Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Divinity or Democracy (SG)  (Read 1189 times)

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
Divinity or Democracy (SG)
« on: March 17, 2015, 08:36:51 pm »

King Lothaire of Ascalon has sat on his throne for almost a century now. He is 95 years old and passing fast with his only two off spring at his death bed accompanied by the Chaiplan Gumont and Queen Julie. The passing is being taken in by all but the two children of Lothaire have never liked each other, always trying to one up each other in all competitons. One is next in line for the throne clearly chosen none other than by the king himself and the laws to which to protect this childs inheritance. The other however has decided that they will not let their brother take the throne and seeks now to abolish it. This other child wants to create a parliament free of the crowns rule and fit to govern the country as it sees fit.

On the outside the Holy Imperium of Gustandor waits patiently to see how strong Ascalon will be should it descend into instability or even civil war. The Kings children  have always been loved equally by both parents despite the inheritance laws and the Queen Julie herself begs them both to reconsider their disagreements. But they have have both refused for one reason or another. Whether this disagreement will lead to war or just political flanking no one can say yet. But your mother has made it clear she will never see either of you killed or thrown in prison if she can help it. However, she is not a regent and cannot decide anyone's faith especially that of these two Titans. Nor can she do much more than cry or beg as they leave their now expired father.

The winds of change are blowing...

Okay, so we are going to have TWO characters being accepted into this game (if goes through that is). One will be the King or Queen and the other will lead a political organization to create a democracy. The characters will have:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity or Democracy (SG)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 09:39:10 pm »

I wont join, I dont have enough time, but this looks pretty cool. PTW.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:42:45 pm »

It is an SG, a Suggestion Game, meaning you don't have to take any time or "join" per say. Basically, it is a group game where everyone posts action ideas and votes what to do. You don't have to post every time, and can leave or join whenever you feel like it.

I don't have any ideas though  :-\. Just explaining to the new guy.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 09:45:12 pm »

It is an SG, a Suggestion Game, meaning you don't have to take any time or "join" per say. Basically, it is a group game where everyone posts action ideas and votes what to do. You don't have to post every time, and can leave or join whenever you feel like it.

I don't have any ideas though  :-\. Just explaining to the new guy.
*facepalm*

I thought it was a roleplay... I'll post a guy soon...

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 09:50:32 pm »

Name: Harold
Background: Tactics and Charisma

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 10:23:49 pm »

Okay good. Will Harold be King or Radical? Either way we'll need one more.

Btw it CAN be female players...or another dude that's fine.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 10:37:29 pm »

I cant come up with female names...

Lets wait until we get the other guy to see who is King and who is Radical.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2015, 02:59:15 am »

Name: Alexina
Background: Logistics and Charisma(Because what else are going to have in a leader?)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2015, 08:26:07 am »

Name: Alexina
Background: Logistics and Charisma(Because what else are going to have in a leader?)

((Okay then, lets vote on who you guys want to be monarch and who you want to be radical. I encourage making any kind of backstory for either of these fellows but remmeber once we've set who we want for those roles we choose which role we want to play.

The Radical will lead fellow likeminded people, some nobles included, to create a democracy stronger than the Monarch. While the Monarch will try to keep hold of power and try to stamp out the radical group.

All the while enemies of the nation in general will cause problems for the Ascalon and the characters.))