Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83327 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #645 on: June 12, 2015, 11:43:12 pm »

Alright, flying alone. Battlesuits, keep an eye out for attacks.

Keep flying! Watch for attacks, alert the battlesuits / ampers and dodge as possible.

Wonder about how well secured the battlesuits are if gravity needs to be used in dodging, and how impossible it would be for a MKIII to keep up with the shuttle :P

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: June 14, 2015, 12:48:38 am »

((sorry I've been away for a while, new job is wearing me out thin.)) Assuming they didn't decapitate me and I'm still "alive" Try not to die and go with mob mentality.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 14, 2015, 02:06:49 am »

Keep on being curled up. It probably won't help, but there's nothing that much better to do.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #648 on: June 15, 2015, 04:10:09 am »

Keep scanning for enemy contacts.
If any are found, warn teammates and shoot them(edit: the enemies, not the teammates) with laser and green mode (edit: if they're a danger to us. Don't just shoot the fleshground).

If we get hit and don't die immediately, I have a few contingency plans to try that could save a few people, depending on the situation.

Edit2: Oh, how much of a thing do we need to bring back for the armoury to repair it? Could I, for example, cut off Lars' Battlesuit's arms and leave only those attached to lose some weight?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #649 on: June 15, 2015, 10:22:28 am »

Alright, flying alone. Battlesuits, keep an eye out for attacks.

Keep flying! Watch for attacks, alert the battlesuits / ampers and dodge as possible.

Wonder about how well secured the battlesuits are if gravity needs to be used in dodging, and how impossible it would be for a MKIII to keep up with the shuttle :P

Well, lets do the rolls for this shall we? With any luck this will be the end of the mission for you guys. By my calculations you've got 4 more rolls till you're at a safe distance. And Skylar has damn good Aux skill.

First roll...ok, not great but you managed to still avoid attention and keep climbing
Second, Slightly better, still climbing
Third is the same. One more
Even better! The fourth is the best roll yet.

So your shuttle has made it out of the atmosphere and is heading back towards the sword, unnoticed by the Haebi, or at least not prioritized for destruction.

So now we just have to wait on the other team and we can end these missions.

If you wouldn't mind, would someone give me a list of all our permadeads, temp deads and injured, with how they were made to be in that state?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 15, 2015, 10:27:28 am »

from the mission wiki page

Irling Ragnar Jr - Sliced in half by a Spikehead Haebi soldier. Permadead.
    Johnothen Bright - Decapitated by ninja starfish, head absorbed by Haebi groundflesh. Permadead.
    Yaroslav Vetrov - Stabbed right through the braincase by a Giant Worm claw. Permadead.
    Zoltan Solberg - Shoved his own broken arm bone through his good eye and into his brain. Permadead.
    Ulrich Leland - Bisected at waist by ninja starfish. Tempdead.
    Konrad Curtz - Right arm and leg sliced off by a Spikehead Haebi soldier. Treated.
    Bartolomew Markov - Lower body amputated by laser after being pierced by a spike containing neurotoxin; clipped in left arm by bone shrapnel. Treated.
    Billy Sing - Both arms amputated by bloody hacking after getting crushed/impaled in a bear-trap. Treated.
    Hasala Nabin - Legs possibly broken.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #651 on: June 16, 2015, 11:27:59 am »

Thank you Lenglon. Lets see

Those of you not on this list may level up like normal. Lets see about the ones that are. Obviously anyone permadead won't be leveling up at all.

Ulrich: Your Mind stat is reduced from +1 to 0 by the loss of 2 points, ie you now have 3 points in mind instead of 5 needed for the +1. (I know you technically have 0 because you got that stat as a starting one, but you get the idea)

Konrad: You lose 1 point in both Strength and Endurance, bringing them both down to 4/5.

Bart: You lose 2 points in Dex.

Billy: You lose 2 points in strength

Hasla: Nothing, negligible damage. 

As per payment, due to the hazardous nature of the mission, we'll assume a base pay of 5, and then the team leader can divide up the 20 tokens that would have gone to your dead teammates as they see fit.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 16, 2015, 12:10:18 pm »

What about rescue party, do they level up? There was that talk that those who only were in for, like, a handful turns only get the pay.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 05:18:23 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 16, 2015, 01:42:21 pm »

Right. So 2 points for Mind to get it back to +1 and 3 for Charisma. 5 for Exo. WIKI done.

Is there any way to gain points without doing missions? Not whole levels, but points?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #654 on: June 16, 2015, 08:15:56 pm »

Nik pointed out that some of the people on that list didn't actually die.

If you didn't actually temp die from your injuries, ignore what I said about stat loss.

Sorry wiki people.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 16, 2015, 10:42:21 pm »

What about rescue party, do they level up? There was that talk that those who only were in for, like, a handful turns only get the pay.
Ditto this, does that follow for the rescue team? :P

(( I'd say easiest lvl ever, but then I go look at Gyro's thread ))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: June 16, 2015, 11:39:25 pm »

((Yay to not losing stat points, also the arm and leg were not completely severed (although still buggered) just bashed up as I had a full set of half thickness milnoplate not just a chestplate, thought I should mention that for the [WIKI] people also for medical purposes later on ship.))
Level up +5 dex so that it is 0, and +5 Handiwork for more field repair skills
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #657 on: June 17, 2015, 08:53:43 am »

Ditto this, does that follow for the rescue team? :P

(( I'd say easiest lvl ever, but then I go look at Gyro's thread ))
We'll say rescue team gets 1 point to put into whatever stat or skill, and they get paid their 5 tokens too.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: June 17, 2015, 08:57:21 am »

My single point goes into Endurance then. I'm wiki-ing that.

That thing settled, our conversation brings me to my next point.

Swordsmith/Hasala, please distribute them 20 tokens, so we can wrap it up.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 09:01:32 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: June 17, 2015, 11:07:41 am »

Bonus token distribution:
Flint: 2
Hasala: 3
Konrad: 4
Bart: 2
Lyra: 3
Ulrich: 2
Billy: 1
Skylar: 3
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 51