Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.  (Read 9469 times)

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG)
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2015, 04:47:59 pm »

Wait. How fast can we deposit/withdraw flesh? I may have an idea.
Go on...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2015, 06:05:14 pm »

Go on...

...this sounds good evil...I like it
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2015, 09:17:53 pm »

Go on...
We've seen that we can absorb non-assimilated matter that is contained within our mass with the bird, which was still alive when we consumed it. In addition, we created the mouth mid-jump, implying that the rate is at least fast enough to create a 40cm mouth in a near instant.

If our rate of exchange is fast enough, it might be possible to use it offensively at close range, quickly expanding around something before retracting it all back, including whatever we surrounded, entombing it in our stored mass. It may not be excessively useful, but it should allow for a relatively quiet and clean way of taking someone's form and mind without having to actually fight them.

If our rate of expansion remains the same regardless of distance from our center of mass, it could even be possible to 'grow' a very thin fiber until the tip is directly below somebody before consuming them, permitting a longer-range attack at the cost of having to create the tendril in-place.

Lastly, if the rate is even faster, it could even be possible to grow tendrils throughout a room and then attack all at once, cleanly capturing an entire room of people without even a trace.

Of course, this all depends on how fast the rate is, though a similar strategy could be used to immobilize an opponent in a one-on-one fight by grasping individual limbs, then assimilating everything.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:20:41 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2015, 09:47:05 pm »

Try suggested actions.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2015, 02:28:15 am »

I got an idea to get the Mastiffs on our side fairly quickly.

Step 1: Tell the Warlock's men to accept the Crimson's offer when it comes. Mr. Lancaster will still be secretly calling the shots for us behind the scenes of course...

Step 2: Take the form of a Crimson Gang Member who is known to have disappeared in the Shopping Center incident and who would be recognized by at least some of the Mastiffs.

Step 3: Visit Mastiff HQ and play dead. The appearance of a Fresh Corpse that should have died 10 days ago under mysterious circumstances should get their attention. Carry a note that reads 'The Forces Behind the Shopping Center Incident beg an audience with the leader of the Mastiffs. Bring this corpse, and one person you wouldn't mind turning into a corpse, to [appointed place] at [appointed time].'

Step 4a: While in play dead/survielence mode, observe the Mastiffs.

Step 4b: If the Mastiffs do as you say, stop pretending and stand up when brought to the appointed place. Explain who and what you truly are, and prove this by changing forms a few times, and gruesomely killing/eating whichever poor sod they bring to feed to you. Explain to the Mastiffs that the Warlock's men are actually under your control, and that you plan on using them to backstab the crimson. Tell the Mastiffs leader that if he agrees to help in this endeavor, he will be given 40% of the Crimson's Assets, and that if he swears fealty to us that he can have everything that belongs to the Crimsons once you are victorious.

Step 4c: If anything goes wrong, we react accordingly by killing everything in our path and/or flying away as appropriate.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 02:30:17 am by Weirdsound »

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2015, 08:56:20 am »

Step 1: Tell the Warlock's men to accept the Crimson's offer when it comes. Mr. Lancaster will still be secretly calling the shots for us behind the scenes of course...

Step 2: Take the form of a Crimson Gang Member who is known to have disappeared in the Shopping Center incident and who would be recognized by at least some of the Mastiffs.

Step 3: Visit Mastiff HQ and play dead. The appearance of a Fresh Corpse that should have died 10 days ago under mysterious circumstances should get their attention. Carry a note that reads 'The Forces Behind the Shopping Center Incident beg an audience with the leader of the Mastiffs. Bring this corpse, and one person you wouldn't mind turning into a corpse, to [appointed place] at [appointed time].'

Step 4b: If the Mastiffs do as you say, stop pretending and stand up when brought to the appointed place. Explain who and what you truly are, and prove this by changing forms a few times, and gruesomely killing/eating whichever poor sod they bring to feed to you. Explain to the Mastiffs that the Warlock's men are actually under your control, and that you plan on using them to backstab the crimson. Tell the Mastiffs leader that if he agrees to help in this endeavor, he will be given 40% of the Crimson's Assets, and that if he swears fealty to us that he can have everything that belongs to the Crimsons once you are victorious.

Step 4c: If anything goes wrong, we react accordingly by killing everything in our path and/or flying away as appropriate.

+1

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2015, 09:12:42 am »

+1

+1

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2015, 09:20:39 am »

+1

+1

Ooo... Devious... +1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2015, 01:27:46 pm »

Is our only source of magical knowledge the warlock? Like do we do magic or did we just brute force our way through stuff? Or is that what magic is?

"All magic has to have a source of energy. Here, in this world, nearly all sources of energy lack metaphysical properties, and so are limited to their sphere of influence. Real magical power comes in the form of energies from other planes, the creatures of beyond, and the creatures of the old world. I'm a lot more used to *giving* energies to the warlocks of this world than in shaping those energies, though no better time to learn than the present i suppose. "

Stuff about rate of body growth.
That's good thinking. We can build simple structures incredibly quickly, within a figurative blink of an eye if we're really just making a shape, more complex structures require a lot more time and effort however. It's also worth noting that we're still limited based on the materials at out disposal, which are delicate when used in small amounts, both in that they can be easily severed and damaged, and that they are subject to certain mortal needs, such as blood flow.This technique *could* be quite useful in combat with unprepared humans, however the stealing of a *mind* is a little more difficult than it might seem. You poor bastards are a special case, i possessed the lot of you, but for us to dig into the minds of another human would require either magic or some sort of... biological interface. Which we might be able to create ourselves if we learn about and practice the manipulation of human brains.

With a plan in mind you begin the drive back to Dark-Gate. On the trip, you have Obediah call his own people, to tell them to acquiesce to any demands of allegiance that the Crimson might make of them, but to also keep in mind that Obediah is still their true leader. He willingly if somewhat hesitantly agrees, curious as to your plans.
Once you arrive at the city you stow away your vehicle in an appropriate location, and then, take a taxi to reach the area where one of the chief members of the Mastiff's makes his residence. Preparing your note, and taking the appearance of the most well known of the hitmen, with his wallet in your pocket you march directly onto the property of the noted gang-leader and collapse behind his fence. For good measure, you include a number of bodily ruptures and dozens of superficial wounds as part of your disguise, for all intents and purposed you will have seemed to be dead for some time. You maintain as little blood and oxygen flow as necessary. An autopsy might blow your disguise, but beyond that you highly doubt anyone will see past it.

It takes the better part of the day before you are found. You hear voices discussing the matter of your appearance, and soon you are turned over and searched. Occassionally you form surreptitious little eyes to make note of those around you, and to observe as they deal with you. A half dozen men all told, discuss what to do with you. One, fearful of reprisal by the authorities suggests that you are turned over to them, and another suggests turning you over to the crimson. They don't argue long, as the oldest of the group passes a wad of cash over to one of the others, and tells him to take you to "the witch doctor, for questioning".

Soon you are stuffed into a duffel bag and dumped onto what you guess to be the back of a truck, which whirs into motion, likely to take you to this "witch doctor".

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:36 pm »

Plan:

Step 1: Consult collected Crimson minds to see if this witch doctor is the leader of the Mastiffs. If the answer is 'no', and I'm guessing that it is, use sharp body parts (spawning new ones if needed) to make the smallest possible incision in the Duffelbag that we can peek out of.

Step 2a: If we are in cab of a vehicle with only one other person, burst free of the bag to slaughter and eat the poor sod.

Step 2b: If we are alone in an open air truckbed, tear ourselves a hole big enough to escape in bird form. Stalk the vehicle in Bird Form. Wait until you have the opportunity to swoop down on a lone Mastiff. Do so, killing and eating him.

Step 2c: If we cannot escape undetected, and there is more than one Mastiff around, take a tiny form to avoid detection, and observe what happens when they arrive at their destination and open the duffelbag.

Step 3ab: If we managed to escape undetected and consume a Mastiff, purchase and consume several gallons of gasoline and an ignition source, so that we have a trump card for what happens next.

Step 4ab: Return to Mastiff HQ the following day. Take the form of the Mastiff we ate, and play dead once more with a new note. 'The Forces Behind the Shopping Center Incident Demands an audience with the leader of the Mastiffs. Not the Cops. Not the Crimson. Not the Which Doctor. Bring this corpse, and one person you wouldn't mind turning into a corpse, to [appointed place] at [appointed time]. This is your last chance to do things the easy way.'

Step 5ab: If the Mastiffs do as you want, give them the offer from my previous suggestion: 40% of the Crimson's Resources for their aid, 100% of the Crimson's resources for an oath of Fealty. If things go wrong, the Mastiffs are dead to us, and we have some prepared fire magic to help fight our way out of whatever corner we are put in.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2015, 06:14:13 pm »

Plan:

Step 1: Consult collected Crimson minds to see if this witch doctor is the leader of the Mastiffs. If the answer is 'no', and I'm guessing that it is, use sharp body parts (spawning new ones if needed) to make the smallest possible incision in the Duffelbag that we can peek out of.

Step 2a: If we are in cab of a vehicle with only one other person, burst free of the bag to slaughter and eat the poor sod.

Step 2b: If we are alone in an open air truckbed, tear ourselves a hole big enough to escape in bird form. Stalk the vehicle in Bird Form. Wait until you have the opportunity to swoop down on a lone Mastiff. Do so, killing and eating him.

Step 2c: If we cannot escape undetected, and there is more than one Mastiff around, take a tiny form to avoid detection, and observe what happens when they arrive at their destination and open the duffelbag.

Step 3ab: If we managed to escape undetected and consume a Mastiff, purchase and consume several gallons of gasoline and an ignition source, so that we have a trump card for what happens next.

Step 4ab: Return to Mastiff HQ the following day. Take the form of the Mastiff we ate, and play dead once more with a new note. 'The Forces Behind the Shopping Center Incident Demands an audience with the leader of the Mastiffs. Not the Cops. Not the Crimson. Not the Which Doctor. Bring this corpse, and one person you wouldn't mind turning into a corpse, to [appointed place] at [appointed time]. This is your last chance to do things the easy way.'

Step 5ab: If the Mastiffs do as you want, give them the offer from my previous suggestion: 40% of the Crimson's Resources for their aid, 100% of the Crimson's resources for an oath of Fealty. If things go wrong, the Mastiffs are dead to us, and we have some prepared fire magic to help fight our way out of whatever corner we are put in.

I like it.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2015, 06:28:33 pm »

Plan:

I like it.
Especially since we can go single celled.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2015, 03:35:05 am »

Plan:

I like it.
Weirdsound, you are a genius when it comes to "diplomacy".

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 28, 2015, 09:43:03 am »

Plan:

I like it.
Weirdsound, you are a genius when it comes to "diplomacy".
*applause*
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2015, 12:42:02 pm »

I don't think we can have functional vision and hearing if we go single celled, which kinda makes observing them hard.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9