Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: (TSG) Sheriff Meetings... All the Meetings  (Read 9911 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff Shopping Spree
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 01:25:02 pm »

bumping for update

I'm not seeing much agreement on what should be purchased. Everybody seems to have their own ideas.

I'll try to update tonight regardless. At worst I put off the decision a bit longer and start the meetings.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 01:48:01 pm »

I like those plans for the MPs. Getting Kuyroin is expensive and needless, so we might as well drop him. We can't get 10 troglodytes because Weirdsound said we could only get 5. I vote Nurgleplux (because detective) and 4 troglodytes (unintimidating peacekeeprs).

I assume slaves don't require salaries, other than maintenance and training costs. The 13 chips a month to feed Nurgleplux isn't too bad once we get  salary.
This

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2015, 02:02:24 pm »

I like those plans for the MPs. Getting Kuyroin is expensive and needless, so we might as well drop him. We can't get 10 troglodytes because Weirdsound said we could only get 5. I vote Nurgleplux (because detective) and 4 troglodytes (unintimidating peacekeeprs).

I assume slaves don't require salaries, other than maintenance and training costs. The 13 chips a month to feed Nurgleplux isn't too bad once we get  salary.
This

+1

Plans for getting parliament members to give us a salary:
Oog-Paler - I don't know what to do here. Maybe have his wife talk to him?
Trik-Trik - Tell him that with a proper salary the sheriff's department would easily have the resources required to push through the new currency, so long as our plan is used.
Vandul-Tat-Pallik The Unlucky - Convince him that the sheriff's department will help with securing the town from internal threats, namely the freedom-fighters. Once proper law and order is secured, it should be easier to prepare against external threats.
Irrik-Kinglor - A salary from the government will allow us to buy more slave guards, or at least prevent violent resistance against the practice of slavery in town. Stability will also allow the food shortage to be sorted out more easily and more quickly.
Char-Pallik - I don't know, maybe ask nicely? We're good friends with her sister.
Henry Orange - If we don't get funding to hire proper city guards, we'll have to rely on Renders to keep law and order instead, plus we can be trusted to be fair when it comes to delivering justice. Enforced peace will also be necessary if we're to stop people from starving in the coming months.
Sheepteeth - Push our familial ties and seal it off with a 500-chip bribe.

and +1 to MP meeting plans and persuasion strategies.

EDIT: Is this a consensus?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 04:49:22 pm by 3man75 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 09:11:07 am »

This

+1

Trik-Trik - Tell him that with a proper salary the sheriff's department would easily have the resources required to push through the new currency, so long as our plan is used.
Vandul-Tat-Pallik The Unlucky - Convince him that the sheriff's department will help with securing the town from internal threats, namely the freedom-fighters. Once proper law and order is secured, it should be easier to prepare against external threats.
Irrik-Kinglor - A salary from the government will allow us to buy more slave guards, or at least prevent violent resistance against the practice of slavery in town. Stability will also allow the food shortage to be sorted out more easily and more quickly.
Char-Pallik - I don't know, maybe ask nicely? We're good friends with her sister.
Henry Orange - If we don't get funding to hire proper city guards, we'll have to rely on Renders to keep law and order instead, plus we can be trusted to be fair when it comes to delivering justice. Enforced peace will also be necessary if we're to stop people from starving in the coming months.

+1

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 09:20:23 am »

This

+1

+1
+1

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff Nasty
« Reply #65 on: April 02, 2015, 03:01:24 am »

You have a brief discussion with Nurgleplux, and decide that you can't afford to pass him up. He was trained personally by a former member of the Naga Empire's inquisition, a group feared for their ability to root out the truth (and to frame people if need be). He speaks solid human, ogreish, and orcish, and is properly trained for combat.

In the end, you decide on purchasing the talented War Shroom, as well as four combat ready troglodytes to back them up. The guild throws in their gear as part of the deal. Each Troglodyte comes equipped with a tiny steel dagger, a small rusty iron trident, and a well worn leather armor set. Nurgleplux is trained to wield no gear save for a nasty looking iron plated lead maul, which he carries two handed. The entire purchase sets you back 2500 Chips, and feeding these enforcers will set you back 25 Chips a Month.

Having nowhere else to send them, you instruct the guild to deliver your new men to your home. Best find a headquarters fast, as you are sure that the wife will be thrilled.

Junior refuses to speak to you on the way back; You can he is quite pissed that you didn't buy Ashveil.

Tridap-Point's office is a large room that you suspect might have once slept one of the members of the Swain Dynasty, but your friend has had the space heavily redecorated. The room is full of many desks at which the MP's staffers work, and one large one made of some expensive Fungal Wood at which Tridap-Point sits. The wall is decorated with framed Orcish Ink Drawings, some of which are respectful portraits of the queen and her ancestors, and others erotic drawings of common Orcish women.

When you approach his desk, the MP leads you back to a large walk-in closet, which has been converted into a lush sitting room for private meetings. You are offered, and indulge in, some expensive cheeses before getting down to business. "Tridap, I've decided I want to start making preparations for making Valince an MP. I'm honestly here to know about the process of being accepted and how much influence does a single MP have... You know besides the fact that the title would look nice in front of pretty girls who like succesful fellows."

Tridap-Point leans back and scratches his chin. "Any office is only as powerful and influential as the person holding it brother. Ideally he'd be weaker than the Orcs but stronger than the Ogres as MP, but that is all up to him and his ambitions once we get him in..."

He sighs, and plays with his hair before continuing. "As for the process, I have a genius plan to make this work, but I need to have him look like a valid candidate before I put it into motion. He needs to publicly swear loyalty to the queen, which will greatly hurt his reputation with his own kind, so we must first build him up to be so beloved that his reputation will be able to survive even what his fellows consider to be treason."

Your friend flashes that trademark toothy grin that can only mean he has some sort of cunning plan. "All a Crisis is is an opportunity with particularly high stakes. If we can solve the food shortage, and Valiance can take most or all of the credit for doing so, we are golden. The only problem is the bill that Irrik-Kinglor and the Ogres are working on; If they solve the crisis, the opportunity is lost. I can use parliamentary tricks to delay the bill for about a month or so after they introduce it, so you have some time to come up with your own solution. You have power now Mathias, I'd like to see how you spread your wings and use it."

---

Trik-Trik's office is also impressive; It has a similiar layout to Tridap-Point's, but the walls are decorated with various metal weapons, armor, and sculptures. The Orcs that run the mint are the most powerful and respected of the Anvil-Guild. They proudly boast that the Steel-Chip is the greatest currency in the world. It is made from a brittle steel folded with top secret techniques. The heavily guarded folding process makes them impossible to counterfeit, their brittle and complex nature also makes it difficult to melt them down into usable goods, which discourages destruction of currency. Trik-Trik was taken away to Slagwalls when you were 10, to learn the art of minting Chips. As those who know the technique are forbidden from leaving the city, the fact that he is here now means that something must have gone wrong.

He greets you happily enough, and like Tridap-Point leads you off to a private meeting room, where you are again fed some cheese as you catch up on old times. Apparently Trik-Trik was so personable, that the Anvil-Guild figured that locking him away would be a waste. He has spent most of the last 30 years as a traveling merchant for the guild, selling arms in the lands of the Naga Empire to the South. He is married with a son Junior's Age, and is also raising a 16 year old half-snake bastard daughter, who is a skilled venom mage. You cringe when he informs you that the girl occasionally takes assassination jobs for Cat-Mash, and is betrothed to Shark-Teeth, one of his advisers.

After bragging about your kids, you transition the topic on hand to business. You decide to open with the idea of a budget bill, and allow Trik-Trik to bring up his plan on his own. "The reason I came over this way, aside from catching up with you of course, is that the Sheriff's office has no budget aside from what the Queen gave us to start up. I can't maintain the office for long, much less expand my operations to a respectable size, without income. Tradap-Point has suggested that your financial expertise would make you ideal to draft and spearhead a funding bill on behalf of the Sheriff's Office."

"I could do that..." The MP Muses, "but I could actually do you one better. I was actually going to get in touch with you myself soon Mathias. The Anvil Guild has authorized me to offer the Sheriff's Office funding on its behalf. I'm supposed to start at fifteen thousand chips a month, and barter from there, but since we go way back, I'll tell you the highest I'm authorized to approve is Twenty Five thousand a month, plus a startup payment of twice that. All we'd ask in return is that the Sheriff will aggressively protect guild interests in addition to whatever other duties you choose to take on."

"That is tempting," you admit as you move the discussion to a crucial point, "but I've heard you want to use me as your headsman, and execute people for carrying old currency. I'm not entirely sure that is reasonable. I'd have to slaughter the whole damn town, myself included. Not enough money has been brought into town for everybody to exchange their copper and silver at a fair rate. I'm not sure I want to be obligated to serve the Anvil Guild, especially if they are supporting silly and shortsighted policy."

Trik-Trik shakes his head and bursts out laughing. "Phahahaha! Tridap-Point tell you that? Poor dumb bastard doesn't have his facts straight. The wording in the bill I'm working on now says that the penalty for carrying illegal money is 'to be determined at the Sheriff's Digression, up to and including execution'. Sure, I'd like you to make an example or two. I'm sure there has to be somebody you want dead, right? Beyond that, the law is designed for you to exploit; If you want to be rid of somebody, and can't get em on anything else, it is easy to plant a bag of coins in their house. The guild wants the currency changed sooner rather than later, and some dumbasses up top would rather accomplish this by scaring the locals to make the exchange at an unfavorable rate than by actually sending more chips to town."

He calms down, and takes a deep breath. "If you don't want to do this, I'd be glad to help you work on a bill. Just know that the Ogres are against you getting anything at all, and some of the other MPs are opposed to spending much money on anything else until this food situation is sorted out. That said, if you agree to my proposal, and keep it quiet, we can likely get you a funding bill as well. Nothing like double-dipping."

---

Vandul's office is located in a much smaller room than the two you have visited so far, and is decorated in a much more spartan fashion. He has but one aid, and his walls are adorned with only a few military battle maps. Instead of pulling you aside, he simply sends his aid away for privacy. Vandul is older than the other Orc MPs, and some of the children he had with his first wife were your friends growing up. He starts the meeting by telling stories from your early childhood that you don't even remember. He drones on so long that you eventually have to step in and bring the conversation back to business. He seems sympathetic to your budget concerns, but unwilling to throw money at them.

"Parliament has many expensive items on its plate. I'm not opposed to giving you a budget at some point, but now is not the time. What I would be willing to do, however, is make things easier until such a time at which it would be wise to fund your department. I could place twenty soldiers from Fort Summit, paid for on the Queen's dime, under your direct command, and set you up in a proper headquarters. Cat-Mash is presently working on a new mead hall for himself that is bigger than the one his father built to celebrate the conquest of Sky's Gate. The old mead hall would make a fine HQ for your department if properly converted; Cat-Mash will be loath to help you, but I could make giving you the hall my condition for signing onto that crazy bill he and the slavers guild are cooking up."

After hemming and hawing over the eunuch's proposal, you bring up a more personal request. "I also came here to ask for a favor. My eldest son dreams of fighting for the Queen on the front lines, and I think it would be good for him. I believe with the right training he could possibly be legendary and help lead our comrades to victory whereever he goes... Stop me by the way if my hopes are too high... Point is, I want to entrust him to you for tutelage and to train him to be a great general like yourself."

The Queen's former consort smiles at the request. "That is reasonable, and I, in turn, have a more personal request for you. Tat-Pallik has personally put me in charge of planning and executing weddings, birthday banquets, and burial rites for all of her kin in town. I'm looking for somebody to cater these events, and have heard tell that your in-laws used to make their living in the kitchen. If either your wife or her father would be willing to accept the title of 'Royal Chef of Sky's Gate', and the responsibilities and salary that goes with it, I'd be happy to teach your son so much about the art of war that you might mistake him for an Orc."

---

You catch Oog-Paler and his staff trying to find space on his wall of many hunting trophies for the head of a particularly mean looking dire goat. When he spots you, he tells the poor pencil pushers to figure the placement out for themselves. He takes you down to the palace courtyard where he has set up a private range, and has a discussion with over some Archery Practice (after enjoying a loud laugh about your lack of shooting skill).

He waves off the budget discussion. "Sure. I'll sign whatever for ya. I mostly just vote for whatever Tridap-Point tells me to, and I'm sure that pal of yours is in your corner on this one."

He then quickly changes the topic. "The wife and I were going to run up into the mountains to hunt in three days? Want to tag along? You can't shoot worth a damn, but you are pleasant enough company and good for a laugh with your archery. I am have one of the Ogre MPs along, Spew-Spiller, he claims to be kin to you. Know the guy?"

Spew-Spiller, you recall, is the Ogre plotting with Tridap-Point against Cat-Mash. The hunt may be a good way to safely talk to him, although you might end up tipping off Oog-Paler, an MP of questionable political competence.

---

Irrik-Kinglor's office is the only one of the lot that seems to have been an actual office; It is still decorated with the purple and gold furnishings likely installed by the Swains. The MP that inhabits it was two years older than you growing up, and you idolized him. You wanted more than anything to be part of his group, and during you last year in Orcish Territory your wish began to come true. Although you never became close with him personally, he allowed you to hang in his circle and run small tasks for him. Two months before your departure, upon learning that you were not into Orcs, he arranged a meeting between yourself and Gemlore, a Drowish Kitchen Slave at his house who ended up becoming your first sweetheart. You suspect that he knew you would bond over cooking, and had known what was going to happen all along.

He starts the meeting with his typical slick smile and blunt speech that have remained unchanged throughout the years. "Listen brother, I'll be honest, I know you are looking for help with a budget, and my hands are tied. I'm working with the Ogres on a food project, and they hate your damn guts man. I can't be seen publicly supporting you until I'm sure I get what I want out of them."

His smile rises, and he rises from his seat to slap you in his back. "Tell you what though, if you want, ol'Irrik-Kinglor will help you under the table. I know one of your lieutenants practices dark magic, and I could get some dark mages for her to command. The guild is marching a whole bunch of Brain Wasp Hell Mages through town to the front lines, and I could easily divert a handful to your service. I could even arrange them a place to stay and take care of expenses until you have proper living quarters for your mooks."

The MP dosn't give you much time to consider his words before launching into more personal discussion. He presently lives with a human mistress who he just found out is carrying his halfbreed child, and his wife, who is away on the front lines, has given her blessing to the arrangement. He has two grown children, a son who was just recently accepted as one of Tat-Pallik's consorts, and a daughter who works in Tridap-Point's office. He also has a nine year old son still at home, which prompts you to bring up your twins. When you mention Little Seal is interested in bombs, Irrik-Kinglor's wide smile returns.

"Eeeeeeey man! My wife is actually the commander of a siege team, and my father-in-law is head of the corrosives and explosives department at the Royal Cheymistry Academy. If you are willing to part with her, we could send the girl to Orcish Lands and teach her how to blow things up right! They say she is going to be royalty, so it is only fitting that we give the lady some sort of education, no?"

---

Char-Pallik has the most prestigious office of all, the former throne room of King Swain. She has kept the original decoration scheme of the room, but replaced the coat of arms with that of her own family: Crossed spears impaling trout on a black background. You were introduced to her once by the queen in recent months, and each told to treat each other as brother and sister, but Tat-Pallik was utterly drunk and drugged at the time, and you had been awkwardly avoiding each other so as not to bring it up. You are quite shocked, then, when as soon as she gets you into a private meeting room, the young MP wraps you up in a huge hug and slips a piece of rolled parchment into your hands.

"My sister was right. You will be my brother, and I will be your sister. We will look out for each other and each other's families. We will never judge each other. I will swear this on the Queens Honor if you do the same."

The document you have been handed is labeled 'Proposal to allow the Sky's Gate Sheriff's Office to Draw Opperating and Expansion Funds from the Cities Royal Allowance'. She must have prepared a funding bill for you, pity you don't have time to give it a proper reading before dealing with Char-Pallik's abrupt and heavy inquiry.

Mathias 'The Enforcer' Lorenz Blood-spiller:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The Sheriff's Office of Sky's Gate:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The next few turns will be spent resolving these meetings. Feel free to use time skipping and use information introduced in one meeting in another freely; We can just assume Mathias is running from office to office sorting shit out. We will move along with other things once all but one or two of the meetings are resolved.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff Meetings... All the Meetings
« Reply #66 on: April 02, 2015, 04:58:14 am »

Perhaps we could arrange a more modest alliance with the Anvil guild? For example, instead of pushing for illegalization of alternate currencies... might we push for a tax on their use? That ought to deppreciate the value of other currencies in the economy, allowing steel chips to become strong without the need for harsh criminal penalties, as well as bringing a little bit more cash flow to our friends at parliament, further encouraging them to fund us. We might offer this arrangement for... lets say half of the price they opened with in their own offer. We secure funding, with the opportunity of potentially getting more funding from parliament, and all without appearing either weak or harsh.
Except for that i am against becoming so beholden to the Anvil Guild while our position is as weak as it is.

I'd be willing to to accept both of Irrik-Kinglor's offers, they are good offers, and it couldn't hurt to work with someone who's well liked even among our enemies.

If our Wife is inclined to accept a position of prestige i say we have it arranged that she become the Royal Chef of Sky Gate, and if she isn't... give it to her father, as far as i'm concerned that arrangement is pretty win-win for us.

I'm a little bit more hesitant to accept Vandul's offer of soldiers however, as well as Char-Pallik's bill, though i could be convinced on it.

Alternatively we could dig in and get as much money and resources as we can from all of this, spending nearly all that we have to offer on helping to end the food shortage, either in the name of Valince, or in our own. If we want to merely connect Valince to the affair we could potentially give the pile of money we make over the course of several months directly into Valince's hands to have him arrange for imports of food.

I'd be interested in any input others may have to offer about these ideas, or variations of them.

Is it even physically possible for us to put together enough money ourselves to end the food shortage?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 02, 2015, 07:29:42 am »

I think the food problem shouldn't be solved by putting a sack of gold into farmer hands and wish for the best. Instead, we should look into particular innovative individuals and see if they have some good ideas for solving the food shortage (if they have contacts in the outside, some sort of magic or technology they might have heard of or know about, etc.)

I'm most inclined to Trik-Trik's offer. It gives us a good start-up fund and income, and political leverage to get rid of our enemies. Propose Mlamah's less-violent-but-still-effective plan to the Anvil Guild.

+1 to Irrik-Kinglor's proposal and asking our wife to be a Royal Chef.

I don't see the need at all for soldiers or dark mages. Basic mooks we have (and we should place orders for more troglodytes) and I doubt we need them.

And again, a base. Did we have a previous consensus for a base? I might have forgotten.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 02, 2015, 09:45:21 am »

Perhaps we could arrange a more modest alliance with the Anvil guild? For example, instead of pushing for illegalization of alternate currencies... might we push for a tax on their use? That ought to deppreciate the value of other currencies in the economy, allowing steel chips to become strong without the need for harsh criminal penalties, as well as bringing a little bit more cash flow to our friends at parliament, further encouraging them to fund us. We might offer this arrangement for... lets say half of the price they opened with in their own offer. We secure funding, with the opportunity of potentially getting more funding from parliament, and all without appearing either weak or harsh.
Except for that i am against becoming so beholden to the Anvil Guild while our position is as weak as it is.

I'd be willing to to accept both of Irrik-Kinglor's offers, they are good offers, and it couldn't hurt to work with someone who's well liked even among our enemies.

If our Wife is inclined to accept a position of prestige i say we have it arranged that she become the Royal Chef of Sky Gate, and if she isn't... give it to her father, as far as i'm concerned that arrangement is pretty win-win for us.

I'm a little bit more hesitant to accept Vandul's offer of soldiers however, as well as Char-Pallik's bill, though i could be convinced on it.

Alternatively we could dig in and get as much money and resources as we can from all of this, spending nearly all that we have to offer on helping to end the food shortage, either in the name of Valince, or in our own. If we want to merely connect Valince to the affair we could potentially give the pile of money we make over the course of several months directly into Valince's hands to have him arrange for imports of food.

I'd be interested in any input others may have to offer about these ideas, or variations of them.

Is it even physically possible for us to put together enough money ourselves to end the food shortage?

I'd be more inclined to get the funding bill from Char-Pallik as it is the Queens sister. We should also get the Old Mead hall and the soldiers offer from the old general. We need these things right now badly. We'll work on getting our father in law to say yes to becoming the Royal Chef of Sky's Gates for our son to be under the generals tutelage. That way he'll be more prone to help us in the future.

We should also definetly agree Irks offer of sending our girl to this explosvies academy. If only to get her out of the house and have her make some more army connections up their. Plus, it'd be hard to assasinate a member of the Queens army  right? The offer with the mages is also a no. We can't use them effectviely for policing only killing. We can't be seen as killers right now.

As to the hunting trip...I say no just because we kinda have a city to protect while were away right now. Make it sound like were just too busy setting stuff up right now but we'll go later. Joke to him about beating him in a hunt next time possible when he's blindfolded and drunk.

I think we should back out of making valiance and solving the food crisis. It'll just make us look like a snake and feed Cat-Mash ammo when we kinda turn on people. Not a suggestion just a thought I'm not ready to say much about.

Also I think we shouldn't trust Trik-Trik too much. I mean his faith is basically with Cat-Mash right now and their practically in bed together. His Daugher is betrothed to one of Cat-Mash's guys and she works for him sometimes. Not a good sign. Let's however get his help in signing Char-Palliks bill if only to get money.

Also future plan. Lets work on getting the sister of the Queen to be the new Governor and get rid of Cat-Mash. Just saying it would be awesome.

+1 Lets really try to get to know Char-Pallik and inquire what she wants. She seems nice but she is hungry for power although naive. I'm not above really treating her like a sister :3

EDIT 2:

"...What I would be willing to do, however, is make things easier until such a time at which it would be wise to fund your department. I could place twenty soldiers from Fort Summit, paid for on the Queen's dime, under your direct command, and set you up in a proper headquarters."

You know eventually were going to have to get funding but this plus working with Trik-Trik on the guild offer could solve a lot of problems for us. Trik-Trik would get us spending money for the first few months and then we can really start revamping the old mead hall once Cat-Mash leaves. Plus 20 army troops sounds very good especially when someone else is paying for them. An again the old mead hall as an our police HQ would be good.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:11:19 pm by 3man75 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2015, 05:07:50 pm »

Tridap-Point
Getting the food crisis sorted is one of the reasons we want the farmer in parliament. As it is, the plan needs too many things for it to work and we need a food bill passed as soon as possible regardless of who passes it or we ALL suffer.

Trik-Trik
Ask for 3000 chips a month and we'll actively work to rid the old currency from the city, but for such a low price we reserve the right to stop taking the money at any point.

Vandul
Take him up on all of his offers.

Oog-Paler
Why not, if it improves relations with us as well.

Irrik-Kinglor
Decline his offer seeing as we might not be able to pay for his mages in the future and we haven't found any uses for dark mages yet. Talk to our wife about giving our daughter the education he just offered.

Char-Pallik
Read the bill first. Something's odd here and she knows that we know, so it wouldn't be insulting to find out what is going on before committing to anything.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 02, 2015, 05:16:40 pm »

Tridap-Point
Getting the food crisis sorted is one of the reasons we want the farmer in parliament. As it is, the plan needs too many things for it to work and we need a food bill passed as soon as possible regardless of who passes it or we ALL suffer.

Trik-Trik
Ask for 3000 chips a month and we'll actively work to rid the old currency from the city, but for such a low price we reserve the right to stop taking the money at any point.

Vandul
Take him up on all of his offers.

Oog-Paler
Why not, if it improves relations with us as well.

Irrik-Kinglor
Decline his offer seeing as we might not be able to pay for his mages in the future and we haven't found any uses for dark mages yet. Talk to our wife about giving our daughter the education he just offered.

Char-Pallik
Read the bill first. Something's odd here and she knows that we know, so it wouldn't be insulting to find out what is going on before committing to anything.

+1 to this. Completely.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 03, 2015, 04:42:55 am »

All of the above except the no to mages.

Get the mages.

Always get mages. They always turn out to be more useful then they appear, and they're amazing for riot/crowd control.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 03, 2015, 08:00:48 am »

All of the above except the no to mages.

Get the mages.

Always get mages. They always turn out to be more useful then they appear, and they're amazing for riot/crowd control.

I'm against getting mages for their (presumably) high upkeep or wage cost, and the fact we lack a base. They might be great for crowd control, but I think the town militia can handle large scale riots for now.

Later on we can try get some mages if we start encountering problems such as frequent rioting (and even then we should leave that to the military or town guard and focus on finding the source.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2015, 12:20:32 pm »

If only to break the tie and move on with the updates lets simply ask the specifics about these mages.

"Tell me more about these mages. How do I pay them and what the hell kind of fire would I be playing with?"

The above is to know exactly what the costs and abilities of these guys are.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2015, 11:57:45 am »

bumping for consensus.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6