Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fable: Legends  (Read 2325 times)

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
Fable: Legends
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:16:16 pm »

What are people's opinions about this gamble that Lionhead Studios is making for their game?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Fable: Legends
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 12:02:01 am »

... uh, what gamble? Taking a gander at it, they're just doing something that's... already been done like four or five times by other developers, generally fairly effectively from what I recall. Think it'll be the first of its sort from a major studio, but I'm not sure they're actually doing something risky.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 12:06:42 am »

Besides it is Lionhead they have been in a permanent death spiral for a while...

Remember when we used to like their games? Back when it was just Fable, Black and White, and The Movies?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 12:09:57 am »

... I remember B&W being fairly well liked, B&W2 being liked less, and fable being forgettable (and, iirc, outstaying its welcome, sequel wise). Movies thing doesn't even ring a bell :V

So not really on the remembering thing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2015, 12:47:38 am »

... uh, what gamble? Taking a gander at it, they're just doing something that's... already been done like four or five times by other developers, generally fairly effectively from what I recall. Think it'll be the first of its sort from a major studio, but I'm not sure they're actually doing something risky.

This explains it a bit better.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2015, 09:39:52 am »

Huh, I didn't know it was free...

I am not predicting good things.

It still doesn't look like a very good or interesting game and being the "Mastermind" usually means it will be like that castle game of nonsense. So expect the Mastermind to be too weak or too strong.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:51:55 am by Neonivek »

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 10:40:47 am »

There is no if, and, or but about it: this game WILL be a flop. It is a sad fact of our gaming lives that Peter Molyneux is essentially the Ed Wood of the AAA video game industry these days. If he were smart he would close Lionhead and leave with what little dignity he has left... Or at he very lest, hand over full control to someone less incompetent.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2015, 10:50:18 am »

Peter has absolutely no hand in this.

He left the company a long while ago.

This is mostly Microsoft giving Lionhead company mandates.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2015, 11:04:55 am »

Jeez. That almost makes it worse.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2015, 03:07:32 pm »

Jeez. That almost makes it worse.
It really really does.
"Your company is so unsuccessful we took it over and made it make stuff for free!"
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2015, 03:15:27 pm »

Huh, I didn't know it was free...

I am not predicting good things.

It still doesn't look like a very good or interesting game and being the "Mastermind" usually means it will be like that castle game of nonsense. So expect the Mastermind to be too weak or too strong.
Ever hear of a game called Zombie Master?

It was an old Source Engine mod. One player controls the zombies and erryone else is a survivor. It was by far one of my favorite games. The ZM was a lil overpowered normally, however it depends on the map. However the culture of the game usually resulted in the ZM making it into an ambushy kind of thing with the occasional swarm shamblers to delay the survivors as he set up the next area. Technically he could just spam hulks (strong zeds) or banshees (quick zeds), technically counterable but frowned upon since it's not as fun for either side. Immolator (self immolating suicide ambusher)  ambushes are by far more amusing (and deadly.) Shambler (slow high health basic Zeds) hordes with Drifters (slow floating short range acid spitters that disorient survivors) are great for both killing and soaking up ammo.

It's fairly well balanced weaponwise with the ZM having an advantage in most levels. Although the ZM's goal isn't to kill (unless it's the last phase of the map). It's to have fun.

If they can pull off something like Zombie Master, then this could be a resounding success.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2015, 03:20:15 pm »

I remember there being a class of maps called "deathrun" in CS that was pretty interesting. You basically had a gigantic floating trap course, and one person was behind the glass with buttons to activate the traps. It was pretty interesting to play. Also because the levels were quite vertical, they usually were very pretty to look at.
._.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2015, 03:25:53 pm »

I remember there being a class of maps called "deathrun" in CS that was pretty interesting. You basically had a gigantic floating trap course, and one person was behind the glass with buttons to activate the traps. It was pretty interesting to play. Also because the levels were quite vertical, they usually were very pretty to look at.
ZM had a heavy dose of traps.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2015, 12:32:02 am »

ZM had a heavy dose of traps.
It had lots of guys dressing as girls? :P

The mere fact its Kevak posting made it be contextualized that way o.o
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2015, 01:13:38 am »

No, I don't mean that kind of trap. I mean the dwarf fort kind.

Back in its hayday, might have been an avatar mod/zombie model mod for it that did the crossdressing traps though. Dunno. If there was I never encountered it.
Pages: [1] 2