Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83448 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #570 on: June 08, 2015, 08:48:54 pm »

"Woo-hoo partywagon awaaaaay"
drive party wagon up the rear ramp of the shuttle and wait to leave, park jeep, turn off and extinguish any fires.

"Given that the jeep and the shuttle are right next to each other, carrying the bodies takes as much time as killing half the people here and stuffing their heads in a sack would. You want to murder people, do it on your own damn time."
I'm not murdering anyone, because A: The only people I'd behead are the ones who are either already corpses, or missing half their body, and B:They'll be alive again once we reach the Sword, which might not ever happen if we take too long hauling around bodies.
"Already solving your problems so keep yer pants on and stop arguing"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: June 08, 2015, 08:49:50 pm »

justifications
Quote from: Lyra to Murderer
You try, you die
Triggered action unchanged.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: June 08, 2015, 08:56:39 pm »

justifications
You try, you die
((Look, I'm just performing a few amputations to save lives. Afterwards, the people who get amputations can get a prosthetic that works better than the original. The only difference between what I'm doing and what you already did was what was being amputated. Also, let's talk about this in the OOC thread instead, it seems more appropriate.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: June 08, 2015, 09:07:47 pm »

justifications
You try, you die
((Look, I'm just performing a few amputations to save lives. Afterwards, the people who get amputations can get a prosthetic that works better than the original. The only difference between what I'm doing and what you already did was what was being amputated.))
((You see, your argument makes sense from a game mechanics point of view, and from an out-of-character point of view. I agree that they're already maimed, and in fact a robobody is, objectively speaking, an upgrade from a normal one.

I wish you good luck convincing Lyra not to murder you if you try it though. Lyra is not going to let you turn one of the people she just went on-mission with into a mere machine simply out of your lazyness and panic'd fear. You weren't here for the mission, and coming in at the last second saying "oh yeah lets just rip their heads off and call it good" after all damage this team has suffered offends her greatly. She has *issues* with people losing their humanity involuntarilly anyway, and combined with the circumstances Lyra's reaction was upgraded from hostile opposition (getting in your face / hissing at you / restraining you) to deaththreats and outright murder. Lyra's no Jim, isn't the ER-police, but this is a special circumstance and she will stop you.

You're speaking to the wrong person here. Lenglon understands your view and mildly disagrees with it. Lyra doesn't understand your point of view and is ready to murder you in a serious sort of way for trying it.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: June 08, 2015, 09:30:41 pm »

((Shouldn't the shock implant stop her if she perma-murders a team mate, especially when they're actually being useful? It's supposed to shock you if you get in the way of the mission, and I'm pretty sure frying one of the guys on the rescue team while they're actively getting people aboard the shuttle is getting in the way. No offense intended towards you Lenglon, just saying Lyra would be screwing over her teammates, and wasting precious time))

Let's compromise: I won't touch a hair on the heads of anybody living,or anyone in the Jeep, but we don't take the bodies of any corpses not in the jeep, so we can save time that we all need. Keep in mind: this won't harm them in any way. Their body is dead already, and taking it along is just carrying a hundred pounds of unneeded meat that nobody can use.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: June 08, 2015, 09:42:23 pm »

((Shouldn't the shock implant stop her if she perma-murders a team mate, especially when they're actually being useful? It's supposed to shock you if you get in the way of the mission, and I'm pretty sure frying one of the guys on the rescue team while they're actively getting people aboard the shuttle is getting in the way. No offense intended towards you Lenglon, just saying Lyra would be screwing over her teammates, and wasting precious time))

Let's compromise: I won't touch a hair on the heads of anybody living,or anyone in the Jeep, but we don't take the bodies of any corpses not in the jeep, so we can save time that we all need. Keep in mind: this won't harm them in any way. Their body is dead already, and taking it along is just carrying a hundred pounds of unneeded meat that nobody can use.
((It has to be manually done by Steve to stop her. I don't think he will.))
No

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: June 08, 2015, 09:44:03 pm »

((The shock implant is controlled by Steve, who doesn't particularly give a damn what we do to each other. It's activated more often by request than because Steve felt the need to stop someone from doing something. The only implant likely to be activated here is your characters', due to my request.))

"In what twisted universe does killing someone not harm them? Death is death, regardless of whether it's intended to be temporary. Let me tell you something that should've been obvious: Dying doesn't feel good. It's one of the worst sensations one can experience, actually, and I have no desire to experience it again. Nor will I allow you to inflict it upon others. And I don't give a damn what you think about prosthetics and the human body, that doesn't give you license to enforce it upon others.

All of the bodies are already in the jeep."

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: June 08, 2015, 10:40:33 pm »

((OOC Comment: I'm not sure Hasala's views on death make much sense. When you're dying in the real world, your brain releases a ton of endorphins, which wash away all the pain. They also make you feel like time is passing more slowly, and give you an intense feeling of euphoria. This is what causes near death experiences. Afterwards, the brain is inactive, so you can't feel anything anymore. If he died and was revived, he should have felt the best high a human can experience, then instantly felt whatever being revived feels like, which I expect would be a sort-of mega-hangover, but I don't know, it's never happened before in human history.

I haven't read the entire Mission 14 thread, but Hasala died of a gunshot, and considering he didn't stay did, I doubt the shot or shots hit his brain, which could've somehow stopped the endorphins from being released. Assuming he bled to death, he would have felt pain at first, but it would go away quickly when the process mentioned above happened. Realistically, either ER humans evolved to lose a trait all real humans have, or Hasala was lying about what death feels like, because in the real world, once the endorphins kick in, death doesn't hurt at all.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: June 08, 2015, 10:42:28 pm »

((The shock implant is controlled by Steve, who doesn't particularly give a damn what we do to each other. It's activated more often by request than because Steve felt the need to stop someone from doing something. The only implant likely to be activated here is your characters', due to my request.))

"In what twisted universe does killing someone not harm them? Death is death, regardless of whether it's intended to be temporary. Let me tell you something that should've been obvious: Dying doesn't feel good. It's one of the worst sensations one can experience, actually, and I have no desire to experience it again. Nor will I allow you to inflict it upon others. And I don't give a damn what you think about prosthetics and the human body, that doesn't give you license to enforce it upon others.

"WHY IS EVERYONE ARGUING?! I AM DRIVING THE JEEP INTO THE SHUTTLE WITH THE PEOPLE!"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: June 08, 2015, 11:21:06 pm »

If a fight breaks out, try to yell at them to cut it out. If it looks like it's getting lethal, or if I'm too stupid to realize that Lyra's an ally and not an albino fungus monster, or if the fighting somehow threatens the team, figure out who's the bad-guy and shoot them dead.

To be clear, under no circumstances would Gus consider himself the "bad guy". He likes kittens, so he probably wouldn't shoot Lyra; that being said, he might think she's with the Haebi.

If all is fine and dandy, help the others do something productive.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: June 08, 2015, 11:33:58 pm »

((OOC Comment: I'm not sure Hasala's views on death make much sense. When you're dying in the real world, your brain releases a ton of endorphins, which wash away all the pain. They also make you feel like time is passing more slowly, and give you an intense feeling of euphoria. This is what causes near death experiences. Afterwards, the brain is inactive, so you can't feel anything anymore. If he died and was revived, he should have felt the best high a human can experience, then instantly felt whatever being revived feels like, which I expect would be a sort-of mega-hangover, but I don't know, it's never happened before in human history.

I haven't read the entire Mission 14 thread, but Hasala died of a gunshot, and considering he didn't stay did, I doubt the shot or shots hit his brain, which could've somehow stopped the endorphins from being released. Assuming he bled to death, he would have felt pain at first, but it would go away quickly when the process mentioned above happened. Realistically, either ER humans evolved to lose a trait all real humans have, or Hasala was lying about what death feels like, because in the real world, once the endorphins kick in, death doesn't hurt at all.))

((Hasala can only know what I, the player, know. I have never died.[citation needed] I've had a couple pretty unpleasant experiences, at most, and can extrapolate from that. I didn't know that bit about the brain releasing endorphins upon death, that's interesting. I doubt it would counter the memory of the pain from the fatal injury, though, or that moment when the brain actually shuts down. Especially when thinking back on the moment afterwards. Recovery in the infirmary wouldn't have been very pleasant, either. Anyway, if it bothers you, assume he's talking about the non-endorphin parts of dying.))

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: June 08, 2015, 11:35:46 pm »

In case you haven't noticed, death isn't permanent, and in this twisted universe a brief dirt-nap's a hell of a lot better than many of the alternatives. For example, the shuttle could get destroyed, and every one of us will die, and stay down, all because we decided to coddle a handful of morons who were crippled because of their own incompetence. Anyhow, I'm not enforcing that anybody gets killed, temporarily or otherwise. Anyone who feels too attached to the pathetic remains of their bodies to leave them behind can stay on the planet, or drag themselves into the shuttle, but I'm not carrying them, and if the pilot's got half a brain he should know not to wait for them, and risk the lives of everybody on this mission.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: June 08, 2015, 11:56:35 pm »

((Hasala can only know what I, the player, know. I have never died.[citation needed] I've had a couple pretty unpleasant experiences, at most, and can extrapolate from that. I didn't know that bit about the brain releasing endorphins upon death, that's interesting. I doubt it would counter the memory of the pain from the fatal injury, though, or that moment when the brain actually shuts down. Especially when thinking back on the moment afterwards. Recovery in the infirmary wouldn't have been very pleasant, either. Anyway, if it bothers you, assume he's talking about the non-endorphin parts of dying.))
((I doubt the fatal injury would truly hurt for that long. I expect Hadal would go into shock, so he wouldn't even register that he was dying. Even if he did, I expect the pain would be momentary, because of the massive amounts of pain-stopping hormones that would begin affecting him a split-second later. Also, his brain shutting down wouldn't hurt, because he'd be so high on endorphins that no amount of pain would even register. Also, it would be impossible to remember what your brain shutting down feels like, because your brain can't record anything once it's shut down. However, regrowing a body is probably excruciatingly painful. From his perspective I think it would feel like sudden agonizing pain, which would rapidly dissipate, then the most purely enjoyable feeling he had ever felt, as he felt asleep. Then he'd suddenly wake up, and feel the pain from before return tenfold. It's an interesting to think about though. Also, I'm not annoyed OOC. Elias is furious, but excluding some annoyance after I initially received death-threats, I've actually been enjoying this.))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: June 09, 2015, 01:56:11 am »

The radio crackles loudly as Skylar's voice comes on. If any of you try to kill anyone that isn't made of mushrooms, I'm leaving you all here and going to get the battlesuits.
I am here to save lives and bring operation resources back to the Sword. I didn't come down here to watch you kill each other.

Everyone get on board and help anyone who can't get on by themselves, or suffer the consequences of endangering this shuttle.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: June 09, 2015, 06:53:04 am »

((I'm late to join the discussion, but please do not behead Ulrich. I want to keep him as fleshy as possible.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 51