Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Help me get better at DMing: is this game way, way too wordy?

Holy shit yes
- 0 (0%)
Slightly less long-winded would be better.
- 0 (0%)
No, it's fine as it is.
- 6 (60%)
I am dangerously insane and demand an excess of words. Double the length of each update.
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: [ISG] Teovanth  (Read 22625 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Teovanth
« Reply #105 on: April 17, 2015, 09:49:09 am »

I think going North through the deer trail is our best bet, at this point. If there's a road, it's probably one of the safer places in the forest. The deer trail itself is risky, though...
Unfortunately, I do agree with this. It may be best to stick with the threats we (sort of...) know rather than potentially kicking a beehive of hostile creatures and this crazy dude guy chasing(?) us. If we can get past him, we'll make it to the road and, if we're lucking, find a good-guy patrol or hunters or something.

+1
-1. Not because of your reasoning - which I agree with - but rather because you're forgetting one crucial detail: we're a ★WIZARD★!!!

Draw a runic circle on the ground and one on the map. Stand inside the ground circle, activate it, and stay on it as it flies to the point on the map (having incorporated its flight instructions into the design). Flying rock platform ho!

EDIT: We're unlikely to fall off anyways because everyone knows elves are super agile.

EDIT2: Action description length cut down for simplicity and ease of reading.
If we can do this....

Yus.
+1
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 18, 2015, 04:06:35 pm »

I think going North through the deer trail is our best bet, at this point. If there's a road, it's probably one of the safer places in the forest. The deer trail itself is risky, though...
Unfortunately, I do agree with this. It may be best to stick with the threats we (sort of...) know rather than potentially kicking a beehive of hostile creatures and this crazy dude guy chasing(?) us. If we can get past him, we'll make it to the road and, if we're lucking, find a good-guy patrol or hunters or something.

+1
+1

.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 23, 2015, 12:46:14 pm »

+1
+1

It looks like your best bet is to head back to the road. It'd be a lot safer than gallumphing through the forest and hoping to find the village more quickly. Deer path it is, then.

Or...

Or...

+1
-1. Not because of your reasoning - which I agree with - but rather because you're forgetting one crucial detail: we're a ★WIZARD★!!!

Draw a runic circle on the ground and one on the map. Stand inside the ground circle, activate it, and stay on it as it flies to the point on the map (having incorporated its flight instructions into the design). Flying rock platform ho!

EDIT: We're unlikely to fall off anyways because everyone knows elves are super agile.

EDIT2: Action description length cut down for simplicity and ease of reading.
If we can do this....

Yus.
+1

Or we could make some magic.

You've never made a floating platform, but you're sure you can manage thanks to the unparalleled flexibility of your geometrism. It'll take some time, though, which you may not have.

You frantically begin scratching runes into the ground, weaving together a spell to hold your platform in the air. Mentally tracking each variable and factor, you sympathetically bind your map to the earth and the earth to the rift, drawing crackling motes of power to bear.

A bestial roar interrupts your preparations. The snapping and tearing of undergrowth echoes through the trees, drawing closer at an astounding rate. No time for second-guessing; it's time to take to the skies in your untested, jury-rigged contraption of magic and dirt. As a wise man once said, sometimes you have to run before you can walk.

IT WORKS

IT WOOORRRRRKS

AH HA HA HA HA HA uh oh.

The hunter bursts through the trees. His hands, arms, and face are coated with blood, and you don't think it's his. Lifting your hands, you direct your platform skywards, and the dirt circle heaves itself upwards. Just as you think you made it out of his reach, the crazed man leaps inhumanly high and grabs the edge of the platform, but the violent rift energies holding you aloft arc between the dirt and his chest in a flash of purple, throwing him backwards and away. Destabilized, the platform shudders. You don't have long left before it falls apart.

You steer yourself northwards at a staggering velocity, veering right to follow the path towards the village. The wind rushes past you, the first light of dawn crests the horizon behind you, the trees whip by under you. The little rational corner of your brain notes that it's quite exhilarating.

A rumble from beneath you steals your attention. The glowing runes at your feet flicker and fade one by one, unleashing the previously contained rift as your platform crumbles. For one terrifying moment, everything falls silent before the earth detonates in a flash of purple light, and you fall...

And fall...

Branches cut across you as you tumble down. Time seems to slow to a crawl before -

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2015, 04:49:24 pm »

Awake.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2015, 05:00:33 pm »

Awake.
Also, hope you don't awake to something hostile.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2015, 05:10:30 pm »

Holy crap that was awesome! That picture looks freaking amazing, too! We are such a badass! We kinda stuffed it up at the end but considering the circumstances and that it was our first try we were great!

Awake.
+1
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2015, 06:02:41 pm »

Holy crap that was awesome! That picture looks freaking amazing, too! We are such a badass! We kinda stuffed it up at the end but considering the circumstances and that it was our first try we were great!

Awake.
+1
+1. Life, eh?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 23, 2015, 06:13:35 pm »

Awake.
+1
+1. Life, eh?
+1
Here's for not dying!
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 23, 2015, 06:43:06 pm »

Awake.
+1
+1. Life, eh?
+1
Here's for not dying!
+1

Yay, update!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 23, 2015, 08:47:11 pm »

Awake.
+1
+1. Life, eh?
+1
Here's for not dying!
+1

Yay, update!
+1 AWAKEN!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 23, 2015, 09:04:27 pm »

Awake.
+1
+1. Life, eh?
+1
Here's for not dying!
+1

Yay, update!
+1 AWAKEN!

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 23, 2015, 09:08:28 pm »

So I think we're dead.

Try ascending to Lichhood. Failing that, become a ghost. Failing THAT, just go to the afterlife.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 23, 2015, 09:24:51 pm »

Be rescued by a traveling priest.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 23, 2015, 09:41:29 pm »

Check to see if we have a blindfold in front of us or something with our hands. Blink a few times.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 23, 2015, 10:01:39 pm »

Check to see if we have a blindfold in front of us or something with our hands. Blink a few times.
+1. If we don't, try magic.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12