Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167355 times)

EvilTwin

• Bay Watcher
  • likes skeletons for their afros
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #1140 on: November 26, 2016, 11:07:41 pm »

especially if you're against people that aren't that good themselves.
I'm going to emphasize this especially for characters with projectile travel time.

One thing I've noticed as Pharah is that if I go up against new players my accuracy goes down the tubes.  This is because my ability to land shots on people depends on being able to get in their heads and understand what they're trying to do.  Since new players are inherently hard to predict, I can't get in their heads.  So I just kind of hold down LMB in their general direction and inevitably they walk into my rockets on their own.

^this. I always play Pharah on Lijang Tower (except for control center), and it works out amazingly because people still haven't figured that she is able to push them off ledges, or maybe they choose to try to be lucky... But against completely new players, no chance.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 26, 2016, 11:13:46 pm »

Absolutely. I always had the same issue as Soldier in TF2; if they were at least relatively skilled, I could easily deal with them by jumping in and predicting their movements. Against newbies, it was much harder, and I generally would flub a rocket or two or four and be forced to reload or swap to shotgun.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 27, 2016, 10:25:28 am »

Hey, if you wanted the Origins skins but bought the standard, Origins is 40% off right now. Basically if you log in to b.net on their website and "buy" the Origins edition it'll upgrade your base game at the discounted price, meaning you get the skins for $10.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 27, 2016, 10:37:26 am »

I'm so tempted to do that right now, but the only Origins skin I like is Widowmaker's, but I never get to play Widowmaker anymore anyways because everyone hate snipers.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 27, 2016, 12:27:42 pm »

I'm so tempted to do that right now, but the only Origins skin I like is Widowmaker's, but I never get to play Widowmaker anymore anyways because everyone hate snipers.
Good thing, then, because you only got the Noire skin if you preordered the Origins edition. Codes for it are running in the mid triple digits right now IIRC.

3. Run Resize Enable

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 27, 2016, 12:57:03 pm »

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

It just looks so good
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 27, 2016, 01:10:59 pm »

I think that's the point, it was the super cool exclusive skin for the premier sniper hero intended to entice people to shell out extra for Origins preorders.

3. Run Resize Enable

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 27, 2016, 05:10:44 pm »

*pulls Noire skin closer* MINE!

Is it really that good? I only use mine because I haven't got any of her other legendaries yet.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 27, 2016, 05:12:31 pm »

I don't have any other origins skins but I preordered the game, still have Noire.

Not that I ever play Widowmaker...
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 27, 2016, 05:24:56 pm »

Widowmaker is in a good place now. I don't throw a fit if she's picked in my matches. When it comes to player performance, whether or not a hero is viable, and whether or not your team is bad and you belong with better players, there are some things to keep in mind.

First, if it's quickplay you have to completely forget things like "meta" "strategy" or trusting/relying on your teammates. You cannot make any general assumptions based on quickplay in Overwatch. Quickplay has a rating system like competitive which is hidden BUT it is entirely meaningless. Someone might have reached a high rating playing winston, but in your current match he's practicing genji and is terrible at it. This causes huge gaps when it comes to player performance in quickplay on top of a lot of players just not taking it seriously enough to really try to win. This means how well or poorly you or anyone on your/their team did means nothing here.

Competitive on the other hand does a good job of placing you at the proper skill rating after enough matches. If you get a widow on your team, check their profile and if they've played a lot of competitive widow, let them be. They obviously got to your level with widow and earned the right to play her without being harassed, the same goes for any other hero. Give them a chance until their pick is shown to clearly not work.
After a lot of matches you also have to accept that you are where you belong and you need to stop blaming others and instead analyze your own performance and cut down on mistakes. Something important to keep in mind below Diamond tier is that what makes a player good enough to have reached your skill rating can vary. Someone might have extremely good mechanical skills and manages to get lots of quick headshots, but if they're not at a high rating they probably have issues when it comes to other stuff, like general game sense and tactics and may be doing some pretty stupid things. Another person might have gotten there by playing very smart but lacks the accuracy to get consistent results from their good plays. If your teams seem to always be playing stupid or can't kill anything, realize that you are probably equally flawed in some ways combined to have been matched with them. The higher up the ladder you go though, the less weaknesses people have and you start seeing more consistency in your teammates and enemies because they have to both play skillfully and intelligently to be at their rating. Don't blame others, it doesn't help you improve at all. Acknowledge your weaknesses, and work on them and you'll climb. In the long run other players will be inconsequential.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 05:41:39 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 28, 2016, 03:21:45 am »

Playing Arcade and going back to Quickplay has pretty much made me realize that msot of the time when we lose it can be blamed more on me not killing people hard enough and not on Widowmaker not killing people hard enough, because QP Mei doesn't really need good team communication even if they might benefit from it.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 28, 2016, 09:51:43 am »

I usually run roadhog when I want to win but also not really care all that much about my team, esp. if its solo que.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 28, 2016, 10:43:18 am »

I will say, solo/non-six-stack quickplay becomes kinda horrible whenever the competitive season ends or a new update comes out.  So if that's the only time you play it I wouldn't judge it on that.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 28, 2016, 10:59:36 am »

Just be thankful there aren't any double exp weekends or special events. Those are the number one draw to the mouth-breathing knuckle-dragging crowd.

3. Run Resize Enable

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 28, 2016, 03:18:57 pm »

I will say, solo/non-six-stack quickplay becomes kinda horrible whenever the competitive season ends or a new update comes out.  So if that's the only time you play it I wouldn't judge it on that.

I play plenty of quickplay, I don't hop onto comp unless I'm warmed up and feeling 100%.
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 107