Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Russian scientists have discovered an eerie cavern.  (Read 4370 times)

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Russian scientists have discovered an eerie cavern.
« on: April 01, 2015, 01:15:23 pm »

https://twitter.com/UberFacts/status/583324744998621184

This would be very fun indeed. Let's hope the clowns stay in Russia and kill only homophobes.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
  • Crundles + Kobolds = AWESOME!!
    • View Profile
Re: Russian scientists have discovered an eerie cavern.
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2015, 02:42:10 pm »

Hahahaha, great find! Oh no! Not the poison crab moths that's spit webs, noooooo!
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:36 pm »

Don't worry, the clowns won't leave survivors so there will be no one left to mourn our deaths and despair

Magnumcannon

• Bay Watcher
  • Deep waters don't run still
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 05:04:44 pm »

Spoiler: Overused meme (click to show/hide)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 05:13:00 pm »

Kola reached something like 12 km back in 89... that's over 7 miles... pretty lame not even doing enough research to have the joke include something like "after drilling two miles deeper than Kola" or something... though Kola only went a third of the way through the crust.

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2015, 05:31:27 pm »

Oh wow, bringing the science! Good info. Dang, they are far above the magma layer, the clowns are mining! Just wait until the core in journey to the center of the earth is discovered just below hell!  :P
By the by, if your wondering why I use so many smiley faces, its because I smile a lot when I talk. So I use them here so I don't come off the wrong way.

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2015, 06:37:27 pm »

That they've reported anything at all is proof enough that the clown cat didn't kill them, but how long can they keep up the war of attrition against the endless horde of demons? I guess they could floor it over but the FPS in Russia is pretty low, even way out in Siberia it hangs out around 30, 40 tops.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

AceSV

• Bay Watcher
  • [SUPER_VILLAIN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2015, 08:26:28 pm »

Everyone knows that if hell is real, it's in New Jersey. 
could God in fact send a kea to steal Excalibur and thereby usurp the throne of the Britons? 
Furry Fortress 3 The third saga unfurls.  Now with Ninja Frogs and Dogfish Pirates.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:48 pm »

+1
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TechnoXan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2015, 09:07:20 pm »

Hahaha!!  :P can I sig that? I have no actual quarrels but that is just too good!

And so it begins...
OPEN THE GATES!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2015, 12:43:43 am »

Friend of mine is from New Jersey, later we found out he is Puerto Rican, I said "wow, that's like a double whammy huh?" to which he responded with a perfect deadpan: "how very inappropriate, thank you"... later he moved to Seattle, and I got him to play some DF.

Now we joke about him going to hell, i.e. Jersey, or some place worse, i.e. Snooki.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2015, 12:57:44 am »

Sounds like a summary of a creepypasta. Russian drill digs deep and digs up hell.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2015, 01:07:39 am »

Worth noting that Kola stopped because the temperatures got up over 180 F and they estimated that at the 44k feet they were hoping to reach it would have been higher than 300 F at which point the drill bit would no longer function.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2015, 01:12:10 am »

Horrifying screams come from the darkness below!

Really though, this sounds like a tweet based on the Well to Hell hoax.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Insert_Gnome_Here

• Bay Watcher
  • Dosen't really care about anything anymore.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2015, 04:25:15 am »

Worth noting that Kola stopped because the temperatures got up over 180 F and they estimated that at the 44k feet they were hoping to reach it would have been higher than 300 F at which point the drill bit would no longer function.

Use tungsten bits etc. then build magma forges.
Quote from: Max™ on December 06, 2015, 04:09:21 am
Also, if you ever figure out why poets/bards/dancers just randomly start butchering people/getting butchered, please don't fix it, I love never knowing when a dance party will turn into a slaughter.
Pages: [1] 2