Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83339 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #750 on: June 27, 2015, 12:09:12 pm »

"So you do things for him because he seems nice," Chief says, smiling to herself. "Not a bad reason. It is why I came on this mission, too. Wanted to stay away from killer mushrooms, very far away. But Steve asked nicely."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #751 on: June 27, 2015, 01:08:37 pm »

"Haha. Yep. He's a sweettalker allright." Flint joked with a small laugh before smoking some more.

"Seriously though, what does a man have to go on this day except for trusting nice people who have earned his trust, or at least giving them the benefit of the doubt? We're supposed to put our lives in the hands of others, to trust men with guns to not turn them on us. We're not a regular military unit by any standards. We are a very unconventional one, but we make it work. And how can this entire thing work without trust? If there is no trust in someone's abilities and intentions, then this entire thing collapses."

"...Unless you go down a darker path." Flint added more grimly.
"But from what I've seen, I feel we are safe from that. For now, at least."

"I mean, what do you think? You're new here, right? How does this all look with a fresh pair of eyes?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: June 27, 2015, 01:18:36 pm »

"I mean, what do you think? You're new here, right? How does this all look with a fresh pair of eyes?"

Rimma smirks under her helmet. Fresh pair of eyes.
"It looks just wonderful. These places, there are a few of them in the whole wide universe - they can easily kill you and maim you, and they do, but at once they give you an opportunity to rise so high above your previous self that you don't even care about physical pain anymore. If you survive long enough."
« Last Edit: June 27, 2015, 04:55:05 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: June 27, 2015, 04:52:13 pm »

"There is much power here. And they pay me with magical tech to not be an idiot and not die, which is a better deal than I have ever been given before. It is a good club you people have here," Chief says.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: June 27, 2015, 07:40:12 pm »

"It looks just wonderful. These places, there are a few of them in the whole wide universe - they can easily kill you and maim you, and they do, but at once they give you an opportunity to rise so high above your previous self that you don't even care about physical pain anymore. If you survive long enough."
"I'm pretty sure the robot bodies can't feel pain, from what I heard. Is that right?"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: June 28, 2015, 03:03:10 pm »

"I'm pretty sure the robot bodies can't feel pain, from what I heard. Is that right?"
Good question.
He turns to Lyra
Unless we have a few more subtly-designed robotic teammates, you're the expert here.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2015, 04:56:29 pm by AkumaKasai »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: June 28, 2015, 03:23:08 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Snapdragon
I can. most can't.
I stay sitting in the far corner of the shuttle.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: June 28, 2015, 05:07:05 pm »

I can. most can't.
I stay sitting in the far corner of the shuttle.
Ah, good to know. Though if unmodified robobodies are unable to feel pain, why have that changed? I don't see how that's anything other than a disadvantage..

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: June 28, 2015, 05:09:18 pm »

Ah, good to know. Though if unmodified robobodies are unable to feel pain, why have that changed? I don't see how that's anything other than a disadvantage..

"Do you have any idea how powerful a stimulator and motivator pain is?"
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: June 28, 2015, 05:12:03 pm »

"The standard military-grade mechanical bodies still have no pain receptors. Lyra has a custom body, I believe."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 28, 2015, 06:36:35 pm »

"The standard military-grade mechanical bodies still have no pain receptors. Lyra has a custom body, I believe."
That's custom built? My bad, I assumed that tiny mechanical cat-bodies were the norm nowadays.
"Do you have any idea how powerful a stimulator and motivator pain is?"
He speaks to Bartholew.
How're you feeling? Stimulated? Motivated?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: June 28, 2015, 08:10:43 pm »

Pain is part of life.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: June 28, 2015, 11:20:22 pm »

Pain is part of life.
Fair enough.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2015, 12:39:20 am by AkumaKasai »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: June 28, 2015, 11:21:08 pm »

That's custom built? My bad, I assumed that tiny mechanical cat-bodies were the norm nowadays.
"Honestly? If there were advantages to it, that wouldn't surprise me. The armory on the ship sells tools officially called pimp canes as standard equipment. And one of the engineers on Hephaestus keeps trying to push a Gunnerbot replacement design based on ponies through development."
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51]