Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Huge, HUGE problem  (Read 2235 times)

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Huge, HUGE problem
« on: April 13, 2015, 05:50:27 pm »

One of my dwarves has claimed a Clothier's Shop, and wants YARN cloth. I DON'T HAVE ANY.

I need to find some way, through modding or DFhack, to rescue her.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"
Brother: "SOFT HANDS!"

Evrett33

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Huge, HUGE problem
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 06:01:03 pm »

sheer an animal in the farmers workshop. then spin thread.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 06:04:21 pm »

sheer an animal in the farmers workshop. then spin thread.
Sorry, forgot to mention - no animals.
Me: "Just imagine a load of dwarves sitting round a table, and one of them says, 'I like stranglers for... for their... their...'"

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 06:07:44 pm »

Possible methods if you don't have a wool-bearing animal:

* createitem CLOTH ALPACA:WOOL I think is the right format, not totally sure since you can also use
* gui/hack-wish cloth > pick an animal like alpaca/goat/sheep/etc > wool

Another option which I usually use since I've got some mods that make hack-wish not want to spit out the right material for certain things is to type showmood to see what skill/type they had, then pull up gui/gm-editor with the dorf selected and near the bottom should be uh, mood or current_mood and it will say something like (0)Fey or whatnot, change that to (-1)None and under flags1 or flags2 set has mood and had mood to false, then do strangemood -type (whichever they had before) -unit -skill (whichever skill they had before) -force (though you might not need to force since it was a normal mood) and it should scramble the items they request.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 06:39:05 pm »

How do I open hack-wish from the gui?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 06:50:40 pm »

In the terminal typing gui/hack-wish with a unit selected should do it. You could add a hot-key if you wanted, not sure if there is one by default or not. I put gm-editor to shift-d since I've been using it a lot while figuring stuff out and checking things I've modded (had to make depot alt+shift+d but hey) but they're pretty easy to add as well just checking the syntax in your dfhack.init will let you see the general format.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:53:15 pm by Max™ »

sirvente

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 09:58:18 pm »

Wall her in, the isolation will lead her to realize she doesn't really need that yarn and can make do with plant fiber.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 10:41:53 pm »

You could also just buy yarn from any caravan. Caravans always carry all forms of cloth in abundance.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 10:52:24 pm »

I'm always short of yarn cloth. Should learn how to shear I suppose.
Wall her in, wait for the caravan to save her life. Make sure you have a free coffin just in case.

SimRobert2001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 11:05:05 pm »

Wall her in, wait for the caravan to save her life. Make sure you have a free coffin just in case.
you dont even have to do that. A locked door will also stop her.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 03:08:13 am by SimRobert2001 »

utunnels

• Bay Watcher
  • Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2015, 12:28:52 am »

If you have dfhack you can ignore the yarn.
The full-heal command should keep the dorf alive.
The troglodyte head shakes The Troglodyte around by the head, tearing apart the head's muscle!

Risen Asteshdakas, Ghostly Recruit has risen and is haunting the fortress!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 07:32:23 am »

you dont even have to do that. A locked door will also stop her.
With recent changes, building a wall is quite a bit faster than building a door and hauling it to the workshop though.
And even then you'll probably need a wall anyway depending on your workshop design.

Illogical_Blox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 11:43:22 am »

Well, my workshops are all in one huge area and the dwarven caravan has JUST left... so that wouldn't work.

Thankfully, Max's advice has given her the cloth she needs. Hopefully, the artifact-related crashes I keep getting wouldn't stop her.

EDIT: Hell, problems. Every time, just a minute after she begins, the game crashes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2015, 11:53:59 am by Illogical_Blox »