Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: "Most Coveted" legendaries  (Read 3363 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: "Most Coveted" legendaries
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2015, 10:06:51 pm »

Most useful legendary skill for a dwarf to have? Gelder.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Terff

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed...
    • View Profile
    • What is the answer to this question?
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2015, 10:49:41 pm »

I recently got a great gelder in my migrant wave, have no idea what I should do with it though... the skill seems highly useless unless you want to be able to have two cats without having 1000 cats...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:57:30 pm by Terff »
I need some way to put armor on babies so I can start training them early.
Quote from: Lectorog on August 06, 2013, 03:57:45 pm

A goblin siege!?  Good we haven't had one in awhile, we are running out of new clothes

omega_dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Architect, Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2015, 11:32:28 pm »

I recently got a great gelder in my migrant wave, have no idea what I should do with it though... the skill seems highly useless unless you want to be able to have two cats without having 1000 cats...

Unsullied.

Uggh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2015, 05:34:50 am »

All are fine, even cheesemakers, at least for the speed increase. Only exception is gem setter as it increases the chance for large gems.

Sefarian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2015, 09:20:21 am »

Let's see...

I value weaponsmith and armorsmith about equally. Those skills are extremely useful both for defense and for trade, even though I would never use produced weapons as a primary trade good except when I'm feeling particularly dorfy. Beyond them, Soldiers and Doctors are my favorite to have as legendaries. So, yeah, I'm pretty generic in that respect.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2015, 09:28:48 am »

Cheese making
Swimming
Fish Dissection

and the attribute empathy to be at its lowest.

those are my most wanted legendary skills and attribute. but i keep getting legendary armorsmiths, gem setters and all these other junk migrants
Conversationalist.

With a preference for crafts or large gems, of course.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2015, 09:59:35 am »

Weaponsmiths (best skill ever), armorsmiths (second best skill), mason, miner, military skills, metalsmith,  mechanic, bone carver, miner, cook, grower, stone crafter, metal crafter, herbalist, carpenter, teacher (with high military skills) and animal trainer.

In rough order of importance. The rest ? nah.

Rince Wind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 03:54:48 pm »

I find it easier to get my weaponsmithes to legendary by mass producing trap components for sale or actual use though. So my favourite would be armor smith.

And biter of course, nothing it better than a legendary biter. Miscellanious object user ist a close 2nd, especially when we will be getting taverns. Need to be able to dish out some damage in the inevitable bar brawl.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 07:22:54 pm »

I find armorsmiths equally as easy to train (that is to say, not that easy) than weaponsmiths. Copper armor, all day, erry day. So you can armor your civilians.

And biter of course, nothing it better than a legendary biter.

True. Legendary biter is truly an underdog skill.

My dwarves never train biter though in training. Or barely.

Galena

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2015, 07:45:36 pm »

legendary growers, they make farming so much more productive
He listed off what sounded like a lot of painful-sounding procedures that needed to be done, then proceeded to immediately throw a party.

Thisfox

• Bay Watcher
  • Vixen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2015, 01:38:29 am »

I looove legendary doctors. I had a nasty bad guy attack and a dozen broken dorfs with varied injuries, then a legendary itinerant doctor arrived on migration, and healed them all up in minutes. He stitched and stitched and bandaged and cleaned wounds and set bones, and even issued a dorf child with a crutch. It was epic.
Mules gotta spleen. Dwarfs gotta eat.
Thisfox likes aquifers, olivine, Forgotten Beasts for their imagination, & dorfs for their stupidity. She prefers to consume gin & tonic. She absolutely detests Facebook.
"Urist McMason died out of pure spite to make you wonder why he was suddenly dead"
Oh god... Plump Helmet Man Mimes!

Number7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2015, 07:52:25 am »

Unsullied.

can you mark dwarves for gelding without them comitting a crime? i really want to geld myself a heap of children and grow them into unsullied now...

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2015, 08:50:15 am »

I don't think you can mark dwarves for gelding at all, unless you set something up to turn them into pets for the duration of the procedure. And even that probably wouldn't work because transforming back would heal all their injuries.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

RenoFox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2015, 09:09:22 am »

1. Soldiers
2. Weaponsmiths
3. Armorsmiths
4. Brewers
5. Cooks
6. Doctors

The reason I rate doctors so low is that the only reason I've ever seen patents die has been because of neglect, not malpractice. Soldiers are good for making epic bloodbaths, weaponsmiths and armorsmiths equipt the soldiers, and brewers and cooks keep them happy.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2015, 09:13:36 am »

actually brewers aren't THAT useful. Of course it is a truly dwarven skill but yeah.

When beer will have quality levels (and it definitely should have) it will be different. Also selling booze should be more profitable.
Pages: 1 [2] 3