today.

A cabal of highly trained employees have stolen the recipe right out from under the Beanmaster and hellish dog's collective nose. With the profits of the sale of the recipe, everyone involved will be able to live a life of luxury, free from the horrors of a canned bean magnate. Everyone was ready to flee the premises with the parchment containing the recipe... that is, until the security system trapped them in the bean processing lab.

Someone had to have tripped the alarm in the office. Someone has to be working for the Bean Man and his beast. And they are in this very room. You all quickly decide that the only way to find out who and retrieve the access code is to vote, one at a time, who must be dipped in Original Mesquite SauceŠ, and be forced to both suffer a horrible death, and reveal their most closely guarded secrets.

Spoiler: town roles (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: scum roles (click to show/hide)

Signups: 2/10
BlitzDungeoneer
Roo

Dead:0/10

Game Status: Pre Play

I'm not super great at this, and it's my first game I've ever ran, so feel free to give tips.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 06:27:37 pm by blackmagechill »

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
Re: Bush's Beans Mafia (Generic Mafia with moronic twist) 0/10
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 02:37:56 pm »

Hey.  Welcome back.

12 hour days/nights are a bit short: many potential players will be asleep for most (or almost all) of a phase.

Beaned is just marking, right?
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 04:42:36 pm »

Hey.  Welcome back.

12 hour days/nights are a bit short: many potential players will be asleep for most (or almost all) of a phase.
I may consider extending it, and I probably oughta add that all time calcs are done on US Central Time.

Beaned is just marking, right?
Yes.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 04:43:47 pm »

I'm vaguely interested...?
I haven't played much, mind you, so I'm not inning quite yet.
Wanna see what I may have to deal with first.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 04:57:20 pm »

I'm vaguely interested...?
I haven't played much, mind you, so I'm not inning quite yet.
Wanna see what I may have to deal with first.

As mafia goes, this is a minor step up from beginner's mafia in terms of complexity.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 04:58:48 pm »

Hm.
In, then.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile

central time? my hero.

in
Or not it's cool.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OP is up to date. I'm surprised that there's such a wait to fill a game, in years past it was a fight to get a spot in Paranormal.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile

It might be because of the 12 hour day, I suppose.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

OP is up to date. I'm surprised that there's such a wait to fill a game, in years past it was a fight to get a spot in Paranormal.
It might be because of the 12 hour day, I suppose.
There are also FAR fewer active players than there were back in those days.

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile

Less active players, 12 hour phases (this is the big one for me), a new mod, and a new setup.  Paranormal is not really a good baseline (anything Meph runs fills up very quickly, even now).
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The 12 hour phases are the main reason I'm not playing. I simply don't have time to contribute to the game that often.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile

I'm in the same boat as Darkstar, and depending on the location of those 12 hours I might not be able to play at all.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile

/out
don't think anyone is interested.
Or not it's cool.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

/out
don't think anyone is interested.
People are actually interested :P
It's just that...that 12 hour night phase. What purpose does the shortened time limit offer?

I mean it'll work out, I guess, if everyone was in the same timezone like the USA-people here.
But I'm from the Philippines.

And all the words after that 'but' can be replaced by your appropriate nation/state and timezone inferred, to emphasize the point. :P

...But seriously. What's the purpose? :o
Pages: [1] 2