Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167367 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1155 on: November 29, 2016, 09:23:19 pm »

WTF is this. I got Gambler McCree a while back as my first lootbox skin drop for him, and now I just got Vigilante from a lootbox I won from a High Noon brawl as my second. I think the game is trying to tell me something.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: November 29, 2016, 10:43:46 pm »

lower your sensitivity, shoot some heads

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: November 29, 2016, 10:52:59 pm »

Lol, speaking of, I just got a McCree PotG that was nothing but me bodyshotting people. Perfect tracking on all of them, just... aimed center of mass instead of the heads. >.<

TBH though I'd rather have spotty aim than not be able to react quickly. I don't have a very big space for my mouse so I can't just do big drags, I have to be able to flick and spin with small movements. Which, yeah, sucks for precision, but you really need the speed for reaction flashbangs. That and I suck at head clicking in pretty much anything that isn't CS:S.

3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: November 29, 2016, 10:57:08 pm »

could always get one of those adjustable DPI mouses that lets you increase hardware sensitivity on the fly for l33t h4x0r plays

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: November 30, 2016, 12:28:15 am »

But that requires money T.T

also all the ones I've seen have that awful "1337 gam3rz" design aesthetic crammed with unnecessary lights, easily broken bits, and poorly placed thumb buttons.

3. Run Resize Enable

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 30, 2016, 01:50:39 am »

Lol, speaking of, I just got a McCree PotG that was nothing but me bodyshotting people. Perfect tracking on all of them, just... aimed center of mass instead of the heads. >.<

TBH though I'd rather have spotty aim than not be able to react quickly. I don't have a very big space for my mouse so I can't just do big drags, I have to be able to flick and spin with small movements. Which, yeah, sucks for precision, but you really need the speed for reaction flashbangs. That and I suck at head clicking in pretty much anything that isn't CS:S.
McCree seems to be balanced around the idea that you'll miss half your shots and never land headshots.  If you can either hit all shots as bodyshots or any headshots at all you'll do more than fine.

Just remember to unbind alt fire on McCree.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: December 01, 2016, 01:21:54 am »

Season 3

I'm actually going to try to rank this time.  Solo Que, because I hate myself and have no friends.

Probably going to mainly play zenyatta if I can get away with it.  Did win the first placement match at least.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: December 01, 2016, 04:10:03 am »

Actually solo queue is good for learning. It's awkward when you play with friends and you still lose horribly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: December 01, 2016, 04:26:10 am »

McCree seems to be balanced around the idea that you'll miss half your shots and never land headshots.  If you can either hit all shots as bodyshots or any headshots at all you'll do more than fine.

Just remember to unbind alt fire on McCree.

Hey now, alt-fire's fine as long as you're pistol-deep in a 200HP enemy.

As to aim, I was going to upload a gfycat of me getting a siiiiiiiiiiq Ana sleep dart off on a D.Va who probably wasn't long for the world anyway, but my connection was uploading at 0.05Mb/s, so scratch that.

nyulzsiraf

• Bay Watcher
  • Panic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: December 01, 2016, 11:48:40 am »

looks like there was only a little soft reset after season 2, and everybody will get back almost the same rank he had in season 2

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: December 01, 2016, 01:49:22 pm »

Since I never bothered with ranked that apparently means getting matched with total potatoes.

3. Run Resize Enable

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: December 02, 2016, 01:53:08 am »

Season 3 is here.

I got 5 matches into my placement today. First 2 matches had multiple leavers on my team, third match had 5 dps on my team and no healer because I went tank, fourth match went to a draw because neither team could take the first point, fifth match we won after I skated circles around the enemy team on tower map. Not an ideal start to Season 3...but there's still 5 more placement matches to go.

I'm kinda disappointed that Symmetra2.0 didn't finish baking in time for the new season.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: December 02, 2016, 05:11:54 pm »

Just finished my placement matches for S3.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

IDK how ranking works in OW, but apparently I placed in gold after going 5:5 (I didn't play S2 at all and didn't finish my S1 placements).

Incidentally four of the losses and three of the wins were directly attributable to first-round leavers. The highlight was a match where half of the enemy team left after they lost the first fight of the first round of KOTH. This shit is making me saltier than League.

3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: December 02, 2016, 05:45:59 pm »

If it makes you feel better, in Season 1 & 2 I had a ton of leavers in the placement matches, but after the placements it got a lot better and I hardly ever had leavers.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: December 02, 2016, 05:49:57 pm »

Finished my placement matches.

3 draws, 1 win, 6 losses. 5 of the losses had leavers on my team in the first round. None of the matches had leavers on the enemy team.

Fate can be such a cruel bitch.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 107