Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81346 times)

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #615 on: June 30, 2015, 12:29:34 am »

As a medic, I vote to go get Xan.

E: CASUALTY LIST WOO

• Morul - leg and waist muscles melted off, ribcage exposed; temp fix by Ryan
  • Miyamoto - Leg armor destroyed.
  • Iveso - lost exoskeleton... skin. Cosmetic damage, mostly.
  • Kedly - Lost lower half of body.
  • Ryan - Knocked out briefly by teammate.
  • Zayne - shot through the chest. Temp dead.
  • Eddie - Lost arm due to sniper shot. Neck broken? Temp dead?
  • Vincent - "universe's punching bag", intenstines torn out by sniper shot. temp dead.
  • Kyle - pierced lung by sniper shot. fleshknitter knot in lungs. Actually lived. Named it Pete.
  • Duncan - shot through arm. Arm should still be viable.

Dorisdwarf's character was inured too, but I couldn't find a name to attach to it here and I'm too lazy now to look at the wiki :P

EE: All confirmed temp dead are to be considered heads, seeing as I removed them in the trench. Just need confirmation on Eddie's neck being broken or not.

...All in all, it was a very successful mission on our half. No one here died forever!

I'm Eddie, and I'd probably be tempdead if not for the fleshknitter tanks in my suit cementing my spine back together (presumably at some amusing angle)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #616 on: June 30, 2015, 12:41:13 am »

"He demands it?"
"17.3 degrees to your left there is a man, same as you, floating dead around this living planet. Yet he is special, for he has plans for him. He saw him for his eye sees beyond sight. And so he gave me this message and tasked me with this task, to guide one of the lost to become one of the best.
Retrieve him and he shall fulfill his purpose and redeem himself, as the master of flesh and tools has decreed. He will become his instrument and carry out the master's will, he shall become the embodiment of the art for he has the potential to be the most capable, the most helpful.
Through him your pain and suffering will be soothed and resolved, the wounds that burden your life shall be mended. The incompetence of the past and the misuse of his tools will be forgiven and forgotten. A new golden age shall begin for the art. That shall be the master's reward to all of you. For he is the one that opposes the Lady.
If the master's generous reward is not enough and only greed guides your heart, then I shall offer further reward to you. What we shall gain when it is done will be far greater. So anything I pay and any sacrifice I make for our common benefit will be worth it."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: June 30, 2015, 12:43:49 am »

Scratch that, Kyle shoots the speaker.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: June 30, 2015, 12:46:09 am »

((ehehehehehhhahahahahhaahahahahhaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAAAA))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: June 30, 2015, 12:48:00 am »

"He demands it?"
"17.3 degrees to your left there is a man, same as you, floating dead around this living planet. Yet he is special, for he has plans for him. He saw him for his eye sees beyond sight. And so he gave me this message and tasked me with this task, to guide one of the lost to become one of the best.
Retrieve him and he shall fulfill his purpose and redeem himself, as the master of flesh and tools has decreed. He will become his instrument and carry out the master's will, he shall become the embodiment of the art for he has the potential to be the most capable, the most helpful.
Through him your pain and suffering will be soothed and resolved, the wounds that burden your life shall be mended. The incompetence of the past and the misuse of his tools will be forgiven and forgotten. A new golden age shall begin for the art. That shall be the master's reward to all of you. For he is the one that opposes the Lady.
If the master's generous reward is not enough and only greed guides your heart, then I shall offer further reward to you. What we shall gain when it is done will be far greater. So anything I pay and any sacrifice I make for our common benefit will be worth it."

Taddok tilts his head to the side while listening, with a confused look on his face

You're off your rocker, speaker guy.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Nunzillor

« Reply #620 on: June 30, 2015, 12:51:38 am »

Well this is... interesting.  Probably not in a good way, though.

Hesitantly, Tek addressed the strange voice.  "Who are you?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: June 30, 2015, 12:52:52 am »

Xael blows out another cloud of smoke. the smoke is blue.
"Sweet, I needed a new 'Higher Power'."
She mimes giving a toast.
"To our health!"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: June 30, 2015, 12:55:55 am »

Jobasio looks less than impressed by the ravings from the speaker, as well as the rescue idea itself.
"Pfft. If the rest of you wish to go risking your lives to save that lunatic- who has very nearly caused my gruesome death on at least one and more likely two occasions- you can drop me off at the Sword on the way, thank you very much. If we even make it to the Sword at the rate we're going. The only 'rescue' he deserves is a high-velocity gauss round administered to the cranium."

He gives the bright blue rifle resting across his lap a pat for emphasis, looking sternly at those who suggested the rescue, and at the nearest speaker.
"It also seems that Steve's antivirus might be out of date. Either that or he's becoming rather lax in dishing out the volts to troublemakers."

No fucking way am I having any part in this rescue mission. If the voice continues rambling on over the comms, mute them.
Also continue keeping a cam-eye open for projectiles about to hit the shuttle, as always.

Edit: Whilst I have perfect faith in my teammates being wise enough not to start shooting at one another in an enclosed space, ensure that I am safely out of the line of fire should any such foolishness occur. Keep my seatbelt off and be ready to hit the deck, basically.
May Chal-thul keep my fleshy mortal cheese attached firmly to my crust.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 03:40:35 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: June 30, 2015, 12:59:52 am »

((Ooh, ooh, does everyone in the shuttle even know IC know Xan is? This is a perfect opportunity to have my ego stroked-
I mean educate people on important facets of ARM history.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: June 30, 2015, 01:00:33 am »

"Oh, comeon Jobbie. Think of the possibilities."
"A guy like that, with the blessing of a god..."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: June 30, 2015, 01:09:06 am »

"I say we plow the fuck into him en route, and if there's anything left on the prow when we get back to the Sword, it's welcome to ascend or whatever."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #626 on: June 30, 2015, 01:15:34 am »

You're off your rocker, speaker guy.
"Oh, ye of little faith! Hast thou not known of the proverb that speaks about the treatment of prophets? I am not crazy! I had a revelation! I am enlightened! Worry not though, for the master is forgiving, and even if you denyest him, he shall not deny your requests for his assistance, should you ask him for it."

Well this is... interesting.  Probably not in a good way, though.

Hesitantly, Tek addressed the strange voice.  "Who are you?"
"I am the one that speaks for the master, the one he had chosen to carry out his will and complete this task. For the great dream I shared with him, my desire to help all people, my handsome body and my sexy voice. And my prior work experience, I might add. All the directors I've worked with can give me perfect recommendations!... assuming any of them are still alive after all those years. But fear not, for watching but one of my movies will convince you that Flint Westwood is the best! You hear that? Not that damn pompous prick Cloon Gorgey!"

Xael blows out another cloud of smoke. the smoke is blue.
"Sweet, I needed a new 'Higher Power'."
She mimes giving a toast.
"To our health!"
"To our health indeed faithful disciple, as the master desires, for what greater gift is there? And yours shall that gift be. Tell me, do you desire any reward for your assistance?"

"I say we plow the fuck into him en route, and if there's anything left on the prow when we get back to the Sword, it's welcome to ascend or whatever."
"Indeed, you are right, friend. Only his mind is required by the master. The rest of his body is expendable, for his weak and useless flesh small be replaced! We only have to ensure his mind reaches the miracle workers of the infirmary for it to fulfill its destiny."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 01:17:45 am by Parisbre56 »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: June 30, 2015, 01:20:48 am »

"Oh, comeon Jobbie. Think of the possibilities."
"A guy like that, with the blessing of a god..."
Jobasio smirks at that.
"The only god I need is Chal-thul the Pizza Demon."
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: June 30, 2015, 01:22:54 am »

"God doesn't exist. If one of them did then why the fuck would we be here?"

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: June 30, 2015, 01:23:12 am »

Eddie edges a little further away from Jobasio along the bench seat.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 45