Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167418 times)

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1290 on: January 12, 2017, 05:59:30 am »

I only play comp nowadays. Quickplay is a toxic hellhole. Any time I have to play quick play I wait to see if anyone goes healer or, really, anything other than DPS. The other teams, though, tend to have a comp based solely around Symmetra every time. She's almost ruined the game for me in her current state.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: January 12, 2017, 12:07:24 pm »

Good, D.VA was unbearable, where are them s76 nerfs though? I'm still wondering why did they buff the most boring, entry-level heroes (like d.va and s76) to this level in the first place, I barely play nowadays because meta has never been so stale.
S76 isn't a great character tho, he's just the last nano-boost-buddy standing.  If Ana were out of the meta people would be playing Jessie "two shots and you're done" McCree.

I've thought for a long time that Nanoboost should affect reload time or clip size.  All of the broken combos with it have involved characters who don't have to reload for one reason or another.

Personally I think D'va is great, and that's coming from someone who plays half my games as Pharah.  Clearly overpowered, but a cool character nonetheless.  The devs were trying to make her a viable replacement in top level play for Rein or Zarya but in doing so they fucked up lower level play.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: January 12, 2017, 09:16:28 pm »

Nano-boosting Zarya is still pretty good

Assuming she's charged up
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: January 13, 2017, 08:16:54 pm »

One of my team members just got 10 up-votes after the match, resulting in the 'Legendary!' sound clip playing. First time I've heard it. And for a Hanzo no less, after he got potg for a sextuple kill.

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: January 15, 2017, 02:51:19 pm »

I'm almost done leveling my second account to 25 for comp and the experience has been an... interesting one. My queue times have been getting longer and longer and by now almost everyone I play with is on a second account. As my hidden quickplay skill rating increased, teams improved continuously and it was pretty nice, at a certain point most of the people I played with were diamond players. Then something unexpected happened. I'm not saying I'm anywhere near their level, but as far as the quickplay SR is concerned I had the winrate needed and I started playing with master and grandmaster players. That is when things got crazy. Teams stopped improving and the game became a total shitshow with everyone splitting off all over, joking, trolling, just fooling around, no teamwork. At this level almost nobody cared about quickplay and there was zero effort put in, they were just lazily and mindlessly leveling to 25 to get back into competitive. It was hard to get mad though since everyone was so laid back and the chat was hilarious.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 02:57:40 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: January 15, 2017, 03:01:38 pm »

Smurfs seem to absolutely skyrocket in MMR.  I assume so that you can't spend $40 to spend a month ROFLstomping pubs.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: January 15, 2017, 03:15:18 pm »

Smurfs seem to absolutely skyrocket in MMR.  I assume so that you can't spend $40 to spend a month ROFLstomping pubs.

The game is pretty good at finding where you belong, but quickplay mmr can't usually be trusted due to how random it is with people not usually playing the characters they're best at. The skyrocketing is probably caused by 2 things. The matchmaker at least tries to keep you with people near your level so new players don't feel like they're getting screwed. This causes you to get some easy wins at first and you skyrocket past gold if you're putting in effort. Once you're fighting with other smurfs, you run into people who aren't trying as hard since most of them have no interest in QP and if like me you're actually trying hard so you can get some good practice in before placement matches, you end up stomping. Once there you end up in troll land where widows do flying 360 quickscope multikills and terrorize your whole team since nobody cares enough to go counter them and hanzos hit every headshot. As a support main, the real pro genjis found here are really scary. I never asked for this :(

Good practice though.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 03:19:30 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: January 16, 2017, 04:04:33 am »

I was in the 2500's a week ago...now I'm in the 1500's. Matchmaking can be a real bitch.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: January 16, 2017, 07:00:16 pm »

I think there might be some kind of hidden calculation being done based on in-game metrics (or possibly win streaks?) to boost smurfs out of the scrub tiers as quickly as possible. Because basically they want as few people to quit due to being stomped by smurfs as possible.

I heard that the guys who deliberately lost all their games to fall to rank 1 triggered this since they were getting kills and stuff.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: January 17, 2017, 01:28:02 pm »

Oh yeah definitely.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard was using IP addresses or some other identification method to match people's smurf accounts to their mains.  And using statistics to identify who's playing like a new player and who isn't.  At $40 a pop most people aren't going to have much time to figure out how to game the system.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: January 25, 2017, 07:59:53 am »

Year of the Rooster patch is live.

Mei got a new skin. She's finally confirmed thin. I'm kind of disappoint.
Mercy got a china dress, which she is wearing with leggings...which is like a crime against the china dress. wtf Blizzard!?
Zenyatta got yet another skin that makes him look like a human. Stop being ashamed of your omnicity, Zen.

Roadhog's hook changes seemed to destroy in training ground; after hooking I could spin up to 120 degrees away from my target and move in any direction, as long as I held down the fire button it was still a kill. I haven't played him against real people yet, but I played a mercy healing him in one round; for more than a dozen hooks I would damage boost as he reeled them in and never once saw him fail to get the kill.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: January 25, 2017, 09:37:25 am »

I got the bastion skin.  Ganymede is a rooster instead of a normal birb, and even makes rooster crows in the hero select screen.  Shame bastion gets countered by like half the game.

Also apparently attack bastion is the key to winning the CTF arcade mode.  We'd push in as a team, and I'd turret up to keep the enemy flag clear enough to actually have my team pick it up.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: January 25, 2017, 12:23:29 pm »

Mei's thinness is an known bug which will be fixed next patch. Thankfully cube butts are not canon.
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: January 25, 2017, 12:40:32 pm »

Roadhog's hook changes are honestly the best thing that has happened to Overwatch since the D'va rework.  It feels fair now.  I can hook Genjis and actually kill them, but by the same token the hook's hitbox no long feels like a bus.  It hits when I expect it to hit and misses when I expect it to miss.

The hook breaking is wonky and physically unintuitive, is my only complaint.  Roadhog's hook is basically a one-shot so I'm cool with the fact that you can hug a corner for safety, but like... why does this solid length of chain just vanish?  Might weird some new players out.  The other funny thing is that the hook animation links to the target's torso, but the LoS calculations use the target's head.  So Roadhog can still get silly ledge hooks.

All in all I would describe it as a nerf to the highest level Roadhogs who knew how to get kills on every hook, but for everyone else its less of a buff or a nerf, just fixing what was broken.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: January 25, 2017, 03:11:02 pm »

I like the new patch.

I like the new skins. I like the CTF mode.

Missa likey :D
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 107