Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.  (Read 9513 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG)
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2015, 12:48:28 pm »

Alright. Flying is a pain in the ass. We can pratice it later. For now, we need to extablish as base from which we can expand.

1: Find an ATM. I'm sure you have a large collection of wallets and credit/debit cards. Cash out as much as you can and store the money in hammerspace.

2: Head to the Hitman's Home and take inventory of your new dominion.

3: Allow the Warlock to write some letters and place some phonecalls explaining his absence to his organization, ensuring proper succession of his position. We want to make sure his group is still in existence when/if we decide to make use of it.

4: Gather as much information as we can from our collected minds about these organized crime sleezeballs. They have incurred our wrath by attacking our follower, and it is unlikely that society at large will miss them. They will be our first victims.

5: Once we allow him to wrap up his affairs, and inform him that we are going after his foes, ask the Warlock to lower his wards to allow for proper assimilation. We need to be at our strongest, and he could have knowledge that might allow us to be more effective at magic while bound to the mortal world.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 12:50:30 pm by Weirdsound »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2015, 01:03:44 pm »

This, we should do this....

Hey demon guy why are we still individuals?

Is our insane blend of every possible alignment. On the chaotic-order and good-evil axis just so good for you you don't need to assimilate it?
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2015, 01:11:21 pm »

Is our insane blend of every possible alignment. On the chaotic-order and good-evil axis just so good for you you don't need to assimilate it?

Well, you ex-meatsacks *are* all assimilated, but part of your identity is your individuality, so that's part of us too. I guess hypothetically we'll all... fade into eachother eventually, as some of our most weak-willed group minds have already done. Comparatively you guys are pretty strong-willed, which is why you manage to get a say in how we do things.
Still though, keep in mind that i get the *most* say, so i'm not exactly gonna let you all push me around and make me establish human utopia or some garbage, i've got my pride. As is though i'm content to follow your suggestions, i get kinda lazy so i'm not too keen on doing *everything*.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2015, 01:19:09 pm »

Well, you ex-meatsacks *are* all assimilated, but part of your identity is your individuality, so that's part of us too. I guess hypothetically we'll all... fade into eachother eventually, as some of our most weak-willed group minds have already done. Comparatively you guys are pretty strong-willed, which is why you manage to get a say in how we do things.
Still though, keep in mind that i get the *most* say, so i'm not exactly gonna let you all push me around and make me establish human utopia or some garbage, i've got my pride. As is though i'm content to follow your suggestions, i get kinda lazy so i'm not too keen on doing *everything*.

Fine by me, but keep in mind we are going to need a bit of benovlance or reward for our followers/subjects if we intend to take over the world, or at least forge our own dark kingdom...

We are going to have a dark kingdom right?

....but yea. If the only reward for following us and our every command is constant oppression and slave labor we are not going to have many subjects...
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2015, 01:23:25 pm »

Alright. Flying is a pain in the ass. We can pratice it later. For now, we need to extablish as base from which we can expand.

1: Find an ATM. I'm sure you have a large collection of wallets and credit/debit cards. Cash out as much as you can and store the money in hammerspace.

3: Allow the Warlock to write some letters and place some phonecalls explaining his absence to his organization, ensuring proper succession of his position. We want to make sure his group is still in existence when/if we decide to make use of it.

4: Gather as much information as we can from our collected minds about these organized crime sleezeballs. They have incurred our wrath by attacking our follower, and it is unlikely that society at large will miss them. They will be our first victims.

5: Once we allow him to wrap up his affairs, and inform him that we are going after his foes, ask the Warlock to lower his wards to allow for proper assimilation. We need to be at our strongest, and he could have knowledge that might allow us to be more effective at magic while bound to the mortal world.

Assume human form before we start these. Otherwise I +1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2015, 02:26:44 pm »

Assume human form before we start these. Otherwise I +1
A different human form than the one we've decided to use.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2015, 02:30:43 pm »

Let's Start a Cult!

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2015, 04:13:54 pm »

Fine by me, but keep in mind we are going to need a bit of benovlance or reward for our followers/subjects if we intend to take over the world, or at least forge our own dark kingdom...

We are going to have a dark kingdom right?

....but yea. If the only reward for following us and our every command is constant oppression and slave labor we are not going to have many subjects...

Yeah sure. Whatever means best meet the goal right?

Taking the appearance of a rather generic looking human you do what you can to scare yourself up an ATM. After some consultation from the minds and memories within yourself you conclude that you could not possibly withdraw the full savings of your many members, but that is certainly not the worst of problems one could have. It takes you some time, but you manage to find an atm with relatively few people around, and you spend some time cashing out five hundred dollars at a time from various accounts. It doesn't take you long to get about seventy-thousand dollars in cash stored away, at which point you speed away from what will surely have already garnered some sort of suspicion.

With that task done with for now, you head for "home". It takes you several hours of walking into a seedy part of town, but luckily you find yourself unhassled, and you reach the apartment unhindered. Once inside, you take stock of the man's home. It's not exactly grimy, but not clean either. The boxes of take-out food and empty beer bottles scatter about attest to the bachelor lifestyle of the apartment's former occupant. One Kitchen with various kitchen supplies, a living room with television, desktop computer and couch, a bathroom complete with a medicine cabinet well-stocked with pain killers and allergy medicine, a bedroom with twin sized bed, various clothing, and... a low caliber hunting rifle for some reason. Everything here is in decent condition, though none of it is exactly new, and the walls seem basically paper thin from what you can hear of the neighbors.
As you remember it this guys name was Alex Fletcher, currently unemployed, making money doing jobs for his cousin in organized crime.

With that done, you allow Mr. Warlock (an Obediah Lancaster) to call some of the shots for a bit. He spends about an hour on his cellphone, making calls to his people assuring them that he's fine, but that there is important business he needs to see to. He gives a few orders, sends a few people on a couple of assignments, but mostly he's just making sure that his fledgling operation isn't blown over by a strong wind.

While he's doing that, you gather intel from the collective. The thugs sent to kill Obediah know the most about your potential target. They call themselves the Crimson. They deal in weapons and drugs, both mundane and magical in nature, and they try to stay classy. Code of honor, always dress nice, real white-collar scum-bags once you get into their higher ranks. They push around a lot of the smaller gangs in the city, who either answer to them or get steamrolled. There are two other organizations in the city that they don't get along with, in addition to the legitimate authorities. There's the Triad, real old-world types those guys. They're smugglers, assassins, and they trade in connections to the sorts of big bads that humans probably shouldn't even talk about. There's also the "Organization", nobody here seems to know what they're after or what they even call themselves, but they butt their way into things seemingly on whim, and they're far from friendly with any of the local crime, or even really the cops if their penchant for collateral damage says anything.

Despite your assurances that your goals align, Obadiah is still hesitant to drop his wards. Figures. Well, they won't last forever, and now that he cant leech off of your access to the pretty much limitless energy of hell he has no way of charging them back up as they degrade. Course if you still did have access to that kind of power you could just break his wards down anyway.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2015, 05:18:48 pm »

We got any genius' here? Or are you a genius do to being a powerful extra dimensional being? Or can we use all this brain matter to make a biological computer? Anything like that?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2015, 06:13:10 pm »

We got any genius' here? Or are you a genius do to being a powerful extra dimensional being? Or can we use all this brain matter to make a biological computer? Anything like that?

Am i smart? Well, yeah. But you gotta understand that before now i was operating under a whole different set of rules. My Home-Dimension works *way* differently than this one, and it requires some getting used to. I'm picking it up quickly, but i'm also like... not incredible well educated on how this place works, and i've got pretty much just you guys to give me context, which only goes so far when i picked you all up from a friggen shopping mall food court.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2015, 06:13:55 pm »

Search our minds for inside information that some of the smaller gangs being pushed around by the Crimson may find useful, and for contacts within those organizations to give that information to. We want them loyal to us when the Crimson falls, or perhaps even before that.

Flip on the news, and follow accounts of the Shopping Center Incident. We should be curious as to what the public knows.

Check to see if any of the minds we are composed of would know where to get a car. Get a car, either donated from an assimilated mind or purchased used out of the classified ads with cash.

Probe the minds for a good, open, empty spot to practice flight, drive there, and spend the necessary time to practice flying as both an inconspicuous bird and a combat capable flying monster. We don't need to eat or nothing, so make sure the bills on our house are paid and spend as many days doing this as needed. Make sure Obediah gets to check in with his group every few days.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2015, 06:53:24 pm »

Search our minds for inside information that some of the smaller gangs being pushed around by the Crimson may find useful, and for contacts within those organizations to give that information to. We want them loyal to us when the Crimson falls, or perhaps even before that.

Flip on the news, and follow accounts of the Shopping Center Incident. We should be curious as to what the public knows.

Check to see if any of the minds we are composed of would know where to get a car. Get a car, either donated from an assimilated mind or purchased used out of the classified ads with cash.

Probe the minds for a good, open, empty spot to practice flight, drive there, and spend the necessary time to practice flying as both an inconspicuous bird and a combat capable flying monster. We don't need to eat or nothing, so make sure the bills on our house are paid and spend as many days doing this as needed. Make sure Obediah gets to check in with his group every few days.

+1

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2015, 08:01:45 pm »

Order a kindle or the like on the internet and get a shitload of textbooks. Cramming sucks but being smarter than everyone else doesn't.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2015, 12:48:48 pm »

Checking the news coverage is a simple enough task, so you see to that first. Turning on the television you flip through a few channels until you reach the local news channel. It's been hours now since the incident, but the news world is still abuzz. The consensus seems to be terrorist attack, and curiously there is no mention of a great bone plated monster emerging out of the rubble. Surely you were caught on camera? Rescue efforts are currently underway, but few survivors have been found.
You suppose that 300 (and twelve at last count) people could not have encompassed the entire population of such a large structure, so it's likely that many bodies will be found, with a distinctive lack from the portion of the building you emerged from. You can't imagine that many survived, the shockwave that destroyed the building, followed by the crush of rubble *and* an electromagnetic pulse rippling through the building to top it off? You sure made an entrance. It looks like the federal government is using this as a springboard for increased militarization of police and defence forces. There's general national outrage, and it's being used by many politicians to feed support for a crackdown they had already been pushing for.

As you take in the trickle of information the vain newscasters provide you seach the collective for information, particularly information about the Crimson's enemies, but also anything else that might be relevant. Sadly the low level mooks within you have little knowledge of the intricacies of high level gang politics, but they do know of a few small organizations that chafe under the jurisdiction of the Crimson. The Nightcrawlers are a group mostly consisting of reformed street punks and would-be vigilantes. Guess they have a particular hate on for most under the purview of the creepy and the crawly, and get their rocks off hunting and killing vicious warlocks and monsters. The Crimson let them stick around because it gives them a tool to get rid of loose cannons by feeding the Nightcrawlers a set of breadcrumbs right to them. There's also the Mastiff's, a conglomerate of an older biker gang and a collection of smaller local groups with high ambition but few resources. There are whispers that the Crimson plan on crushing them eventually, but they seem content to let be for now, in exchange for the customary tribute.

After you've gleaned what you can from the rather repetitive news cycle, you turn on Alex's computer, a several year old desktop that makes a concerning whirring sound as you boot it up. Alex doesn't bother with the paper, and you're too lazy to hunt for one, so you check online for a suitable vehicle. You would simply take one of the vehicles of your collective members, but you doubt that a seemingly stolen vehicle would help you lie low. Finding a site that very much resembles the classified section of the paper, you begin your hunt.

Ugh, Kijiji, what a stupid name.

You find some promising leads for suitable vehicles sold by people in the same part of the city. A variety of slightly aged pickups, cars, vans and s.u.v's. Now there is only the matter of deciding which you want, and arriving to pay for it. As you chew over that much, you also look into the possibility of ordering an ereader and acquiring large numbers of e-books. You would need to find a way to secure funds online without arousing too much suspicion, but it's an attractive possibility. Additionally, you slip an envelope full of cash under the door of Alex's landlord, paying both the rent he was behind on (not insignificant for an in-frugal unemployed bachelor) as well as the current month's rent to be sure. 

Now to consider finding a place to practice flight privately. It would be a simple matter to find a park, eat some more birds, and practice flight as a variety of conventional animals, but it would be another matter entirely to find a place where you could privately practice flight as a monster of the skies. Considering that Dark-Gate is a veritable metropolis with nary a truly rural area for quite some ways around you would need to go on a road trip. That's worth considering, as is precisely what sort of vehicle you would like to purchase.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2015, 03:45:32 pm »

Just go to a park and practice birding. If we can fly long distance we likely won't need a car.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9