Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Tree Appreciation Thread  (Read 27097 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Tree Appreciation Thread
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2015, 09:31:01 pm »

The skies are so beautiful, they have sun in them

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2015, 02:07:04 am »

Oh yeah, forgot to lob in a Southern California into the mix. It's the only 3 places that I know that have those particular ceramic tile roofs.
I think it's a Mediterranean style. *Bumber contemplates roof thread*
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2015, 10:21:25 am »

I've seen those types of roof tilings in tropics, might just be a practical thing

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #108 on: December 07, 2015, 08:26:39 pm »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2016, 10:38:57 pm »

It's a purr-napple!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
  • Now versio- I mean, age 18. Honestly not an AI.
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2016, 10:46:17 pm »

Its a neko necro
Power/metagaming RL since Birth/Born to do it.
Quote from: Second Amendment
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2016, 11:43:25 pm »

Its a neko necro
Tree thread rises from its eternal stumper!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:45:15 pm by Bumber »

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2016, 11:44:32 pm »

The leaves shudder and begin to move!
A militia cannot function properly without arms, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without tanks and warplanes, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear tanks and warplanes, shall not be infringed.
The military cannot function without ICBMs, therefore the right of the people to keep and bear ICBMs, shall not be infringed.

Dozebôm Lolumzalěs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #114 on: November 03, 2016, 05:09:12 am »

Tre-ent zombies!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 03, 2016, 03:31:48 pm »

Uh-huh.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Insanegame27

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #116 on: November 08, 2016, 07:02:47 pm »

Tree's dead, Jim.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2016, 08:45:40 am »

Hello fellow tree lovers, today I would like to share a sad story of careless vandalism committed against trees on my property.

I was out cleaning up leaves, mostly around the old the old apple trees on the property. Now these aren't spry young sprouts, these venerable trees have been around for a long time, I wouldn't be surprised if some of them are over a hundred years old. The property used to have an orchard on it but that orchard has long since returned to nature, the apple trees are now covered in variety of lichens and have increasingly been crowded out by birch and pine trees.

While their wilder comrades have been untended for many decades the apple trees by the home on the property have been lovingly looked after for many many years. They have survived windstorms, ice storms and lightning strikes. They are hardy old things that have many scars to mark the passage of time. But today I found one of them missing one of its largest fruit bearing branches.

The only tree climbing critter around here that is large enough to break off a branch that big would be a black bear. So I assume that some time in the night a bear tried climbing the tree to get what was left of this years fruit. The greedy gourmand overextended itself, breaking off a fairly large branch and a bunch of smaller ones on the way down.

It would be bad enough if it were just the apple tree but I soon discovered that bears were the least of the trees problems. While out inspecting the property I also noticed that there were signs of a vicious beaver incursion. I had seen the portly rodent sunning himself along the river's edge earlier in the year. I have not seen his home or any felled trees nearby before so I thought he was just passing through.

Turns out he was more than just a visitor, he is also a voracious little vandal. I would not begrudge a beaver his building materials if that's what he was after. But the irksome creature decided to fell three trees and just leave them there. Two of them were just small, hardly any thicker than my forearm but the third was a nice ash tree. Which is unfortunate because there aren't many ash trees on the property. Though perhaps it was a mercy, the emerald ash borer continues its tireless conquest of the continent and the tree probably would have succumbed to infestation when the beetle finally reaches this part of the country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2016, 09:09:07 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2016, 08:21:51 pm »

Spoiler: Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż (click to show/hide)
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10