Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Help me get better at DMing: is this game way, way too wordy?

Holy shit yes
- 0 (0%)
Slightly less long-winded would be better.
- 0 (0%)
No, it's fine as it is.
- 6 (60%)
I am dangerously insane and demand an excess of words. Double the length of each update.
- 4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: [ISG] Teovanth  (Read 22639 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Teovanth
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2015, 12:49:27 pm »

I'm reading it but not posting actions same with other people I'm guessing
I actually do this with a ton of forum games.

There's nothing wrong with your game. It's great, possibly one of the best I've seen from what little we've played of it. The story's great, the art's great, the characters are great...I can't say the magic is great because we've used it only once (and it was a good once) but trust me - you're doing excellent.
I tend to do this too, even with games I have posted in before. I just read them, and if there is a crisis I'll post...
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2015, 01:47:24 pm »

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2015, 01:55:45 pm »

Only reason I've not posted for this update is because I honestly don't know what we should do.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2015, 03:58:55 pm »

Only reason I've not posted for this update is because I honestly don't know what we should do.
Yep I was originally going to do this too. It took me a while to decide what i'm was going to suggest because I was afraid I would choose a bad option and get our face ripped of by a horrible murder monster! Mainly because none of the options sound like they would be safe areas. Which is good because that's the point in being in a creepy/evil forest thingy.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2015, 06:45:27 pm »

First off, amazing art.

Second, do we know of a ritual or rune that locates true north?

Finally, why didn't we just teleport to the village?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2015, 07:04:18 pm »

First off, amazing art.

Thanks!

Second, do we know of a ritual or rune that locates true north?

Finally, why didn't we just teleport to the village?

I was worried you guys had forgotten what Taliss is.

1. Yes. You also have two one-shot magic maps.
2. The farther you teleport, the more unstable the disc gets.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2015, 08:09:37 pm »

Let's activate the broader map and work our way using that. Create a compass rune and an illusionary dummy rune.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »

Let's activate the broader map and work our way using that. Create a compass rune and an illusionary dummy rune.
+1, and this is awesome. The writing and art are both fantastic.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2015, 06:27:13 pm »

Finally not on a phone and I must say, your art and writing are top class, now have a good day!
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 16, 2015, 09:05:44 pm »

+1, and this is awesome.
Yeah, I think we should head into the ravine...
+1.

You quickly jury-rig a runic compass and align your map with north before activating the spell written on the parchment. The paper glows as the ink waters down and rearranges itself into a rough map of your surroundings.

You discover that the road is north of you - reasonably close, but also in the same direction as the hunter and the big cat. The rocky area leads back towards the mountains, quickly merging with the stony cliffs. The thicket is to your south, while the ravine heads east, curving south around the thicket before splitting, branching north and east.

However, you could probably climb out of the ravine at a couple different spots. The nearest one seems to be a deer trail that heads north and crosses the road, but a second one farther east leads up into the thicket. From the topographic map, you can tell some object lies across the ravine, possibly a fallen log - you could get across it and continue east, if you wanted.

Or you could follow through the ravine. In some ways it'd be safer - it'd certainly be harder from creatures on the surface to find you - but you don't know what might be lurking in the darkness.

Paths:
- East through the ravine, heading north at the fork (towards the road).
- East through the ravine, heading south at the fork (around the far side of the dark thicket).
- North out of the ravine, along the deer trail towards the road.
- East out of the ravine, across the log and brushing past the dark thicket.

+1, and this is awesome. The writing and art are both fantastic.
Finally not on a phone and I must say, your art and writing are top class, now have a good day!
There's nothing wrong with your game. It's great, possibly one of the best I've seen from what little we've played of it. The story's great, the art's great, the characters are great...I can't say the magic is great because we've used it only once (and it was a good once) but trust me - you're doing excellent.

Thanks for the kind words. I tend to have problems with second-guessing myself when I should be first-guessing and sticking with it, so I apologize if I start to sound neurotic and panicky. I'll try to rein it in.

Also, we'll have color again in the next update.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2015, 09:15:25 pm »

I think going North through the deer trail is our best bet, at this point. If there's a road, it's probably one of the safer places in the forest. The deer trail itself is risky, though...
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »

The Deer Trail is the quickest and the safest(why else would the deer use it?)!  Also I'm impressed you can draw straight lines, I sell Residental plans for a living and I can barely draw one with a ruler. :P

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2015, 09:51:02 pm »

I think going North through the deer trail is our best bet, at this point. If there's a road, it's probably one of the safer places in the forest. The deer trail itself is risky, though...
Unfortunately, I do agree with this. It may be best to stick with the threats we (sort of...) know rather than potentially kicking a beehive of hostile creatures and this crazy dude guy chasing(?) us. If we can get past him, we'll make it to the road and, if we're lucking, find a good-guy patrol or hunters or something.

+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2015, 10:01:53 pm »

Unfortunately, I do agree with this. It may be best to stick with the threats we (sort of...) know rather than potentially kicking a beehive of hostile creatures and this crazy dude guy chasing(?) us. If we can get past him, we'll make it to the road and, if we're lucking, find a good-guy patrol or hunters or something.

+1
-1. Not because of your reasoning - which I agree with - but rather because you're forgetting one crucial detail: we're a ★WIZARD★!!!

Draw a runic circle on the ground and one on the map. Stand inside the ground circle, activate it, and stay on it as it flies to the point on the map (having incorporated its flight instructions into the design). Flying rock platform ho!

EDIT: We're unlikely to fall off anyways because everyone knows elves are super agile.

EDIT2: Action description length cut down for simplicity and ease of reading.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 11:57:11 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2015, 01:05:52 am »

+1
-1. Not because of your reasoning - which I agree with - but rather because you're forgetting one crucial detail: we're a ★WIZARD★!!!

Draw a runic circle on the ground and one on the map. Stand inside the ground circle, activate it, and stay on it as it flies to the point on the map (having incorporated its flight instructions into the design). Flying rock platform ho!

EDIT: We're unlikely to fall off anyways because everyone knows elves are super agile.

EDIT2: Action description length cut down for simplicity and ease of reading.
If we can do this....

Yus.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12