Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89251 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 8)
« Reply #135 on: April 15, 2015, 01:06:20 pm »

Leonhard huffs. Sometimes he wishes he was less curious than his cat is, or at the very least less prone to finding himself in problems; it was supposed to be vacations of sorts for him, damn it! Despicable, unfair piece o' treacherous crap that man was, and the mercenary was going to make sure he didn't escape that easily.

Give chase to the man. Get some warm clothing beforehand, though.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 11)
« Reply #136 on: April 15, 2015, 03:46:40 pm »

silently wait for them to find something else to do.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 16, 2015, 07:52:49 am »

Thank the woman, and take a quarter of the coins, leaving the rest for he beggar. Afterwards, ask around for the current state of the magicians guild.

Archae furrows his brow, and paces about trying to think (in vain) of what kind of power could be doing this.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 16, 2015, 06:11:22 pm »

"Odd... I guess I should look into this tome more."

Reclaim my thrown javelins and convert the soul-bound ones into memories. Keep track of the axeman and maceman.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 16, 2015, 06:13:54 pm »

Take away axe man's axe. Punch him in the face if he tries anything. Then collect mace man's mace as well. Also get my arrow back, those things don't grow on trees you know.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 12)
« Reply #140 on: April 16, 2015, 10:17:09 pm »

This is going a little bit slowly for my tastes, but that's better in my opinion than throwing off the turn structure and confusing people. That seems to be the downfall of a lot of my games.

I'm not planning to make any changes at the moment, though.

"Odd... I guess I should look into this tome more."

Reclaim my thrown javelins and convert the soul-bound ones into memories. Keep track of the axeman and maceman.

The tome is empty with not a word or sign of writing on any of its pages. It appeared as the last of the Shady Figure's body sank into the ground, at the location of the man's heart.
Its cover is made of dark black leather, its spine bound with golden thread. It features a lock on the front, with a key tied to it by string. The tome's face is adorned with a solitary blue gem.
You also note that, holding it, your thoughts seem to clear. The noise made by animals scavenging the ruins, of grass rustling in the wind, and by the three humans around you all give way to the howling of the wind and an eerie, solitary silence.

You collect your tools and then notice Wilhelm tasking a swing at one of the axemen. You don't hear it well, though, because hold the book in your hands.

The Maceman's arm is damaged (3) and broken (cannot use weapon)

You have a blank tome

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab)) (must be recovered)
You have 10 Javelin memories
You have about thirty Hours

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

Take away axe man's axe. Punch him in the face if he tries anything. Then collect mace man's mace as well. Also get my arrow back, those things don't grow on trees you know.

You release the bow, and move on to collect weapons from the surrendered troops. [1][3] Axe man refuses and jumps back. [3]/[4][6] You swing at him with mighty force, [4]/[6] but axe man dodges it.
Axe man: My weapon! You cannot take it!

It does seem like a nice axe, with a well-balanced head and a long, slightly curved grip designed to maximize swinging force. Its blade is encrusted with ancient Borian rune-language along the end, and despite years of wear the runes still stand out from the surrounding rust and scratchwork.

You've not yet collected the arrow.

You have an uncharged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have 13 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Thank the woman, and take a quarter of the coins, leaving the rest for he beggar. Afterwards, ask around for the current state of the magicians guild.

Archae furrows his brow, and paces about trying to think (in vain) of what kind of power could be doing this.

[2][2] The coins are worth about twenty Hours total, which means five for you and fifteen for the beggar, who gives you a look that can only be interpreted as scorn. You are poaching his earnings, after all, and while you cannot speak, you can at least walk.

You overhear the other mounted person speaking to the woman as she returns:
Nobleman: Why are you tossing out your husband's money, m'lady?
Noblewoman: I am his human side, count. Had you any heart, you would have done the same thing.
Nobleman: That is quite an accusation, but I regret it's true that I've no patience for beggars. I apologize for speaking so brusquely, my duchess.

The army and horseback riders pass, leaving the streets open for the burghers to congregate once more.

As for the mysterious speaking crystal, it appears to be linked to your sense of touch, having only "activated" as you were about to give it away. Perhaps it was not a coincidence, then, that you acquired it, but rather intentional. Whether the stone itself is intelligent or whether it is some magical artifact eludes you.
[2][2] You ask around for information on the magicians. Most criticize you for even wanting to talk to them, and so your efforts lead you right back to the beggar. You decide to ask him if he knows anything.
Beggar: S'for those with tricks up their sleeves. Y'got any talent you wanna show?

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have about seventy-five Hours

Leonhard huffs. Sometimes he wishes he was less curious than his cat is, or at the very least less prone to finding himself in problems; it was supposed to be vacations of sorts for him, damn it! Despicable, unfair piece o' treacherous crap that man was, and the mercenary was going to make sure he didn't escape that easily.

Give chase to the man. Get some warm clothing beforehand, though.

[2][5] Some warm clothing won't be difficult to come by, especially since your target has scattered half the contents of the room over the bed. You slip on a fur coat from the half-open wardrobe, then enter into the hall and almost collide with a stranger.
It appears to be a short elf-girl, slightly less than five feet in height and wearing a bright green dress with white frills around the sleeves and edges. You assume it's a child, who became lost when--
Girl: Where are the papers?

She interrupts your thoughts speaking in a tone of arrogance, rather surprising for an unarmed girl speaking to an experienced soldier.

At the same time, you hear the door creaking on the other side of the hall, past a turn. You do not see who is at the door.

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

silently wait for them to find something else to do.

[5][6] The three men scour the area for signs of sprites, changing tactics every so often as Thelmax identifies various fantasy critters off the top of his head.
Eventually, the nobleman states he hears the voices no longer, and suggests that they call off the search. The clergyman nods, and bids farewell to the nobleman as he leaves. Thelmax returns to his chair in the study, leaving the nobleman alone to search the halls for his friend, the scholar he came to meet.

The nobleman moves out into the dark hallway, toward the stairwell that led to this corner of the university. The tunnels are dark, and it's difficult for a human to see. That said, there is always a glint of light at corners where the gaslamps are located, which is enough to bounce light off the metal nameplates on the office doors.
For a university, this place looks more like some abandoned castle, what with the lack of lighting and winding hallways. One could almost get lost in here.

It is the 3rd hour after noon, and the Twin Suns are obscured by a cloudy blanket.
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 12)
« Reply #141 on: April 16, 2015, 11:18:21 pm »

Action PMd
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 17, 2015, 03:25:53 am »

Archae nods slowly. He attempts to transform the stick's thorns into snake's fangs (is this possible?), being careful not to prick his finger on them.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 17, 2015, 03:48:11 am »

Archae nods slowly. He attempts to transform the stick's thorns into snake's fangs (is this possible?), being careful not to prick his finger on them.

Yes. Aganis is the most like regular fantasy magic. You think of something, and then you cast. Spell tomes help focus thoughts, although I will elaborate on how exactly they work as HEN's story advances.

It works best on living things because of human familiarity with them. Steel is a foreign material to the body, and so it is more difficult to shape as a human.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 17, 2015, 06:10:35 am »

Right.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 17, 2015, 03:26:45 pm »

Leonhard looks down at the little girl, then glances around just to make sure it isn't a sudden joke in bad taste someone is trying to pull on him in face of such a serious scenario. "Miss, I have a criminal - a murderer even - to catch, now if you-" Something clicks in his mind. "This room is a mess. Do you think the man I want to give chase to is the one with the papers you're asking for? The one who was dressed like an Astrologer, that is. He took down the inn's owner and is escaping."

He also makes sure Klein is somewhere nearby and tries to get the furball to his shoulder's armor.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 17, 2015, 06:03:42 pm »

"This tome... perhaps I should try writing in it later?" Zikal looks away from the tome and notices the scuffle between the axeman and his companion. "What purpose does that axe serve? Can you not simply replace it?"

Equip a javelin and find out the significance of the axe.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 17, 2015, 07:03:59 pm »

Some quick dialogue:

"This tome... perhaps I should try writing in it later?" Zikal looks away from the tome and notices the scuffle between the axeman and his companion. "What purpose does that axe serve? Can you not simply replace it?"

Equip a javelin and find out the significance of the axe.

Axe man: It belonged to a king! I took it from his cold, wrinkled hands. The man would not curse this world ever again.

Leonhard looks down at the little girl, then glances around just to make sure it isn't a sudden joke in bad taste someone is trying to pull on him in face of such a serious scenario. "Miss, I have a criminal - a murderer even - to catch, now if you-" Something clicks in his mind. "This room is a mess. Do you think the man I want to give chase to is the one with the papers you're asking for? The one who was dressed like an Astrologer, that is. He took down the inn's owner and is escaping."

He also makes sure Klein is somewhere nearby and tries to get the furball to his shoulder's armor.

Girl: Do you mean to say that you are not the one I was sent to find? Those papers must be destroyed.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2015, 07:22:49 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 17, 2015, 08:03:06 pm »

"A king, you claim! You ask us to believe that a common brigand slew a king? There isn't even a kingdom nearby, the only one in the whole empire is Ontford! How could it have come from a king?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 17, 2015, 10:33:47 pm »

"The man I must chase and the one with the papers may be one and the same." Leonhard quickly replies, trying to get the conversation out of the way so he can follow after the astrologer. "Now, ya can follow me or pigback or somethin'. I need to find that cheatin', murderin' man arrested or punished." he says, already preparing to move out.

If she follows or pigbacks or stays behind or whatever, it's good. Get to chasing the astrologer down after picking up Klein.
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 40