Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83482 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2015, 02:40:10 am »

"We need to spread out and look for nerves"
look for raised ridges in the flesh that would indicate bundles of parallel nerve fibres, if I cannot find them instead make a small incision and identify the direction any nerves run in.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2015, 03:29:53 pm »

TWO TURNS HAVE PASSED

Make sure Spungktr Sputnik* is in UV.
*Spektr-Gungnir.
Sure sure sure

- Vetrov here, Ulrich, hang in there, I'm coming to you.

Get out of drop pod, go help Ulrich out. Try to avoid things protruding towards me on my way to him.
[2]
You try to dig your fingers into the ablative armor and tear open the drop pod but despite poking tons of dents into the metal, you can't manage to get your fingers under the plate and pull it up.

Ulrich Leland. Location: Locked in pod

"My pod doesn't open! Someone get this thing open before I break it by myself!"

Don't panic! Calm down! I'll be out soon!

Don't panic! If I didn't panic, then transform Pimp Cane into bracelet on my left arm, combined with a handlebar conviently below my palm so I can grab it.
If I do panic, then jump out of pod the very moment it opens and try to calm down.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Well, no one gets you out but the good news is your pimp cane transformation goes off without a hitch.

claws retracted (and carefully kept that way so they won't cut anything), I step out of my pod and see if the world reacts to my miniscule weight. ((meaning: do I crush ground / make the red syrup show up / make the white antenna show up?))
if so:
I then hop up on top of my pod and watch for movement, wildlife, or anything at all that distinguishes one section of land from another other than elevation and our pods.
if the world does not react to me, due to my super-light weight:
I move a short distance west from the group, staying in their line of sight but spreading out from them and watch for the world's reaction to them, as well as monitoring if the world begins to notice me.
Yes, you do. You're not legolas here, you're light but not a balloon.

Your pod is shaped like a bit tapered spike with a fat center. It's hard to hop on to.

help me fix the magnetron to the front of he keep, I want to hook it up so that when you turn on the windshield wipers it turns on.

go out side after the tougher looking guys and find the jeep. Have laser rifle ready in case any baddies happen and go to affix the magnetron to the jeep.
Just duct taping microwave parts to vehicles.

You get in a jeep and wait.

"Please try not to touch the things coming out of the ground. They could be alien death penises for all we know."
"I'm betting on sensors at the very least, like someone bringing out a magnifying glass.
Ughh, anyway, I'm making a cut into the ground, see if any nerve bunches are around here."

Make a cut into the ground and make sure that I don't touch the white feathers that will sprout around there, then check if any nerves are present.
You cut into the ground and peel the cut open. There are what look like thin white threads running through the flesh, sort of like fragile plant roots. It's hard to tell their precise direction, but you think they're heading South East.  The edges of the cut are starting to change as you look into the hole; they're gathering into nubs that appear to be sharpening into something like large thorns.

claws retracted (and carefully kept that way so they won't cut anything), I step out of my pod and see if the world reacts to my miniscule weight. ((meaning: do I crush ground / make the red syrup show up / make the white antenna show up?))
if so:
I then hop up on top of my pod and watch for movement, wildlife, or anything at all that distinguishes one section of land from another other than elevation and our pods.
if the world does not react to me, due to my super-light weight:
I move a short distance west from the group, staying in their line of sight but spreading out from them and watch for the world's reaction to them, as well as monitoring if the world begins to notice me.
Watch cat girl walk off if she suddenly disappears tell the group if not and she returns safely ask her if she's cool being in the buddy system with me.(TOTALLY NOT CREEPY)
Really all you get to watch her do is try to climb up a slippery metal spike and then fall down. 
hey i like roasted mushrooms, though this might dry them out and boil them alive from the inside so think burnt boiled mushrooms
"Sure. I just don't expect a microwave oven connected to a lightbulb socket to do anything more than mildly inconvenience them, anger them and perhaps blow a fuse. Then again, it's very possible the rec room microwave oven or those jeeps run on space magic or that the light sockets were originally designed to power lasers or something. I wouldn't put it past them."

Don't move the battlesuit. Just stand still and have a look around with the battlesuit's CamEyes for anything important looking. Can I see any spots where there is more heat? Anything that would hint at what the right direction is? Can I see anything forming further away with zoom mode?

If nobody frees Lars(Toaster): Tell people to stand clear. If they do, slowly and carefully use my Mining Laser with CamEye zoom enabled to cut his battlesuit's cage and free him. (+4 Master Conventional)
Else, if nobody frees Ulrich(Aoshima): Look at what the problem is. Could I solve it by simply positioning the pod upright? If yes, then walk there and do so.
Else, if nobody needs freeing or I can't free anybody: How are the 3 gunnerbots we have operated? Voice or programming? Are they remote controlled or do I need to go to them?
If they are remote controlled, then try to program them to regard me, teammates and other bots and equipment as friendly (if they don't do so already) and have them follow the team. If it looks like I've programmed them correctly, then activate them (+2 Professional Aux).

Nope, Nope, and nope, at least so far. Cam eyes aren't very useful.

You cut toaster free from his cage.

Irling leans out the pod door, prodding the ground with his combat knife. If the fungus reacts, continue to cower in the safe confines of the landing pod. Otherwise, cautiously venture outside, taking care to tread lightly on the fungal surface.
You jab the ground a few times. The fungus reacts by starting to grow short but thick tendrils.
Take my gear. Unload the Goop canister from the chemthrower, load one of my namite canisters. Safety on. Weapon of choice for the moment is the laser rifle.

Let the people with Aux and better Con work on freeing Ulrich and Lars; fill an artifact container with some of the syrup-like liquid. Stand away from any of the currently-growing white tendrils.

"Those tendrils are probably the first Haebi soldiers growing. Let's finish up here quickly and move out."
You gear up and grab a specimen.

"O Gods, may you guide us on our path!"

Look around, then pray to Cog-azaon for knowledge of the Haebi.
You feel a sharp pain in your head, that radiates out and fades away.

You have the distinct, nigh undeniable feeling that the team should hurry the fuck up. The Mushroom men might not be coming, but this place is already not happy with you being there.

"We need to spread out and look for nerves"
look for raised ridges in the flesh that would indicate bundles of parallel nerve fibres, if I cannot find them instead make a small incision and identify the direction any nerves run in.
You do the same as the other guy, and the same things happen to you. Although you seem to think that the tendrils are running more south then south East.

Tendrils, only a few inches long but thick as your thumb, are starting to sprout from the areas of damaged skin.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2015, 03:47:35 pm »

"Ha! Reminds me of that scene I did in 'The Good, the Bad and the Altered'. I still got it!" Flint exclaimed as he inspected his work. It wasn't exactly shooting the rope, but it was close enough.

"Ready to move out team? The ground here is getting a bit too 'friendly' for my tastes. Hasn't even bought me a drink yet and already it's making improper advances. Very ungentlemanly, don't you think?"
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:10:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2015, 03:54:47 pm »

- Vetrov reporting from Ulrichs' drop pod. I could use some assistance in getting him. I'm open to advices here.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:01:24 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2015, 04:00:23 pm »

- Vetrov reporting from Ulrichs' drop pod. I could use some assistance in getting him. I'm open to advices here.
"I hear ya. If you can't get it open, just let me know and get going. I'll free him and catch up to you."

"Hey, priest! Barman! You speak computer, right? Can you wake up the dogs and get them ready to go for a walk with us?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:08:56 pm by Parisbre56 »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2015, 04:06:46 pm »

- Understood. Moving out. Anyone got any idea on directions of search?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 04:43:16 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2015, 04:30:09 pm »

(((So we have a jeep that has a microwave hooked up to the front of it as a wide I acurate annoying intense pain weapon. Woo hoo!)))
guys get ready for some fun I'll turn on the mcpicrowave if we keep it on a spot for long enough it should cause some damage allowing us to better cut through it
wait for response, if to,d by leader I can turn it on then do so, hold laser rifle out ready to kill any buggers hat come to close
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2015, 04:38:13 pm »

((South is 90 degrees for referece))
"The tendrils head south and slightly east I recommend a search from south to 65 degrees SE, Also to the person with the microwave the use of such a thing is uncessecary as we can already cut the surface and may hinder our efforts with thermal weapons and lasers later as they may develop hides that protect from electromagnetic radiation, so please save it for the warriors when we are in the laser phase."
Get into team A jeep and drive in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every tile paces and recheck direction. Be on the lookout for any places where there may be brain caverns
« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 01:55:54 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »

((South is 90 degrees for referece))
"The tendrils head south and slightly east I recommend a search from south to 65 degrees SE, Also to the person with the microwave the use of such a thing is uncessecary as we can already cut the surface and may hinder our efforts with thermal weapons and lasers later as they may develop hides that protect from electromagnetic radiation, so please save it for the warriors when we are in the laser phase."
move in the direction 72.5 degrees SE make a cut every 500 paces and recheck direction

New plan: move along with this guy.
Sigs

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2015, 04:52:05 pm »

"Well done. Good info. And I agree. Split up in teams and search in that direction sounds like a good plan to me, at least for right now. We can regroup once we've confirmed the general direction or when the planet starts getting more angry."
"I suggest at least some of you take the jeeps. Just try not to stab the ground too much or... crash, I guess. The ground doesn't look solid enough to drive comfortably. More like mud."

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2015, 05:11:16 pm »

"No microwaves yet. We don't want it adapting before we even enter combat. We're not here to fight it, we're here to snatch one of its brains and run.

Since we have nerves running both south and southeast, we'll split into two teams; Team A is me, Johnothen, Yaroslav, Flint, Irling, and Konrad. Lars, Han, Bartolomew, Ulrich, Billy, Lyra, and Zoltan are Team B. You'll follow the nerves southeast when you've got Ulrich out. Team A is following them south. We'll rejoin when one team finds the nerve cluster or the Haebi response starts to become overpowering for the subteams.

Team A, into the jeep, let's go. Let's not stand around too long. Konrad, you can drive one of these, right?"

No magnetron yet.
Split into two teams, as above. Get into one of the jeeps (the one without the magnetron attached). Have driver head south a little ((one tile)).

Action snipped, quoted in later post.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 12:18:14 am by swordsmith04 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2015, 05:23:01 pm »

"Yes sir, dammit, it won't be too long before this planet is gonna start making stingers for us."
Get into the jeep and check the outside for any sign of the haebi trying to cover it up or something.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

heroguy111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2015, 05:33:19 pm »

"who's gonna drive?" hop into a jeep

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2015, 05:51:41 pm »

"Is anyone going to get that guy out of his pod?"

Get into the Team B jeep, standby to go.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2015, 07:19:49 pm »

"No microwaves yet. We don't want it adapting before we even enter combat. We're not here to fight it, we're here to snatch one of its brains and run.

Since we have nerves running both south and southeast, we'll split into two teams; Team A is me, Johnothen, Yaroslav, Flint, Irling, and Konrad. Lars, Han, Bartolomew, Ulrich, Billy, Lyra, and Zoltan are Team B. You'll follow the nerves southeast when you've got Ulrich out. Team A is following them south. We'll rejoin when one team finds the nerve cluster or the Haebi response starts to become overpowering for the subteams.

Team A, into the jeep, let's go. Let's not stand around too long. Konrad, you can drive one of these, right?"

No magnetron yet.
Split into two teams, as above. Get into one of the jeeps (the one without the magnetron attached). Have driver head south a little ((one tile)).
sir yes sir. maybe we could use it on thick nerve cable s or something. melt our way through
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 51