Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70643 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Forced drinking
« Reply #510 on: September 01, 2015, 05:33:53 am »

I'd always be up for more macro-scale games, such as the start of this one. Could potentially reboot it, maybe give a bit more incentive for the players to compete against one another? And have more players as well?

What incentive would be required? All you really need is to have your own agenda and make use of what RNG gives you. For example in this round SaberToothTiger had a plan to use his fanatic engineers and mercs to take over ark-ships during apocalypse, which was going fine until he got arrested.

More players won't be problem if there's enough sheets and active players.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 05:35:32 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Reboot? Cast your opinion.
« Reply #511 on: September 01, 2015, 06:55:58 am »

I'd rather continue it, but if your heart's not in it, then maybe not.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Reboot? Cast your opinion.
« Reply #512 on: September 01, 2015, 02:46:33 pm »

Hmm, maybe if I expand player position to include politicians, crime lords, oil princes, bankers... That would probably give people wider range of motives, agendas and reasons to compete.

I think I'll do that. Gonna need some time to prepare money handling better than last time.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Apocalypse How - Rebooted. Claim your position of power.
« Reply #513 on: September 02, 2015, 03:05:13 pm »

You

You are an influential and very rich person, one of 100 richest people on the world. A business magnate maybe, or a crime lord, politician, royalty, banker? Doesn't matter. You gained riches on your own ways, and faced financial hardships, but with help of powerful man you survived and flourished even. Now life is good, you have money. You have power.

Your evening/morning/meeting/traveling or what ever you were doing at the time, is rudely interrupted when you suddenly find yourself being entirely somewhere else. You are in a small room with few other. You have been here before.

The Room

The room is decorated with expensive antique furniture and some very valuable paintings and other art. You recognize the room because of those pieces of art, in particular that one you gifted to owner of this room. In this room you find few other well dressed men and women who are looking around with equal suprise. You recognize some of them. The circle of powerful people on top of world is not very big after all.

Your attention is bought to glowing multi colored sphere, size of basket ball, hovering in midair. It constantly changes colors and patterns in rather hypnotic manner. It is highly unusual item, one you have never seen before, and certainly not style of owner of this room. Then you move your gaze down on the man below the sphere, The Oracle.

The Oracle

The Oracle, by real name Mihael Andersson, is well known amongst richest people, but completely unknown to those below. His fame comes from his unbeatable business sense which he uses only to help people in middle of their financial crisis. Of course he requests rather big payment for his service, but it is always well worth it. You know this because you used his guidance during your hardships.

He is older man, sporting stylish suit, silvery hair and van dyke style beard. He is sitting on a lavish chair, and looking you in completely serious manner.

"Greetings. I offer my deepest apologies for such sudden and unusual invitation, but I had to act as soon as I knew what to do. Please, do take a seat. We have much to discuss."

The Game

This borrows title from TV Trope Apocalypse How. Read it and you'll have a fair idea of what to expect. Remember to come back, because that site will steal your soul.

Two major phases here are talking and preparation.
In talking phase you'll mostly talk with each other of how to tackle the problem.
In preparation phase you use your resources and influence to do things you believe are best for survival of mankind. Or survival of your power.

Money is quite important and useful depending on how you use it. Investing extra money on a task grants you roll bonus from table of 19 different bonus type depending how much you invest. Roll bonuses start from simple elimination of critical failure and end in automatic overshoot. How much money is needed to get specific level of bonus, you ask? The answer is "I don't know". I decide that case by case. Too little and you don't get any bonus. Too much and you end up with overshoot.

Try to avoid bankruptcy before the end comes.

Sheet:

Let's start with the sheet.

Name:
Sex: Humans have only two.
Role: Corporate CEO, crime lord, politician, oil prince, head of secret organization, or something of equal power.
Description of power: Describe source of your money deeper here. For CEO name of company and what it produces. For crime lord and secret boss name of your organization and what it does. Politician might want name his party/position and country. And so on.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Rebooted. Claim your position of power.
« Reply #514 on: September 02, 2015, 04:08:37 pm »

Van Relsing
Male
Role: CEO and co founder
CEO of the cutting edge aerospace company Icarus skies. Producer if jets and jet accessories. Specifically a design and production firm working on producing private and commercial jets. Has several child companies that work on manufacturing certain parts and have been known in the past to help bail each other out. Each company has a bit of stock of every other company to make sure that one doesn't go rogue and brake away from the family. This tactic has been controversial in the past but so far the company(s) have managed to keep out of trouble.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 02, 2015, 06:20:39 pm »

Name: Sherri Jones
Sex: Female
Role: Politician
Description of power: Congresswoman of New York's 9th congressional district, in Brooklyn, Sherri has always been very influential in the gossip of the White House, and is looking to make a run for President.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 03, 2015, 08:55:55 am »

You know what? I want in again. If anyone else really wants to get in I'll step down, but I just had so much fun with this.

Name: Rosario Escobar AKA Killian Aguire.
Sex: Male.
Role: CEO of a PMC/Ex-Mercenary
Description of Power: Rosario served as a merc for fourteen years, and after some drug business involvement he emigrated to the US and after attaining a citizenship, he founded the JA13, a private military company recruiting mostly from the veterans of various latin countries such as Colombia, Mexico and the like. He himself was born in Cuba, but was expelled as a criminal during the Mariel boatlift. He has close ties to organized crime and is a bit too close to the Cuban government for most people's liking, though he was never convicted in the US, and has claimed to be only a political prisoner in his homeland.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 10:25:10 am by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 03, 2015, 12:29:42 pm »

Van Relsing
Male
CEO of the cutting edge aerospace company Icarus skies. Producer if jets and jet accessories. Specifically a design and production firm working on producing private and commercial jets. Has several child companies that work on manufacturing certain parts and have been known in the past to help bail each other out. Each company has a bit of stock of every other company to make sure that one doesn't go rogue and brake away from the family. This tactic has been controversial in the past but so far the company(s) have managed to keep out of trouble.

Good.

Description of power: Congresswoman of New York's 9th congressional district, in Brooklyn, Sherri has always been very influential in the gossip of the White House, and is looking to make a run for President.

Democratics or rebublicans? Or some other? Not sure if it matters.

You know what? I want in again. If anyone else really wants to get in I'll step down, but I just had so much fun with this.

Description of Power: Rosario served as a merc for fourteen years, and after some drug business involvement he emigrated to the US and after attaining a citizenship, he founded the JA13, a private military company recruiting mostly from the veterans of various latin countries such as Colombia, Mexico and the like. He himself was born in Cuba, but was expelled as a criminal during the Mariel boatlift. He has close ties to organized crime and is a bit too close to the Cuban government for most people's liking, though he was never convicted in the US, and has claimed to be only a political prisoner in his homeland.

No need to step down. We have only three sheets so far. I would like to double that.
So PMC stands for Private Military Company? Which is JA13?
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 03, 2015, 03:45:05 pm »

Yes.

Still, I feel that if there are many people that'll want to join, I might as well pull out as I already hda a go. Still, now it's be fun to either kill Castro or maybe make him king of humanity or something.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 03, 2015, 06:14:01 pm »

Van Relsing
Male

Good.

Democratics or rebublicans? Or some other? Not sure if it matters.

No need to step down. We have only three sheets so far. I would like to double that.
So PMC stands for Private Military Company? Which is JA13?
Oh, Democrats.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 04, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »

I saw you request more players in the brainstorming thread.  I'm not 100% sure what kind of game this is, but I'll give it a shot.

Spoiler: Forrester Finch (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 09:53:23 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Second vision
« Reply #521 on: September 05, 2015, 04:11:54 pm »

I hoped to get more than four players, especially since Harry Baldman said he would be up for another round but never actually posted a sheet. Let's get started anyway. New players can easily hop in while we aren't too far in.

Mihael waits until everyone is settled down before he starts speaking.

"As some people suspect, I do have precongitive ability. It's far from perfect and conclusive, but it is enough to solve any mundane problems. It's also what I used to solve each of yours problems. Not so much of being talented business man than just cheating the system." He chuckles. Then he gets serious again.

"For half of my life I have seen visions about end of the world. Every single time I saw it, it was different than in previous vision, but it also always started at very specific date; exactly three years from now. During last ten years visions started to focus more at people rather than actual catastrophe and eventually it focused on you people. I saw you fighting through the catastrophe while being prepared for it. I saw you fighting together, separately and against each other. I saw you dying early and surviving to the end. I saw your efforts saving thousands people, hundreds and no one. I saw you fight to save lives, to save technology, to leave your mark on the world and to seize control what's left. Every single time my visions were different."

"Then yesterday this thing appeared."
He points at the glowing ball hovering above him. "Just by touching it it granted me knowledge of what is going to happen and most importantly, why. Higher beings, whose overly complex cellphone it is, have decided to erase mankind for their own entertainment. Yes, you heard it right. Entertainment. Mankind will die just because they think agony of billions is fun. Granted, humans also kill ants and other animals en masse because we think it is fun. I suppose it is same kind of situation here, just on different scale."

"And to make it more fun they decided to leave exact method of end into hands of humans. They want us to decide how we will die. To add insult into injury they are even willing to help us to dodge the bullet to some degree, or at least to make impossible scenarios slighly less impossible. Do not misunderstand this; no matter what happens billions will die. Even in the best scenario only thousands will survive."

"Technically decision is mine to make, but I cannot bear such responsibility, not alone. So by following my visions I chose you all to decide it on my behalf, and with power granted by this ball I transported you here. You all have influence and power, so you can prepare for the end and even survive through it if luck permits.
So tell me, in what form should the Armageddon come? Alien invasion? Zombie outbreak? Nuclear war? Demons ravaging the land? A great deluge as it was in my latest vision? Because those higher beings can enact any doomsday scenario you can come up with. Anything from natural distasters to supernatural, unnatural and artificial ones."

((Your first task is to come up with a method to end mankind that you all can accept and reasonably prepare for. The one form of apocalypse I won't accept is the flood we had first time, so please don't even mention it. This time majority wins, so as long as more than half of players agree with each other, that's what will happen.))

Spoiler: Sherri Jones (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forrester Finch (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rosario Escobar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Van Relsing (click to show/hide)
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 05, 2015, 04:40:05 pm »

So the world is going to die? Any ideals of what would be best.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 05, 2015, 05:23:30 pm »

Forrester loosens his tie and fidgets with his pocket watch.  He stays silent.  Minutes pass before he finally speaks.

"Disease.  End this world by disease.  To survive that, all we have to do is isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.  We might even manage to create a vaccine or a cure.  Selling such a vaccine would bring us quite a bit of profit...."
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: September 05, 2015, 06:27:16 pm »

Forrester loosens his tie and fidgets with his pocket watch.  He stays silent.  Minutes pass before he finally speaks.

"Disease.  End this world by disease.  To survive that, all we have to do is isolate ourselves from the rest of the world.  We might even manage to create a vaccine or a cure.  Selling such a vaccine would bring us quite a bit of profit...."
That it would. Start up a system to keep those who are smart and intelligent safe while the rest burn...Dark but it will work.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44