Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.  (Read 9473 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.
« on: March 18, 2015, 06:33:50 pm »

Oof. Well that one fuckin HURT. Fortunatly though, you always have just the right thing ready when someone else has the upper ha-

Or, wait. It would seem that you no longer have hands to reach that particular macguffin. This isn't good, your senses got all jumbled up by that last blast of energy, and you're going to have to respond quickly if you don't want to get wiped the fuck OUT. That's what you get for tangling with those upper echelon heavenly pricks you suppose.

You would open your eyes, but it seems you no longer have any of those anymore either. Oh wait, scratch that, you have about six-hundred of them. Apparently. How did that happen exactly?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 02:18:03 am by Mlamlah »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons: Crime in a Human Metropolis (SG)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 08:39:09 pm »

Opening your (many) eyes you find yourself in the midst of collapsed rubble, including steel, concrete and glass. And, holy fuck, are those hundreds of flailing limbs? Are those hundreds of *your* flailing limbs? Taking stock through your many eyes you find that you've taken the form of a roiling mass of squirming, struggling human bodies, many of which seem to be not totally under your control.

If you wern't so fricken confused you would be quite pleased with how deliciously fucked up this is.

As the seconds sluggishly go by you begin to piece together both mentally and physically. The confused mess that is your body begins to slowly fuse together more coherently, and as it does you gain better control of all of these little pieces of yourself. Including the *brains* of all those little pieces of yourself. Memory, and the sentient burble of mortal thought joins with you. Holy Shit! These arn't just bodies that you willed into existence during some kind of seizure of will, these were real people! And now... now these people are part of you, who was once a demon of the higher order! Not that you are that any longer, no, now you are some freak of supernature, neither demon nor mortal. Your body must have been destroyed, your essence cast adrift into the ether, only to reform... here, on a wholly physical plane. But a being of the higher order cannot exist in a physical plane without a body, so you must have... claimed these, who were already here, without realizing it. Holy Fuck.

So now what? You can't stay like this, a mass of meat and bone being crushed by the weight of a... a shopping center? Really? Such a public place doesn't bode well, you may draw dangerous attention. Then again, you are pretty dangerous yourself.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG)
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 08:22:17 am »

Magic the f**k out of there!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 08:36:47 am »

All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 09:09:04 am »

Magic the f**k out of there!

"Heh. Good to see some of your puny little mortal minds think like i do. Or... maybe that should be a blow to my pride? Fuck i don't know."

Whatever. You've gotta get out of here, a simple blast of energy should do the trick in clearing this rubble. You flex that inner muscle that lets you tap into the energy around you. Traditionally you've had plenty in the way of ether and hellfire to draw on, so it's mildly surprising when instead of the raw rippling power of your home you're treated to the weak petering strength of electricity blasting out from your body.

Shit, you forgot about that. You're so used to having a limitless supply of energy to draw on that you forgot that your power draws on whatever is immediately on hand. Guess you must have tapped into the local power grid or something. Still, that electromagnetic pulse knocked away a lot of the clutter crowding around you for the moment, giving you the room to move around. Well, as much as a mass of tiny limbs can move around. Unfortunately you probably knocked out the local power grid with that, so you won't be able to it again before the structure shifts back on top of you again.

Pretty much the only asset you have available is this mass of bone and meat, which you suppose you could probably shift and change at will. In fact, if you really wanted to you could probably use your state of superposition to sort of... store a lot of this mass. Course the usefulness of that particular trick is sort of limited in getting out of this particular situation.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 09:34:36 am »

Human muscles are not very compressed, various animals can pull far more strength from same volume of muscle. So compress your muscles as much as you can, compress and move bone around to have both endo- and exoskeleton. I suppose you can magic rest of the flesh into compressed form as well?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:35 pm »

Human muscles are not very compressed, various animals can pull far more strength from same volume of muscle. So compress your muscles as much as you can, compress and move bone around to have both endo- and exoskeleton. I suppose you can magic rest of the flesh into compressed form as well?

"Yup, you guys were pretty wimpy, good thing i came along to set us on the path to greatness eh? Hell, a lot of these internal organs are digestive, and therefore pretty useless to us for the moment, so i can put all that tissue to better use. We're still gonna need blood and oxygen flow though, so we might have to get creative."

You begin to attend to the work of shifting and compressing muscle, and moving and merging bone and other tissues. It's slower and more exhaustive work than you would like, so you lack the time to be creative or elegant in design. Creating a protective exoskeleton is the hardest part, so much bone is difficult to fuse and work, and you don't have large reservoirs of energy to speed the process. With time and effort though, you manage to form the bone into thick plates, and between the gaps of those plates you place thick reservoirs of skin, to protect the enhanced muscle beneath, as well as many human mouths and nostrils, to intake air. It's *extremely* inefficient as far as oxygen is concerned, and the hundreds of beating hearts don't make the most efficient pumping system either, but it's what's easiest for this moment. As for your endoskeleton, the exterior bone plates have necessitated skimping out on that a bit, the bones you've made are hollow, much like a birds, but they will do so long as they either don't suffer too much strain or you have the energy and time to wilfully repair them as they break. When you are finished you resemble a horrifying huge human beetle, though your only potential form of locomotion for now is the shifting and wriggling of your bone plates.

The structure is shifting again, if you have any more changes to accomplish you ought to make them fast, likewise for any proactive plan of escape.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 12:23:24 pm »

Make some legs on the bottom side and get the hell out.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 01:03:25 pm »

Legs are impractical at our size and weight(I'm pretty sure a group of 300 people is several times bigger than an Elephant), especially with that exoskeleton.

> Wriggling is probably nearly the best we can do with our current body setyp, so take it a step further and make something like a snail foot for use in locomotion, it seems appropriate since we already have a "snail shell". Hopefully simpler and thus easier and faster than legs. Use locomotion to escape building.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:08:36 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 01:12:53 pm »

Make some legs on the bottom side and get the hell out.

"Too late to get the hell out of us, y'know what they say, home is where the heart is. I think we should get out of this decrepit shopping mall though, everything seems to be closed."

You make room for a new "underside" by absorbing a few of your bone plates, and use that bone to give structure to the crude meaty stumps you've formed as legs. Eight little stubby legs to be precise, spiders are in the vogue right?

Then, crudely, with all of the brute strength you can muster you begin to dig upwards through the debris. Wriggling, using your plates for much of your forward movement, and your legs to gain purchase and keep you from falling back through the jagged remains of this human structure. As it is the glass and steel is already opening holes in the exposed weakness of your body, causing you to leak precious blood. It's not hard to close those holes as you climb, but new tears are always being formed. It's made all the worse by the occassional shift in debris, causing the mass of dense material to smash into you from time to time. In places it's even enough to cause cracks to ripple through your crude exoskeleton.

Soon though you emerge from the top of the heap, victorious over this first trash heap of a challenge. Your eyes don't give you the best view, as they are either receded further into your body or relegated to whatever bits of exterior flesh you have, the cracks in your armor and your little stubbly legs for one. You do however seem to be in the thick of a city, Darkgate from what the chorus of new inner voices tell you, a den of iniquity and vice. Already, overhead, you spy the blades of a helicopter whirring in the morning sun, and the tops of high rise structures only a scant few blocks away.

Well, hiding your existence from humanity is probably no longer an option, but that doesn't mean that *hiding* is entirely off the table. One particular voice is already suggesting a safehouse, a warehouse recently bought and empty. Or perhaps you could show the little humans of this city the true extent of your might. Maybe even a little of both?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 01:29:32 pm »

It's cool, I was proven right though, those legs suck. Given that we don't seem to be very fast currently, and our large size, trying to get to a hiding place is pretty useless since we'll get tracked down before we can get out of sight. That said we do need some quiet time to take stock of our current situation and make a better body instead of the makeshift mess we're currently using. Maybe we can go invisible with magic?

> Reabsorb legs, make snail foot instead. Try to tap into the earth's magnetosphere, or solar radiation, if possible to fuel our magic, go invisible and travel to the ware/safehouse. Alternatively: If going invisible is not possible, make a loud flashy explosion or something similar with magic or a jury-rigged bombardier beetle like setup at the top of body, aimed away from the direction we're sneaking off in, to draw off investigators, while we adjust surface layer colours as best possible to blend in with the environment to avoid attention, sort of chameleon like.

EDIT: Random thought, how feasible would shifting into a ball-form and just rolling around be? Seems like that'd theoretically be the fastest form we could take.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:39:41 pm by Demonic Spoon »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 01:38:01 pm »

It's cool, I was proven right though, those legs suck. Given that we don't seem to be very fast currently, and our large size, trying to get to a hiding place is pretty useless since we'll get tracked down before we can get out of sight. That said we do need some quiet time to take stock of our current situation and make a better body instead of the makeshift mess we're currently using. Maybe we can go invisible with magic?

> Reabsorb legs, make snail foot instead. Try to tap into the earth's magnetosphere, or solar radiation, if possible to fuel our magic, go invisible and travel to the ware/safehouse. Alternatively: If going invisible is not possible, make a loud flashy explosion or something similar with magic or a jury-rigged bombardier beetle like setup at the top of body, aimed away from the direction we're sneaking off in, to draw off investigators, while we adjust surface layer colours as best possible to blend in with the environment to avoid attention, sort of chameleon like.
This

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 02:01:17 pm »

EDIT: Random thought, how feasible would shifting into a ball-form and just rolling around be? Seems like that'd theoretically be the fastest form we could take.

Oof. While i'm not against exaggerating my... or i guess OUR power, i guess i should probably explain a few things. Much as that would be sick as fuck, i can't really use magic to produce effects alien to whatever kind of energy we are using as a power source. If we had some fuckin dark matter or something we could basically do whatever the fuck we wanted, but as is if we used say... light, we'd be limited to using that light to cause a light related effect. With all the noise of the city we could probably use that and the light to like... make a fuckin flashbang or something, but unless you've got any other neat ideas on how to use light that's about it. I guess it would be *possible* to become invisible just by bending light, but i'd probably need to practice or brush up on the math or *something* first. I can't really change the colours of all of this tissue though, you guys didn't really have any abilities of the sort when i hijacked your bodies, and i'm kind of limited to the capabilities of your tissues.

But hey, if all you're looking to do is blend in, i exist in a state of fourth dimensional superposition, so now so do you. We're kind of limited by the fact we need a physical vessel to like... keep existing here, but it's possible to cause the largest portion of our mass to also exist in that same state. Basically we're not forced to use all of the material we have to work with at once, we could make our effective mass small enough to remain undetected,or even make ourselves up to look like one of these human schlubs. It... might even be a good idea to bank some of our biomatter even if we don't want to do either of those, y'know, just in case somebody decides to bomb the shit out of us, it might be nice to not be forced to exist as a puddle of gore for a while.

As for a ball shape? Fuck yeah i can do that. Balls are easy, wheels too.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 02:11:42 pm »

Oh, okay. That simplifies, and complicates things. So we store the extra mass in superimposed time? IIRC the fourth dimension is time.

> Assume human form. Acquire/steal clothes somehow. Go to safehouse.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:13:13 pm by Demonic Spoon »

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 02:34:26 pm »

ptw
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9