Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Human only - removing other civilizations and such  (Read 1646 times)

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Human only - removing other civilizations and such
« on: April 03, 2015, 06:17:14 pm »

Been playing the crap out of Adventure Mode lately, namely the Dark Ages: Mythos of Rammok mod. I made an attempt at this already, but I'm not sure how well it worked (I removed some of the creature_x and entity_x files from the RAWs folder). Is there an easy way to cherry pick monsters and races to exclude? I'd like to get rid of all the magical crap (deities, shadow people) and remove all the civilizations that aren't human. Is there an easy way to do this?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Human only - removing other civilizations and such
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 08:24:59 pm »

Not really sure how, if it's even possible to do so, you would go about removin things like deities, but civilizations and creatures in general should be fairly trivial to remove, though I'm not sure, since I haven't done any modding for this version.
For removing Civilizations, just open the entity_default file and remove all the entities other than ENTITY:PLAIN.

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 08:27:24 pm »

I'm going to give that a try right now.

And the deities I was talking about aren't the gods and stuff in the game, but a creature called a deity (it might only be in the Mythos of Rammok mod?). I've had two separate occasions where a Deity is in my starting area and just starts blasting everyone with flames.

UPDATE
So here's what I've noticed: worldgen is having a hell of a time creating a world because it can't place enough civilizations. This is a Small Region though. I'm going to try it with a Medium size one and see if that helps.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:50:01 pm by Axebeard »

Urist McVoyager

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 09:41:04 pm »

Instead of just cutting out all the other entities, why don't you try replacing the CREATURE: tag's argument with HUMAN? Then you'll still have just as many types of countries, you'll just wind up with humans in all of them.

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 10:15:43 pm »

That's actually what I had to do. I cut out the FOREST tag because I hate those tree houses, but I replaced the rest with HUMAN and it seems to be working so far.

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 10:20:45 pm »

So has anyone else encountered a monster called a Deity? Are they in vanilla DF? How can I get rid of them?

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 11:55:52 pm »

Demons occasionally masquerade as deities, but I've never encountered one just hanging around in either game mode.

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2015, 12:07:40 am »

I stepped one foot into a mead hall, and was instantly vaporized by a deity. This seems to be a recurring theme here. I'm assuming it's the Mythos of Rammok mod, because I've seen a ton of these things in a ton of different worlds.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 06:21:27 am »

No, deities are unique demons in disguise. They're vanilla.

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 11:15:11 am »

Oh ok, so how can I keep them from appearing ever?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 11:26:53 am »

I stepped one foot into a mead hall, and was instantly vaporized by a deity. This seems to be a recurring theme here. I'm assuming it's the Mythos of Rammok mod, because I've seen a ton of these things in a ton of different worlds.
What do you mean by instantly vaporized? Because the vanilla deities are really strong, but they're not aggressive, their names show up as the name of the deity not just deity, and also they don't vaporize anything they just punch really hard and have clothing so thick that pikes can't even pierce them.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Axebeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 03:14:10 pm »

This is something else entirely then. They show up as Deity. They cast a firestorm like attack that leaves such pleasing messages as "You are melting!". They attack as soon as they see me. EVERY TIME. I'll try and get a screenshot if I happen to see one again.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 04:22:08 pm »

What do you mean by instantly vaporized? Because the vanilla deities are really strong, but they're not aggressive, their names show up as the name of the deity not just deity, and also they don't vaporize anything they just punch really hard and have clothing so thick that pikes can't even pierce them.

Unique demons most certainly can have fire attacks.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 04:32:43 pm »

You set the number of demon types to zero in advanced world generation. Same goes for a number of other things from megabeasts to evil rain types. Just hit 'e' on the advanced word generation screen and scroll down until you see a load of "Number of x types". "Max Megabeast Caves" controls the number of megabeasts generated at the start of the world and some of the others don't follow the "Number of x types" pattern, but they are all together.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands