Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat X - New characters + expanded gameplay  (Read 1455 times)

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Mortal Kombat X - New characters + expanded gameplay
« on: April 14, 2015, 03:34:27 am »

Experience the Next Generation of the #1 Fighting Franchise. Mortal Kombat X combines unparalleled, cinematic presentation with all new gameplay.

Steam page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/307780/

So I'm sure you've all heard of the new fighting styles they added, well.. More like modes, each character gets to choose from three different modes before a fight.. Each one has it's own special specific moves, but they retain their basic moveset. So it's pretty cool. All in all it looks like they expanded the universe and added a lot to it.. I just have one pet peeve, and a question..

Is it just me or does it seem like the new fatalities are trying WAAAY too hard? I mean, there's over the top and then there's... This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqgcxtMGKI

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mortal Kombat X - New characters + expanded gameplay
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2015, 03:37:36 am »

I've almost NEVER been able to pull of Fatalities in Mortal Kombat anyway.

Also MANY is it weird to see the female models after Mortal Kombat 9.

I mean... they don't even look similar.

Then again Mortal Kombat 9 had horrible female models.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2015, 06:20:10 am »

Is it just me or does it seem like the new fatalities are trying WAAAY too hard? I mean, there's over the top and then there's... This

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUqgcxtMGKI

That's hilarious, I may just get this game after all, even if I haven't played Mortal Kombat since a million years ago, on arcade machines.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2015, 08:20:01 am »

Soo.. I just read that they toned down the damage model in the new game because they thought the "Shark bites" damage from MK9 was a bit silly and unrealistic.. But they have x-ray moves that break bones and snap spines.. Not to mention the over the top fatalities.

Seriously, I am getting mixed signals here.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 11:41:50 am »

Basically the X-ray moves appear in the Punch Dimension.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2015, 08:04:24 am »

I got to play this the other day. Super fun! I like the addition of being able to choose between a couple of different special-move sets for characters.

Also the x-rays and fatalities have gotten even more brutal.

In all, exactly what I was looking for.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2015, 02:10:53 pm »

The Weirdest Xray move by far is Ermak's

If ONLY because he completely shatters your skull twice... as in it repairs itself between attacks.

I am kind of sad that Reptile is still a loser... but we will have another game after this one. So he might still redeem himself as one of my few favorite characters in this series.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:20:33 pm by Neonivek »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2015, 02:25:49 pm »

my favorites are any of kenshi's and cassie's selfie.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2015, 06:02:32 pm »

I am kind of sad that Reptile is still a loser... but we will have another game after this one. So he might still redeem himself as one of my few favorite characters in this series.

I'm curious, which games did you feel he wasn't a loser in? I've always liked Reptile personally and I feel like he's pretty bad ass in Mortal Kombat Komplete.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2015, 06:05:35 pm »

I'm curious, which games did you feel he wasn't a loser in? I've always liked Reptile personally and I feel like he's pretty bad ass in Mortal Kombat Komplete.

Ohh I meant storywise.

His character was kind of starting to come into his own in Mortal Kombat 4 (mind you that was when he first became a loser)... and after that he basically was eternally sidelined. Until 9 where he basically had his butt kicked pretty much every time... and I hear in 10 he is a lot more badass but he still loses a lot.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 06:07:46 pm by Neonivek »

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2015, 09:21:09 am »

Reptile's fatalities seemed lazy to me, he always talks about eating people.. Why doesn't he get to do that?

In fact, a lot of the fatalities seem lazy to me at times, or that they are trying too hard. Maybe it's just me but I think a lot of the older ones are superior.