Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Surprisepalace, The Rebirth!  (Read 38472 times)

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
Re: Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2015, 04:47:05 pm »

well, that was quick, here goes attempt #2.
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2015, 04:48:36 pm »

well, that was quick, here goes attempt #2.

Hold on there neblime, let's not give up hope yet...

Edit: Nevermind, should be able to do it actually
Surprisepalace! Overseers wanted!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

neblime

• Bay Watcher
  • More GG more skill
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2015, 03:30:41 am »

oh..
i got a pm so i thought i better
neeeeeeeevermind
http://i.imgur.com/Gv6I6JO.png
I am quite looking forward to the next 20 or 30 years or so of developmental madness

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2015, 06:30:24 am »

Is the thing still open for more overseers? If yes, I'm in :D
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2015, 07:43:02 am »

oh..
i got a pm so i thought i better
neeeeeeeevermind

I did message you, but that was two weeks ago for your first turn? Unless someone else messaged you... ???

Okay, you're on the list!
But they never would have given up either. And compared to sitting around in this prison for the rest of my life? Losing is fun.

Foxite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2015, 07:45:48 am »

Yeah! Two questions, though: If I finish my turn before the week is over, is it fine to upload it before the end of the week? And would anyone mind if I posted the "report" of my turn on my own host, instead of this topic? Because I am having difficulties with horizontal scrolling when the images in spoiler tags are too wide to fit the screen. I will of course post the link to the post in this topic.
The best way to demonstrate it to him is take a save of 40 year old fortress with 150 dwarves in it on a good sized embark with a volcano that just breached the circus and install it on his gaming rig and watch it bring his rig to its knees.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2015, 08:28:35 am »

I'd love to be part of this!  Sign me up!
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2015, 08:50:04 am »

If I finish my turn before the week is over, is it fine to upload it before the end of the week?
Yes
-Turns last one in-game year, two real-life weeks, or until the overseer gives up, whichever comes first.

DukeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2015, 04:27:53 pm »

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of either doing four small updates (one for each season, with the last one a bit longer since we start mid-fall) or two medium ones. Which one you guys think best? Or least annoying?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2015, 04:40:47 pm »

I think four small ones is better

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2015, 04:51:09 pm »

I'd love to be part of this!  Sign me up!

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of either doing four small updates (one for each season, with the last one a bit longer since we start mid-fall) or two medium ones. Which one you guys think best? Or least annoying?

Whatever works for you...I'd say smaller ones, only because it's nice to have a steady flow of content. ;)

Augster999

• Bay Watcher
  • You have discovered an eerie post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2015, 06:32:24 pm »

This sounds great! Count me in!

DukeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2015, 10:04:08 pm »

Alright then, first update should be some time tomorrow or Friday. Organizing everything and kinda making a story is the hardest part X_X

Chaoseed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Chaoseed Software
« Reply #73 on: April 03, 2015, 10:13:47 pm »

This sounds great! Count me in!

Alright then, first update should be some time tomorrow or Friday. Organizing everything and kinda making a story is the hardest part X_X

I agree.

By the way...

Yeah! Two questions, though: If I finish my turn before the week is over, is it fine to upload it before the end of the week? And would anyone mind if I posted the "report" of my turn on my own host, instead of this topic? Because I am having difficulties with horizontal scrolling when the images in spoiler tags are too wide to fit the screen. I will of course post the link to the post in this topic.

As Demonic Spoon mentioned, feel free to finish as soon as you like. As for the reports, though...I'm not sure, I mean, if someone were trying to go through and read everything that happened, in other words all the posts in order, they'd have to go to another website and then come back...And, after all, EVERYONE has to deal with the horizontal scrolling problem. You could shrink the images so they're small enough...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 10:28:50 pm by Chaoseed »

DukeGod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2015, 01:35:43 pm »

Kay, were we go. Had some headache yesterday, delayed my plans. This one is short

My turn starts. It's my first time in a sucession fort, so, criticize if you please. Also, some of it might be out of order cronologically
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 01:37:33 pm by DukeGod »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12