Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167413 times)

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1260 on: December 21, 2016, 08:07:26 pm »

They wouldn't even know that much. Icicles melt.

I've been playing an inordinate amount of Phoenix Wright and the lack of obvious murder weaponry at the scene and the fact that there would be water around the wounds would be a strong hint that some sort of non-standard ice weapon had been used.

Also, instead of "OBJECTION!", Mei would shout: "FREEZE! 不要说话!"

Actually, thinking about it deeper, ice in a wound would chill the blood flow and the blood would be already coagulated and chilled, depending on the temperature of the ice, and any blood coming out would have been slowed and/or in smaller amounts then a normal stab wound.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 08:10:41 pm by JimboM12 »
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 21, 2016, 10:06:31 pm »

...that panel with Widowmaker, though.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 22, 2016, 12:09:13 am »

PRESS Q TO PAY RESPECTS

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 22, 2016, 03:24:50 am »

Widowmaker's attitude to Gerard really confuses me. She seems to be mourning his death, so she must still have feelings for him, right?

She's brainwashed, but not in a way that made her hate her husband I guess. I wonder what the motive looks like in her mind, perhaps some kind of delusion where she had to kill him for some greater good, or maybe she just couldn't control herself and is filled with constant regret.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 22, 2016, 03:35:19 am »

Widowmaker's attitude to Gerard really confuses me. She seems to be mourning his death, so she must still have feelings for him, right?

She's brainwashed, but not in a way that made her hate her husband I guess. I wonder what the motive looks like in her mind, perhaps some kind of delusion where she had to kill him for some greater good, or maybe she just couldn't control herself and is filled with constant regret.

Her mind control is basically whatever the writers want at whatever point they wish it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 22, 2016, 03:38:26 am »

It's a total control that turns her into a robot, but Reaper turns it off when he thinks it'll be funny.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 22, 2016, 04:07:40 am »

It's a total control that turns her into a robot, but Reaper turns it off when he thinks it'll be funny.
That sounds more like something Sombra would do. Reaper had his funny bone surgically removed.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 22, 2016, 04:09:40 am »

And by funny I mean cruel.
But yeah, Sombra is also a good fit.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 22, 2016, 05:19:29 am »

I think Widowmaker still loving Gerard served Talon's purpose. I mean, how else would she be able to pretend to not be brainwashed long enough to assasinate an experienced Overwatch agent unless she actually can do it naturally? And now that Gerard is dead it's not like she'll betray Talon for a dead guy, she'll just feel shitty about quickscoping his face.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 22, 2016, 07:58:24 am »

I think Widowmaker still loving Gerard served Talon's purpose. I mean, how else would she be able to pretend to not be brainwashed long enough to assasinate an experienced Overwatch agent unless she actually can do it naturally? And now that Gerard is dead it's not like she'll betray Talon for a dead guy, she'll just feel shitty about quickscoping his face.

Well... Gerard isn't dead.

somemildmanneredidiot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 22, 2016, 08:15:19 am »

Well... Gerard isn't dead.

???????
"As to why you'd want to [throw your sword in combat] at all? The answer is pretty simple: There's someone you want to stab, but they're all the way over there, and walking is for peasants." - Starke of How To Fight Write

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 22, 2016, 12:55:47 pm »

Gerard is Pink Diamond Doomfist confirmed.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 27, 2016, 12:17:20 pm »

Um. Pharah's concussion blast can be kinda ridiculous. I'll just leave this here. Youtube

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 01, 2017, 03:34:51 am »

Um. Pharah's concussion blast can be kinda ridiculous. I'll just leave this here. Youtube
Nice, I got a triple once in that same spot.  Except I was on the balcony and I got them right as they rounded the corner.

I personally think concussion blast is an amazing ability, but I also use it very differently from most Pharahs.  For me its less Lucio's boop and more Tracer's blink.  I use about 2/3rds of my concussion blasts on my self.  I've gotten the jump on aimbot level McCrees and Anas because no one expects the forward concussion blast.  Using it to dodge/retreat is the main utility tho.

Also over half my ults now involve aggressive concussion blast use for POINT BLANK JUSTICE.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 01, 2017, 08:43:07 am »

Nice, I got a triple once in that same spot.  Except I was on the balcony and I got them right as they rounded the corner.

I personally think concussion blast is an amazing ability, but I also use it very differently from most Pharahs.  For me its less Lucio's boop and more Tracer's blink.  I use about 2/3rds of my concussion blasts on my self.  I've gotten the jump on aimbot level McCrees and Anas because no one expects the forward concussion blast.  Using it to dodge/retreat is the main utility tho.

Also over half my ults now involve aggressive concussion blast use for POINT BLANK JUSTICE.

Oh yea, I use it lots to jump out of dangerous situations too, it's great to get around a corner or over the top of a roof when that sniper might finally hit their 10th headshot attempt on you. Also I tend to use it when coming out of spawn, I guess it saves a second of rollout. Where concussion blast shines however, is to boop overly ambitious Reinhardts into the middle of your team while also throwing back their healer or dps.
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 107